Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 08:42 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
<snip>There's nothing you can do or say to make things better. Eventually she'll need something (in Taitz's case it's probably a hit of Thorazine
Or nitrous oxide but you're probably right, birthers are downright angry that a black man is president of their country and they see that as just plain WRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Me Amadeus View Post
They are just stupid. The state has provided pictures of the birth certificate and that's plenty. The Republican governor of the state says Obama was born there.
The only thing they've provided is a document saying there is a birth certificate. They don't have the actual birth certificate.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Simple fact is they are either crazy or dupes.

Ignore them is the best bet.

Sorry, but that is the reality.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I mean I know that they're either nuts, or as another poster wrote covering for their true feelings that "eeek, there's a Black man in the White House". But here is where my dichotomy comes in.

If their desire is to just make Obama into "the other"; not to be trusted, different, not like us, then I want them put in asylums where they'll be less of a danger to themselves and others.

But, if they are just harmless cranks and having no effect on thinking people then I think they should be on TV all day. Because the more exposure they get the more money they'll raise from idiots. These idiots then won't have any money to send to the RNC, or their local Republicans who are up for re-election. Of course Rs don't usually get much money from working class people and pre-teens, they tend to rely on the medical/insurance/energy triumverate for most of their cash.

Regardless they do make entertaining viewing instead of summer re-runs on TV. I'm not sure who my favorite is;

Lou (the voice that puts millions to sleep) Dobbs,
Orly Taitze, complete whack job, rates on the "skank-o-meter" just above Coulter,
John Campbell, R/CA, the guy went to the Sarah Palin school of how to prepare a "word salad". The other night he said, in the space of about 30 seconds that the "birth certificate bill"; (a) will immediately put this issue to rest, (b) that this isn't about Obama, (c), that it wont' take effect until 2012, so it can't be about Obama.
Gordon Liddy, convicted felon. This is another guy who shouldn't be out without a minder. I guess the combination of Thorazine and Electro Convulsive Shocks have finally fried his brain. I saw him tonight repeating the old BS line about "his grandmother signed a deposition...". The guy was so weeeeaaaak that even Chris Matthews threw him "softballs".

golfgod
Why don't they just produce the birth certificate?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
It's been on this forum a number of times. It may even be on this thread.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/9935397-post307.html

Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I haven't kept up with the whole thing, but I think they do have a point. Now ofcourse the Obama supporters thing they're all nuts, but it would be different if McCain won. Either way it doesn't matter we've got more than enough problems.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:08 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Because it's better for President Obama that the birthers stay on this topic. As long as the issue is alive, they're easily identified for the nutbags that they are, and they won't move onto the next crazy wingnut insanity. I'm sure that he'd just as soon have them spend the next 7-1/2 years begging for a birth certificate. And they will.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM

79 posts, read 43,915 times
They are fanatics, and at this point just shut up: FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM

79 posts, read 43,915 times
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/676/birthcertificate9.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies