Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the chinese is irrelevant to the discussion really they arent americans, the irish were treated like dirt because they were catholic spie them being white(non anglos) but after while that changed when all whites came together. one point all europeans thought they were seperate races

The Chinese are relevant to this discussion, as are the Japanese who were interred in camps during WWII, as well as the Native Americans forced onto reservations.

If any group should have a gripe it should be the NATIVE AMERICANS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Haven't we kind of done that for the last 40 years, what with all the government programs that are geared to this sector of the population?

Sanrene, the government programs were not created for or taken advantage of ONLY BY and FOR blacks...Statements and idea's like these are the reason why this company will continue to be divided. Go back and do a little research on the so call government programs that your referencing.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
If the world was going to apologize for all the cruelties and injustices done since the beginning of humanity ~ and make reparations for it ~ then every
I heard those descended from Cain want reparations from those descended from Abel.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
How many generations do you use that excuse to justify failure?

Failure...so are you eluding to Blacks are failures?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
my ancestors were in sicily. why should I care? this is what is called political grandstanding. it means nothing.

Final, it means nothing to you...but to those that have been looking for this for generations....It means a lot....Yes, may be grandstanding. Bottome line. Should have been done YEARS AGO

Old 06-22-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I can't believe this crap is back on the board again.,,,Aero, the OP was not the first person to bring up Reparation, that would be Sarene. We've been down this road last week. The apology was made now move on.
Just a gentle reminder: on this thread, the reparation issue was cited within the article the OP copy/pasted.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:11 PM

69 posts, read 63,071 times
all I see in this thread are excuses (poor ones at that) made for America's ugly past. typical.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Failure...so are you eluding to Blacks are failures?
At least 2 generations of blacks are caught in the grip of government dependency, illiteracy and poverty. This is a tragedy - so many black youths fall through the cracks and their children are destined for the same.

Those that make it out of the vicious cycle should be applauded.

Those that continue to look to the government for all their needs are not likely to be high achievers and therefore, they will fail.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:18 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Those that continue to look to the government for all their needs are not likely to be high achievers and therefore, they will fail.
..and will continue to vote straight-ticket democrat.

the dems thus have a vested interest seeing this massive failure continue.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
all I see in this thread are excuses (poor ones at that) made for America's ugly past. typical.
So it's an excuse that me nor my family never owned nor benefited from slavery?And neither did anyone alive today...and you think black people of today are owed money by you and I for something that happened generations ago to folks they never even met or heard of? You must be crazy if you think that would fly with the American public for a second.... I stick by what I said....I'll let the IRS throw my arse in jail before I pay tax money to be blown on that...Gotta draw a line in the dirt somewhere and that would be mine.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 06-22-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies