Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... Well I love my state as deeply flawed as California is. I don't care for any of our legislators including Arnie. We just need to evict them all and get some real leadership!
I also love California... even with its problems.
Don't love a lot of the politics.... oh well.
Also love my home town of Pittsburgh which is so different than California that its almost funny. And it also has gone through tough times. But seems to be doing better lately. It's a great place. (Go Pens and Steelers!)

So attack where I live (San Jose) if you want... but I can't think of another place I'd rather live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 06:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that according to this article that there was a huge celebration in LA yesterday called Farce of July. The people there seem to be largely reconquistas of the Aztlan and La Raza groups who plan to do away with all white people in the southwestern US when they manage to take over. Interesting for those who really agree with those people who say that they didn't illegally cross the border, but that it crossed them.

L.A. Latinos celebrate the Farce of July
If anything: if I were a 'la raza' type; I would be more concerned about the USA finishing off some business from back in 1848-----------read that taking over even more of Mexico's territory.

As it stands: Mx's birthrate is down to 2.34 children per woman----------down from 7.3 back in 1962 and it is still declining. Replacement birthrate is 2.1 kids.

More and more: it would not surprise me to see at least a de facto version of Jim Crow/apartheid come in force against at Spanish speaking Latinos.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hold it a second Roy. Was it not you that said it was the Muslims that were going to take over our nation any second now, but yet you now state here that it is those with a Spanish connection are going to do it? Which is it Roy? Did the Muslims inform you they are no longer interested in taking over? You cannot have it both ways. FYI, those Spanish peoples you speak of were settled in what is the southwestern section of America today long before we bought it while pointing our gun in their face, just a little history for you. Curious, which group will be taking over the country next? The Chinese, the Russians, how about those nasty Europeans or worst of all the Canadians, please say it ain't so.
Casper
Funny; the White Hispanics subjugated the Aztecs, etc. yet la raza embraces the conquistador by holding on to an archaic form of Spanish culture.

Hypocrites.

PS: the Aztecs never ranged as far north as our American Southwest.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Who the hell wants a "gringo America?" The thought of that makes me want to barf.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; the White Hispanics subjugated the Aztecs, etc. yet la raza embraces the conquistador by holding on to an archaic form of Spanish culture.

Hypocrites.

PS: the Aztecs never ranged as far north as our American Southwest.
Well, if Subcommandate Marcos from Chiapas rears his head again, and leads an army of Native American Indians of Mexico to retake their land, then the Mexicans/Metizos will be without a country, and they'll need that space in the Southwest to resettle. LOL!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
If they are looking for another fight, they know where we are at. Tell them to look us up and bring their courage, they will need it.
All those anti-2nd Amendment folks need to read this article. We Phoenix people have already seen 350 home invasions here in the last 12 months. And those sitting in their little safe havens think it's ok to take the guns from us 'crazy gun nuts' who just want to defend our own homes. Ah yes, let's take away legal American guns so we can create sitting ducks and make the job of these overthrowers that much easier. Good plan!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
The southwestern U.S. belongs only to the native peoples, not to Mexicans.

I'm pretty sure that the Papago, Navajo, and Hopi aren't the least bit interested in being reconquered by fatuous and arrogant immigrants from Mexico. Throughout history, these people have had to fight off the aggression of Mexicans.

This whole "reconquista" nonsense is just a bunch of Mexican guys who feel disempowered and want to take back the power for themselves. They aren't the least bit interested in justice. It's simply another tedious and boring case of phallic jousting. Only here it's tinged with racial and class conflict. Same old thing, since the beginning of time.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
But they are not considered a hate group, only white people can be in hate groups. I lived in LA for my whole life until we moved to MO. I moved my family from that damn city because of the illegals, crime and the absolute HATE that comes from the Mexicans. I am of Mexican descent but what I saw and heard was scary.
See there. You are one of the many thousands that left California because of illegals and what they can get by with and what they actually do. It seems that they can someday take California just because so many people are moving out of that place to escape them, the things the government of California does for them, taxes, etc. They are winning just because so many don't want to have to support them.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hold it a second Roy. Was it not you that said it was the Muslims that were going to take over our nation any second now, but yet you now state here that it is those with a Spanish connection are going to do it? Which is it Roy? Did the Muslims inform you they are no longer interested in taking over? You cannot have it both ways. FYI, those Spanish peoples you speak of were settled in what is the southwestern section of America today long before we bought it while pointing our gun in their face, just a little history for you. Curious, which group will be taking over the country next? The Chinese, the Russians, how about those nasty Europeans or worst of all the Canadians, please say it ain't so.
Casper
Casper, I think if you bothered to read the article you might see what I have been hearing out of Texas for some time now. Back when San Antonio had the big fair I heard that those who think there are lots of Mexicans in Mexico only need to come to San Antonio to find more Mexicans than people of European decendency. I have heard that the Mexican population there has outstripped Eueopeans even more. I was amazed at the number of them in 1968 but so many of those then were born in this country to parents who were here all the time too. Now I am waiting to hear of the wars between the illegals that have settled there and the Mexican-Americans who have been there for so long.

Speaking of that kind of thing, in Southwest Kansas Mexicans have come to outnumber Americans in the four largest cities because the meat packers employ so many illegals. Now all of those towns had large populations of Mexican descendants in them but they are outnumbered hugely by the illegals. The illegals refuse to be assimilated and have to have their own Catholic churches, stores etc but want to be allowed to go everywhere in town. I have met some really nice illegals there but more are a pain in the butt to the Mexicans who are descendants of citizens from the late 19th century.

You won't find la Raza very well liked in this area but the day is coming.

Doesn't it gripe you that a man who is afraid of us being so nice to non-assimilating people like so many Muslims in the upper US would also be fearful for people who say all the time that they will be taking the southwest back sometime soon? Oh yeah, I can't have it both ways you say. Casper, I feel for people like you who claimed to be independents until the Obama thig came up and are now so lefthanded.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastersteve View Post
The 'Canada Free Press' up here in Toronto is at best a tabloid, and at its worst a neo-con media outlet more interested in quoting Rush Limbaugh and other ego apparatchiks within the slower witted side of the Republican party. Far from pursuing true republican values represented by the wise Eisenhower and Ron Paul liberty factions; the Canada free press has on occasion expressed its opinion that Fox news slants to far to the left, and has become a mouth piece for the views of Bush's speechwriter Canadian David Frum and buddies. David Frum's skills as a news reporter, like Judi McLeod its editor in chief, appear to have studied at the journalistic school of paparazzi.
'News is what we make it, damn the facts, we need sensationalism"! is the method of cover.

All I can say is like the 'Worldnetdaily' it's not the fact that the stories are false, they are not, but the partisan slant is so thick, it has fogged the cognisant wheels of investigative impartiality.
Are the stories false or not? You say that the Canada FreePress is largely liars and then compare it to WND and say that the stories are true. I guess we don't see tabloids the same way and I know for sure that anyone who leans left too far tends to say that anything that is not leaning the same direction is slanted. Are you one of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies