Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Absolutely wrong. They can track the source down and then do whatever they want and knowing Chicago politics...I wouldn't put it past thuggish politicians like zero and rahm to try something to damage those people in some way.

And you know people will be copying and pasting and sending links...

The president has no business calling for citizens to be spies. If Bush did this the same people supporting this would be in a panic.

If I send a message through their website, with some quotes of what I heard, how do you suppose they will find the source? Magic? Do they have psychics?

I suppose they are going to send the Men in Black to people's homes and brainwash them with their magic potion or they will simply execute them!

The tinfoil hat looks good on you but you may want to remove it so it doesnt mess up your hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If I send a message through their website, with some quotes of what I heard, how do you suppose they will find the source? Magic? Do they have psychics?

I suppose they are going to send the Men in Black to people's homes and brainwash them with their magic potion or they will simply execute them!

The tinfoil hat looks good on you but you may want to remove it so it doesnt mess up your hair.
Typically just pasting the quotes in an internet search will turn up the material.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
He's operating as if he were still a community organizer and teacher of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. He's simply a thug that is used to strong arming weak minded people and can't
fathom that people would actually oppose or question him.

Fortunately for those of us that love this country and cherish our freedom, the average American is not the weak minded simpleton that falls at the feet of the community organizer. We will email, write, march and protest...then we will vote.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,678,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The Tea Parties are community organizers...
true!

did it bug you guys too, when giuliani and palin mocked you at the republican convention?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Their is a ton if misinformation going around. Lots of ridiculous stuff that isnt true.

All the administration wants to do is make sure people have the FACTS, not false rumors.

Here are just a couple of the rumors going around that I heard:

A government worker will contact everyone over 65 to ask them how they want to die and the government is going to execute all of them.

Everyone that is on their death bed will be left alone to die without care.

We will be establishing leper colonies for people with serious diseases.

By reading those, you can see the kind of information that the administration wants to know about.

They dont care if anyone opposes the plan, they just want to make sure everyone has the facts so that if they choose to oppose it, they are doing so using factual information.
This is outside the realm of what the GOV should be doing. It is thuggery plain n simple Chicago/Hitler style crap. He does not need to know who only the information itself if he must know.
So are people who oppose going to start going missing? Or how about IRS troubles. Or trumped up charges of terrorist charges?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-05-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Absolutely wrong. They can track the source down and then do whatever they want and knowing Chicago politics...I wouldn't put it past thuggish politicians like zero and rahm to try something to damage those people in some way.

And you know people will be copying and pasting and sending links...

The president has no business calling for citizens to be spies. If Bush did this the same people supporting this would be in a panic.
I agree. If Bush did it they would storm the White House.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Must you be so condescending? Just b/c someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean the assertion is totally without merit.

That is what Hitler said, you know. The bigger the lie, the more folks will accept it. Maybe you are so clouded by the stars in your eyes that you wouldn't see the sky if it did fall on you. Ever think of that?
And the tingle up the leg!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
He does not need to know who only the information itself if he must know.

You do realize that is what he is asking for? He only wants to know what misinformation is floating around out there, not who is saying it.

You basically just agreed with everyone you are debating with. Good job.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:01 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is outside the realm of what the GOV should be doing. It is thuggery plain n simple Chicago/Hitler style crap. He does not need to know who only the information itself if he must know.
So are people who oppose going to start going missing? Or how about IRS troubles. Or trumped up charges of terrorist charges?
Holy cow! Are you really that paranoid? Or do you have to work on it? The WH is asking for information, not names!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
You do realize that is what he is asking for? He only wants to know what misinformation is floating around out there, not who is saying it.

You basically just agreed with everyone you are debating with. Good job.
No I did not all he has to do is tune into fox, run one of his little polls or ask the GOP what their people want.

Having Americans spy on other Americans and turn them in for the cause is Hitler all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies