Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,743 times

Advertisements

AZ State Senator Allen testified before Congress in support of Uranium mining in her home state of AZ. During her testimony she said that, "The Earth has been around for 6000 years, which was long before environmental laws and everything has been just fine, so we should mine the uranium in AZ and get the revenue. Once they get all the uranium out of the ground, you won't even know the mine was there."

And some people wonder why Republicans are losing elections. LMAO!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,785 times
No wonder they are so enthralled with "know nothings". I think I see Palin's 2012 running mate! It'll play in Peoria.

golfgod

Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
No wonder they are so enthralled with "know nothings". I think I see Palin's 2012 running mate! It'll play in Peoria.

golfgod
The bar is pretty low in the Republican party, and still going lower

Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
AZ State Senator Allen testified before Congress in support of Uranium mining in her home state of AZ. During her testimony she said that, "The Earth has been around for 6000 years, which was long before environmental laws and everything has been just fine, so we should mine the uranium in AZ and get the revenue. Once they get all the uranium out of the ground, you won't even know the mine was there."

Oh yeah? Well, at least she's not an "elitist." That's what's great about Republicans: they know that an education is for wimps:

Phil Plait of BadAstronomy notes that the irony of Allen’s claim “is that she’s talking about uranium mining, and it’s through the radioactive decay of uranium that we know the Earth is billions of years old.”

Also, I wonder where that mining would take place. On Navajo land that was stolen by the U.S. government and the energy corporations? Yeah, the environmental damage from the mining already done in AZ will poison the planet for the next 80,000 years. Not to mention all the Navajo children who suffered brain damage from it, and the Navajo adults who died of cancer from working the mines. And whose families were never compensated.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Oh yeah? Well, at least she's not an "elitist." That's what's great about Republicans: they know that an education is for wimps:

Phil Plait of BadAstronomy notes that the irony of Allen’s claim “is that she’s talking about uranium mining, and it’s through the radioactive decay of uranium that we know the Earth is billions of years old.”

Also, I wonder where that mining would take place. On Navajo land that was stolen by the U.S. government and the energy corporations? Yeah, the environmental damage from the mining already done in AZ will poison the planet for the next 80,000 years. Not to mention all the Navajo children who suffered brain damage from it, and the Navajo adults who died of cancer from working the mines. And whose families were never compensated.
What are you talking about? According to Senator Allen, we don't have to worry about any of that stuff, because God has us covered. Awesome! You really should just let go of all your irrational fears and embrace the truth that Senator Allen is putting out there for all of us. The supposed "dangers" of uranium mining are probably just part of some liberal plot to undermine God and Capitalism, which are synonymous of course.

Besides, Indians normally vote for Democrats anyway and it's kind of hard to summon any sympathy for people who sell out their country like that. Also, keep in mind that AZ currently has a huge health care crisis due to lack of funding and nothing kills faster than Uranium exposure, thus eliminating the costs of long-term-care for a lot of people. Cut people = cut costs! Not to mention the fact that AZ has cut education funding to the point that they are dead last (#50) for K-12 per-pupil spending, so mining is a great option for AZ's children going forward. Sounds to me like Senator Allen is just embracing a practical plan! She's a real forward thinker!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Remind me to fund her opponent when the time comes....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Remind me to fund her opponent when the time comes....
No!

Please don't drive the far right republicans out of Arizona Mike. Leave them there to do their damage. At least they are contained and we know where they are. Besides, they mostly dwell in Phoenix... I mean, how much uglier can they really make the place?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,482 times
Rino...

...big time!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? According to Senator Allen, we don't have to worry about any of that stuff, because God has us covered. Awesome! You really should just let go of all your irrational fears and embrace the truth that Senator Allen is putting out there for all of us. The supposed "dangers" of uranium mining are probably just part of some liberal plot to undermine God and Capitalism, which are synonymous of course.

Besides, Indians normally vote for Democrats anyway and it's kind of hard to summon any sympathy for people who sell out their country like that. Also, keep in mind that AZ currently has a huge health care crisis due to lack of funding and nothing kills faster than Uranium exposure, thus eliminating the costs of long-term-care for a lot of people. Cut people = cut costs! Not to mention the fact that AZ has cut education funding to the point that they are dead last (#50) for K-12 per-pupil spending, so mining is a great option for AZ's children going forward. Sounds to me like Senator Allen is just embracing a practical plan! She's a real forward thinker!
Can't argue with logic this flawless

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Quote:

Then lets ship all the depleted uranium and it's toxic byproducts back to AZ and store it there for eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies