Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM

200 posts, read 287,580 times

Advertisements

IMHO, it is not OK to hate, period. I strongly dislike many things. The fact that the USA is getting more obese by the day is one of the things I dislike. That does not, however, mean that I dislike obese people.

Speaking of things that cause dislike....why is it ok to use stereo-typical terms like "rednecks" as if ALL rednecks dislike one race or the other? It is hard to give much creedance to a post that speaks against hatred when it uses stereo-typing and hatred of another group to prove a point. Just sayin'.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,262 times
It has always been OK. Although, HATE, is strong word. I prefer: 'what are you thinking...put down that donut!'

Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Hey Yayoi,

No matter how YOU spin it, hating people because of their body size, is wrong. And NOBODY should overeat, whether they're fat or thin. So I'm NOT advocating gluttony.

Having said that, many of you posters, keep trying to justify hating fat people. It's sad to see a post, where many of you only spew hateful, judgemental attitudes, towards those who are heavier than you. Many of you are like kids on a playground, who just can't resist being mean, towards people who are different from you.

And I used the 'sterotypical' term redneck, to describe the similarity between a white person hating someone because they're black, and a person who hates someone, because of their body size. The point is, that it's wrong to be hateful towards anyone, whether it's because of their skin color, or body size-even if someone, may be able to change their body size!

Last edited by artwomyn; 10-18-2010 at 01:54 PM..

Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
And I used the 'sterotypical' term redneck, to describe the similarity between a white person hating someone because they're black, and a person who hates someone, because of their body size. The point is, that it's wrong to be hateful towards anyone, whether it's because of their skin color, or body size-even if someone, may be able to change their body size!
Exactly my point Artwomyn. Trying to prove that hate of the obese is wrong by using an example that is "hatin'" on rednecks is hypocritical.
Please don't misunderstand me, I believe that hate is wrong period.
We as a society need to view people as individuals instead of trying to pigeon-hole them into a stereotype such as "fattys" or "rednecks". IMHO.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 PM

Hey stewnsue,

You seem to be splitting hairs, regarding the word redneck. It's long been used, to describe a white person, who hates minorities. I could've used the word prejudiced white person, or neo nazi, but they mean the same thing as redneck. Plus, everyone knows what a redneck is.

Nobody gets referred to as a redneck, unless they exhibit prejudice, towards minorities. If you're offended by my use of that word, then you yourself, may be a redneck. So don't refer to me, as being hypocritical.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM

Hey Artwomyn,

I referred to your post as being hypocritical not you. You know nothing about me so for you to attack me is not only uncalled for but rude. I am not splitting hairs, and how do you know what "everyone" knows? Just an FYI, all rednecks are not prejudiced, and all people that are prejudiced are not rednecks. You might want to find a mirror.......

Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,174 times
Quote:
Hey stewnsue,

You seem to be splitting hairs, regarding the word redneck. It's long been used, to describe a white person, who hates minorities. I could've used the word prejudiced white person, or neo nazi, but they mean the same thing as redneck. Plus, everyone knows what a redneck is.

Nobody gets referred to as a redneck, unless they exhibit prejudice, towards minorities. If you're offended by my use of that word, then you yourself, may be a redneck. So don't refer to me, as being hypocritical.
Ha! HYPOCRACY BABY!!!!!!! How do you know they dislike minorities? Maybe they have a glandular disorder, or maybe it's genetic? What if the redneck in question were obese? I love it.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Since when are the obese a "minority" in this country? They're not even a "protected class" under the discrimination laws (though I'm sure you'd LOVE to change that)

Old 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM

Hey stewnsue,

I wasn't trying to 'attack' you, only setting you straight. If you don't know that redneck is synonymous with prejudice, then you're not living in the real world. At least for us black people, the word redneck, means a prejudiced white person. You must not be black, or you wouldn't be defending rednecks.

If a black person labels a white person a redneck, then they mean that the white person is racist. And the only reason that I even brought up the term redneck, is because I was comparing racial prejudice, to prejudice against fat people. You don't seem to be sophisticated enough, to pick-up on the comparison.

And sickofnyc99, If you want to know if rednecks dislike minorities, then why don't you ask a minority? Any minority, will tell you yes. But then, you're incapable of having an intelligent discussion about the obese, rednecks, or anything else. You, and several others on this post, have turned this post into a nasty, childish free-for-all, rather than a civil discussion, anyhow!

And stewnsue, what is this 'you might want to find a mirror' business?? Are you implying that I, a black person, am a redneck?? If so, then you REALLY need to get a grip! Go find another post to comment on, where you won't come off looking foolish, as you have here!

Last edited by artwomyn; 10-19-2010 at 04:02 PM..

Old 10-19-2010, 05:53 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,174 times
Quote:
Hey stewnsue,

I wasn't trying to 'attack' you, only setting you straight. If you don't know that redneck is synonymous with prejudice, then you're not living in the real world. At least for us black people, the word redneck, means a prejudiced white person. You must not be black, or you wouldn't be defending rednecks.

If a black person labels a white person a redneck, then they mean that the white person is racist. And the only reason that I even brought up the term redneck, is because I was comparing racial prejudice, to prejudice against fat people. You don't seem to be sophisticated enough, to pick-up on the comparison.

And sickofnyc99, If you want to know if rednecks dislike minorities, then why don't you ask a minority? Any minority, will tell you yes. But then, you're incapable of having an intelligent discussion about the obese, rednecks, or anything else. You, and several others on this post, have turned this post into a nasty, childish free-for-all, rather than a civil discussion, anyhow!

And stewnsue, what is this 'you might want to find a mirror' business?? Are you implying that I, a black person, am a redneck?? If so, then you REALLY need to get a grip! Go find another post to comment on, where you won't come off looking foolish, as you have here!
Wow, that's a lot of anger and hate coming from someone who is so against it. Hypocracy strikes again, I'm really glad we're brought the real you out into the light.

Anyway I was drawing an analogy from YOUR argument that we were prejudice against obese people when you don't extend the same benefit of the doubt to "rednecks". I think the difference between "rednecks" and the obese is if I ask a "redneck" if they dislike minorities they'll probably be honest and answer yes, while the obese will most likely deny that they overeat and blame it on some nonsense.

When you asked for stats on "glandular" issues I provided them and you had no reply. YOU are clearly incapable of having an intelligent conversation, you'd rather have a pity party for people who have put themselves in a position that affects the general public in a negative way and are viewed negatively as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies