Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Gay, straight, black, white, purple, blue or green - does anyone else have a problem with 9 officers raiding any bar to round up, beat, and arrest drunk citizens who, prior to the arrival of the officers, were causing no disruption?
The raid was a routine raid to check liquor license. The bar was new and never had been checked by TA BC for the license They had already hit 2 other straight bars. The owner was informed they were coming on a previous day. the owner gave consent for the liquor license check. The drunks made fools of themselves and got arrested . As drunks do whether gay or straight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Sorry....I don't spend much time studying women's boobs.
Ha ha, it's ok.
I don't spend a lot of time either but seeing as I am a woman...it comes with the territory.
Plus I know a lot of buxom women.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
The Fort Worth Police use their power to do other strange things - some examples:

1) They sit on every highway in the city - all day, every day, spaced a few miles apart from each other, writing tickets

2) They invested several million dollars in cameras to put up around the city to catch people who are littering and pay several officers to sit in an office watching the cameras all day

3) They've started putting prostitutes' and Johns' pictures on the Internet

4) They make raids on ALL bars - "gay" bars AND "straight" bars and patrol downtown nightly looking to arrest ANYONE who is drunk

This is all while they solve murder cases at a rate of about 40%.

This police department's policies and goals are messed up in general - not only when their actions are motivated by "gay hatred."

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, when a police raid on a gay bar that ended in excessive police force on the 40th Anniversary of another gay bar raid that ended with excessive police force is suspicious, at best.
I think you're giving way too much credit to these cops.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The Fort Worth Police use their power to do other strange things - some examples:

1) They sit on every highway in the city - all day, every day, spaced a few miles apart from each other, writing tickets

2) They invested several million dollars in cameras to put up around the city to catch people who are littering and pay several officers to sit in an office watching the cameras all day

4) They make raids on ALL bars - "gay" bars AND "straight" bars and patrol downtown nightly looking to arrest ANYONE who is drunk

This police department's policies and goals are messed up in general - not only when their actions are motivated by "gay hatred."
And to think, I used to want to live in Dallas?

1 has me pretty spooked...I have my speeding moments and my girlfriend hardly ever goes the speed limit.

As for the bar thing....I don't drink and neither does the girlfriend.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The raid was a routine raid to check liquor license. The bar was new and never had been checked by TA BC for the license They had already hit 2 other straight bars. The owner was informed they were coming on a previous day. the owner gave consent for the liquor license check. The drunks made fools of themselves and got arrested . As drunks do whether gay or straight
Why would it take 9 officers to check a liquor license? Couldn't one person do this in about 30 seconds?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
To those who don't think the bar is a public place, read the legislation. The law explicitly says it is.
Since it is 'open to the public', I would actually agree that it is a public place. However, since the purpose of a bar is the serving of alcoholic beverages, I'm sorry, but I simply cannot see enforcing 'public intoxication' laws inside a bar! Outside, to make sure those who are impaired don't get behind the wheel of a vehicle, sure. But inside the bar?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Why would it take 9 officers to check a liquor license? Couldn't one person do this in about 30 seconds?
Excellent point. But as afoigrokerkok mentioned, the Ft. Worth Police apparently put a lot of resources into arresting people for public intoxication all the time. They clearly were there to do more than check the liquor license.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:

1) if you do not speed why does it matter where they set up. I hope they get the speeders it will stop road rage and death.

2)Stupid and waist of time

3) Arlington and Dallas has done it for years

4) alot of the patrol down down especially sun dance square is bass security.The combination of Private security and police have made this one of the most vibrant alive downtowns in the country. I feel safe downtown and that is a good thing for tax revenue and tourists

Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
They also wanted to check to see whether the bar was serving to intoxicated people and whether anyone in the bar was violating the public intoxication law.

Again, they do this to all bars...

USATODAY.com - Texas tourism officials worried about public intoxication crackdown

Waiting for Drunks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies