Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post

There may be a fat gene.
US Obesity Due To Over Eating, Study

"Increased food intake alone explains the increase in body weight in the United States."
Boyd Swinburn et al.
Catalogue no: T1:RS3.3, oral presentation, Room: Elicium 1, 15.00 hrs CET Friday 8 May 2009.
17th European Congress on Obesity in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 6 - 9 May 2009

Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default assumption of hate a huge leap

The trend began when it became fashionable to 'hate' words that began with OB.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
When did it become the "in" thing to HATE period? This is disgusting!!!!

I can't believe this thread is still alive. I am not fat nor am I skinny. But the HATE on this thread keeps me coming back. Do you people not see how WRONG it is to single out groups to HATE???

This is the plan...divide and conquer. And sadly it's working well.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
When did it become the "in" thing to HATE period? This is disgusting!!!!

I can't believe this thread is still alive. I am not fat nor am I skinny. But the HATE on this thread keeps me coming back. Do you people not see how WRONG it is to single out groups to HATE???

This is the plan...divide and conquer. And sadly it's working well.
Telling someone "you can have control over your weight issue if you want to" is not hate. Personally, I don't give a darn if someone chooses to be fat. What I speak up about is when they start blaming society and me for their weight issues.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Hey sickofnyc99,

You talk about anger and hate from ME, yet you've had the most hateful posts, on this whole thread! You're the one hurling ridiculous accusations, and bashing obese people, like crazy. Now you want to find any flimsy excuse, to bash me. That's indicative of your childish need, to put people down, for any reason! I feel sorry for you, because your arrogance will trip you up, one of these days. You're gonna reap
some bad Karma, because of your hateful attitude, towards the obese.

And it just so happens, that people can be victims of many things. Life teaches you that. At least if you're mature enough, to learn that lesson. Yes, people should take responsibility for eating well, and exercising. Doesn't guarantee, that they'll be slim and trim. You can drive carefully, and still be the victim of an accident. You can be a great employee, and still get laid off. You can be streetwise, and still get mugged. You can not smoke, but still get lung cancer. You can be careful of your surroundings, and still get raped. I could go on and on, but I won't. I just hope, that those of you who are on this blame-the-victim trip, get my point. Meaning that ANYBODY can be a victim, including YOU.
Again the anger and emotion comes through. I present you with facts and you respond with emotion.
While what you say about caution not being a guarantee may be true it does increase your chances substantially.

Are you more likely to get into an accident driving 110mph or 55?
Are you more likely to be mugged if your walking around with no street lights with your headphones on or if your paying attention in a well lit area?
Are you more likely to be thin if you eat less than 5k calories and go to the gym everyday or if you sit on your dumper and pound chimichangas all day?
Realism, hurts apparently. Almost all obese people are that way because of overeating and lack of exersize. Face it. No matter what BS excuse they give you they are fat because it's their fault. Get over it. Many obese people smell because of their weight.
And please spare me with the Karma BS, you don't know me or what I do or anything else about my "karmic" state.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Again the anger and emotion comes through. I present you with facts and you respond with emotion.
While what you say about caution not being a guarantee may be true it does increase your chances substantially.

Are you more likely to get into an accident driving 110mph or 55?
Are you more likely to be mugged if your walking around with no street lights with your headphones on or if your paying attention in a well lit area?
Are you more likely to be thin if you eat less than 5k calories and go to the gym everyday or if you sit on your dumper and pound chimichangas all day?
Realism, hurts apparently. Almost all obese people are that way because of overeating and lack of exersize. Face it. No matter what BS excuse they give you they are fat because it's their fault. Get over it. Many obese people smell because of their weight.
And please spare me with the Karma BS, you don't know me or what I do or anything else about my "karmic" state.
Mmmm chimichangas. Time to pound a few.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:05 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,868 times
Hey sickofnyc99,

It's obvious that there's just no reasoning with you. You're one of these people, who thinks that ALL people, have TOTAL control, over EVERY aspect of their lives. As I've said before, that's an incredibly naive notion. But then, you'd rather try to prove that you have a legit reason, to hate all fat people. The fact is, you're too cowardly, to admit that you hate the obese, because of your own prejudiced mentality.

I don't know you. And because you're so nasty and hateful towards fat people, I'm overjoyed that that I don't you! As for your Karma, hateful people do reap what they sow, whether you believe it or not. And you've shown more irrational, vitriolic hate towards the obese, than just about anyone else on this thread!

I think that Isitmeorarethingsnuts?, is right about the repugnant hate-fest, on this thread. It's incredibly vile, and I think that the moderator, ought to just shut it down. The conversations always come back, to those who try to justify their hatred for a group of people (the obese). As for me, I've had my fill, of trying to reason with many of you viscious, hateful posters on this thread. So I'm bowing out!

Old 10-20-2010, 04:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
It is not always the case that those overweight stuff their faces with all kinds of fattening foods at all. In my daughters case 6 years ago, she is 5"8 for her started putting on weight that she had never done before, but it started coming on, she does not eat a lot, or stuff herself with fattening foods, so i knew and so did she that something was drastically wrong. But unless you get a check up, how would someone know. She did and it came back that in her case, she had a very serious thyroid condition with some other things along with that. She ended up having to have Radiation and Radiation iodine treatments, to shrink her thyroid. They put her on thryoid medication, and Wham she started losing weight so very fast, before we knew it she was back down to her gorgeous slim figure that she always had. Their are reasons sometimes other then the obvious, that people become obese. Wrong food choices, makes me mad, because each of us knows what foods we should be eating, does not take a rocket scientist for that. What i am not for is Obese Parents who stuff their children or babies, with the most fattening foods, i see this happening over and over again, i sometimes want to take the food right out of the kids mouth, but not my call. The worse thing about being obese, is health issues, it is just not good to have all of that extra weight on you.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Some don't fair too well with a thyroid condition. Your daughter is lucky to lose the weight. I have seen thin people stuff their faces with junk food and get diabetes.

I also know some fat people who eat right and don't have high blood pressure or diabetes. They are healthy and have the fat gene. They get alot of miles per gallon from their food.

I believe there is a fat gene and a skinny gene. And thin people aren't necessarily healthier.

It could be that nature has a fat gene in case of famine to keep the survival of mankind on the earth. Who can judge this really? Only our maker can judge.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Hey sickofnyc99,

It's obvious that there's just no reasoning with you. You're one of these people, who thinks that ALL people, have TOTAL control, over EVERY aspect of their lives. As I've said before, that's an incredibly naive notion. But then, you'd rather try to prove that you have a legit reason, to hate all fat people. The fact is, you're too cowardly, to admit that you hate the obese, because of your own prejudiced mentality.

I don't know you. And because you're so nasty and hateful towards fat people, I'm overjoyed that that I don't you! As for your Karma, hateful people do reap what they sow, whether you believe it or not. And you've shown more irrational, vitriolic hate towards the obese, than just about anyone else on this thread!

I think that Isitmeorarethingsnuts?, is right about the repugnant hate-fest, on this thread. It's incredibly vile, and I think that the moderator, ought to just shut it down. The conversations always come back, to those who try to justify their hatred for a group of people (the obese). As for me, I've had my fill, of trying to reason with many of you viscious, hateful posters on this thread. So I'm bowing out!
Hypothyroidism MEDSTUDENTS-ENDOCRINOLOGY (http://www.medstudents.com.br/endoc/endoc3.htm - broken link)

Ok so it seems that hypothyroidism affects 1.5 percent of the population. WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES EXCUSE? Really, that's all I want. And it's the hardest thing for obese people and their advocates to acknowledge. They eat too much and work out too little. And like I said already the negativeness that you witness is the backlash from normal people having to hear these people moan about their problems when they are caused by their own actions. Or are affected by these people in a negative way.

And furthermore I reserve the right to dislike whomever I choose for whatever reason I choose. People seem to forget that, I DO NOT have to accept you or your group. I feel that I have legit reasons to dislike the obese and I have my reasons, they seem to be pretty popular and common judging by the responses on this forum. When I don't have to be put out by the obese, comfort-wise, financially or professionally then I most likely my distaste for the heavy will evaporate, until then they grate on me like sand in my bathingsuit. Oh and I'm so glad I could make your day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies