Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,999,039 times

Advertisements

Could it be that I am the only one who is sick of hearing about racism? Sick of hearing about the plight of homosexuals? Of the challenges of short people? Of the issues that fat people face? Of the agenda that is worked against anyone who practices a religion other than christian?

Face it, you are who you are and you aren't me or someone else. And I am who I am and I am sick of hearing about you and the problems you face because of what you think others think. Grow up and get over it.

The whole darned thing is little more than a bunch of control freaks screaming about wanting more. Here's a tip for you, if you think you cannot get ahead because of who you are then forget about getting ahead because it's what's inside you that is holding you back.

Enough said.

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-07-2009 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 03:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
I have found people tend to focus on subjects that aren't important....in order to to avoid the one that is.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
people being sick of people they're the luckiest people in the world
barbara streisand sing it.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,558 times
I believe in freedom of expression. If people want to complain, I say let 'em. Who's to say a complaint is valid or not?

I wouldn't criticize a man until I walk a mile in his shoes.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Lightbulb .

Compassion for those who are less fortunate in whatever way, and recognize the positive attributes that they DO have! I never tire of people and their issues, after all “for the grace of God go Iâ€. I may never know how blessed someone else is, should I dismiss them without thought.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times

YouTube - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder - Ebony And Ivory

Old 08-07-2009, 04:26 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,213 times
The unique and interesting part of our lives is that no two people are exactly the same. If you feel as strongly as you do and I feel a sense of pain and frustration in your post, you perhaps may want to re-think the process. Just an observation, hope you have a great day!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
And I am who I am and I am sick of hearing about you and the problems you face because of what you think others think.
I think this is good advice; you offered it in another post:

You cannot force others to change. The only person you have the ability to change is you.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Cool This Is Why I Don't Post Very Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Could it be that I am the only one who is sick of hearing about racism? Sick of hearing about the plight of homosexuals? Of the challenges of short people? Of the issues that fat people face? Of the agenda that is worked against anyone who practices a religion other than christian?

Face it, you are who you are and you aren't me or someone else. And I am who I am and I am sick of hearing about you and the problems you face because of what you think others think. Grow up and get over it.

The whole darned thing is little more than a bunch of control freaks screaming about wanting more. Here's a tip for you, if you think you cannot get ahead because of who you are then forget about getting ahead because it's what's inside you that is holding you back.

Enough said.
I try to keep an open mind about things, especially when
it comes to being on CD...I realize that everyone's walk isn't the same as mine, and know that it's those very differences that make us, as Americans, different than each other...I thank God for the wisdom of my wife, who is the balance in our marriage, and who has the foresight to check me when I 've said something truly 'out there'...

But my blood started to boil a little bit when I read this post---and I'm going to try and reply objectively...

Sir, as long as I and others have A) functioning brain cells, B) vocal cords, and C) an opinion, rest assured that we don't intend to remain silent about whatever it is that's on our minds---be it obesity, sexuality issues, height challenges, religious issues or (GASP!) that all-time champion RACISM!!

I must have been out of the office when the e-mail was circulated naming you king, and that everybody else is supposed to bow down and smooch your hindquarters and not express themselves because YOU'RE tired of hearing about stuff...I can't tell you the number of times that I myself have expressed my weariness over certain things, or gotten mad about something---if I had a nickel for each of those times, then I'd be rich and retired and living comfortably...

But as I soon found out, the world did not stop turning just because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, nor did the sun stop shining when I realized that it truly WASN'T ALL ABOUT ME!

This is the United States of America...NOT the United States of 'Wahhhh! I'm Tired Of Hearing About You And Your Issues So Shuddup Awready!'...and additionally, this is City-Data---a place where folks with opinions on issues such as those you claim to be weary of hearing about, come to express said opinions, be they right or be they wrong...

This being America, you truly do possess the right to say your piece, whether folk support you or not...but when you DO say said piece, then be prepared to deal with the opinions of those who don't share your views or mindset---that's the way the system works, and yes, last time I looked, I was grown, and didn't feel any need to 'get over it'...end of narrative

Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM

252 posts, read 660,900 times
I've learned what works better than almost anything else isn't to scream and demand for your way, but to simply act like its the social norm. Trying to make it into a big deal gets a lot of people to jump on the controversy train and that leads to side-taking and problems. If you act like you're just another human being and are all "yeah, I'm ......., what's it to you?" a lot of people don't know how to respond because they secretly are hoping for a reaction. Stop acting like you're abnormal and people will stop gawking after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies