Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times

Advertisements

Funny, all this time I thought the birth certificate was about WHERE HE WAS BORN.

Silly me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/10059854-post68.html

It might be interesting for folks to take a look at the OP's view on rumours started when the rumours were about Palin. Read and enjoy.
Yes, with all their hyperbole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Who has the most to gain by continuing the birther stories? Certainly not the right. Hell even Ann Coulter, the queen of cranks, has decried the birthers as a bunch of cranks. As soon as Freddie Med started to have problems the left wing bloggers started to increase the noise with the birther posts.

DailyKos found 23% of people polled question Obama's birth and that's supposed to serve to indict the GOP? Well more people (http://tinyurl.com/meayx6 - broken link) questioned Bush's re-election. (Reminder: Gore never led in FL. Ever.) If you want to see crazy just look left.
The right has the most to gain. The RWs want to get him declared ineligible. Some of them think there will be a new election at that point. The left is satisfied that Obama was born in Hawaii, and is a US citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
And McCain was born in Panama. He's still a citizen and qualifed. Sorry, you guys own this whole birther dust up and it's back firing.

I'm off to dinner but I'll be back later to tutor you further.
Oh, spare us! Aren't you a little dizzy from all that spinning?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The level of anti-Obama looniness on this forum is astounding. It's just one conspiracy theory and false accusation after another.
LOL! I agree

And now that even their goofy leaders are saying "enough already, he's legal" , people like the OP are trying to say, ""NeverMIND,
it wasn't REALLY about his birth certificate even if that's what we've been yammering like hyenas about for months it's really something else and ...."

LOL! There'll be more excuses than Bush had reasons for invading Iraq!!!

Ya, the "birthers" look sane now...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:33 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
We were kidding the whole time about the nation of birth thing!!

Now does anybody have some hot water for these tea bags?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:51 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
McCain's citizenship WAS an issue in question, until OBAMA said that it was irrelevant and brushed it aside. You know, the actual mature thing to do... lol what am I saying? of course you don't know what the mature thing to do is.. youre a birther!
I'm a birther? Huh?

Must be all that spinning in this thread is getting people confused.

Last edited by Sagran; 08-01-2009 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 06:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Eliznj
So, wanting the person that holds the highest office in the land to be truthful and respectful of the Constitution is racist and hateful? You that think that are the same people that spew hatred when the other party is in power because you know nothing else. It doesn't seem to matter that the man who ran as the "transparent" candidate is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide his background. If he were conservative I guarantee that you would be the ones screaming - god knows, you've screamed for a lot less.

I find it disgraceful that there is even one American that is ok with the fact that the potus thinks himself above the law, conservative or liberal. The senate had a hearing on McCain's eligibility, why not Obama's? Because they didn't want to appear racist? What BS.

Read the posts from liberals and then tell me that the conservatives are the only ones that hate. Honestly, tell me that if a conservative were in office and pulling the same moves to hide his background it would be fine with you. None of you would be fine with it. I know I wouldn't be fine with it - no-one on either side should be able to do what Obama is doing.

It is most definitely an issue of honesty, but also that arrogance that he is above everyone else and doesn't have to answer to anyone. His lack of respect for the people and laws of the land are abominable. He is the least "transparent" president we've ever had and we cannot let this continue. He simply cannot get away with hiding his past.
It's this kind of talk-radio brainwashed drivel that drove me from the Republican party a year ago and will keep me away until....well...God only knows. I'll vote for my neighbor's pet hamster before I vote for these nutcases.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by ZGACK
Hell even Ann Coulter, the queen of cranks, has decried the birthers as a bunch of cranks
Really? I never ever thought I'd say this, but kudos to Ann Coulter.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Now does anybody have some hot water for these tea bags?
When's the next party, man? Are you goin'? It's a fun crowd. You really don't want to miss it.

(PSST: Hey! SLCPUNK, it's not really a tax protest! It's just a way for us bitter birthers to get in another dig on that undocumented illegal alien who's masquerading as our President - you know - Obango - or whatever the hell his name is.)

Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Really? I never ever thought I'd say this, but kudos to Ann Coulter.
That's how embarrassing it is to the Right -- even Ann thinks they're nuts.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:05 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
The birth-certificate controversy is about Obama’s honesty, not where he was born
u failed to realise how much of ******* ur ideolgy and party as succomb to, and shows that they are in fact liars, manipulaters, now as conservatives say if this had been a such a such then this and that lol.

but these nutcases find it perfectly fine to waste peoples time with this nonsense on radio, tv, internet with a lie and people are fine with it idontgetit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies