Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,976,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
A John Wayne re-run is calling you on TNT...
John Wayne couldn't fight off the government.
Rambo couldn't fight off the government.

Escalating numbers of militia members can (easily).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I saw this and then I saw the group behind it. Into the trash heap. You can tell the left is getting beyond desprate when they start getting this frantic and low.
You union thugs better frisk Granny at that town hall meeting. She might have an AK 47 concealed in her walker.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
John Wayne couldn't fight off the government.
Rambo couldn't fight off the government.

Escalating numbers of militia members can (easily).
There are not enough white male right wing kooks in thos country to join such non sense. Maybe they could get 1/2 million at the MOST- out of 350 million people in the country. Hell, the kooks cannot even win elections anymore, much less form an Army.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:47 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Suuuuuure the government is not powerless.

You're forgetting about China going cold turkey on funding a counter-revolution as well as the hundreds of thousands of patriots who'd frag their commanding officers and join the civilians along with their stolen equipment. Oh, and the numbers of revolutionaries that would explode exponentially should the government decide to do such a foolish act. We outnumber them.
Only the wildest dreams of David Koresh, Randy Weaver, Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph. All but one of them now DEAD and the 1 left breathing probably wishes he was dead being locked in a cell 23 hours a day unable to see sunlight!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There are not enough white male right wing kooks in thos country to join such non sense. Maybe they could get 1/2 million at the MOST- out of 350 million people in the country. Hell, the kooks cannot even win elections anymore, much less form an Army.
It's not the right wing kooks the government should be worried about. It's the hoardes of people who'd enlist hearing about their cousin, sister/bother, parents, or kids die at the hands of the government.

Just like how Bush helped to radicalize moderate muslims by bombing civilians, Obama can do the same to moderate Americans by doing as you suggest. Just wayyyyyyy too many of us to stop.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Only the wildest dreams of David Koresh, Randy Weaver, Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph. All but one of them now DEAD and the 1 left breathing probably wishes he was dead being locked in a cell 23 hours a day unable to see sunlight!
We had a fairly integrated republic at that time. No one was going to miss these guys. Do it now, and I can guarantee the results would be very different.

I don't buy the invincible government argument. No sir.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,292,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
"White supremacists and militias are more violent and thus more likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks on the scale of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing," the threat projection said.

I believe there may be some right here on CD.

Hey read what I've been writing, I'm almost certain something like this will happen. The question is really what sort of force the government takes to combat such individuals. Sort of reminds me of this HBO Show called True Blood. All these crazy hicks went after these Vampires and they found out they were outnumbered and could have easily been killed, but the Vampires took the higher road, and let them live.

If they start killing innocent American citizens this will create a huge back lash and may actually subsequently end this sort of activity. I think they'll quickly find out they are seriously outnumbered. These people make up a relatively small percentage of the American populist. They certainly do not make up the majority of able bodied and willing American citizens that will fight to maintain the sovereignty of this country. They're going to find internal decent may very well lead to not only their destruction, but the destruction of the US.

They may find that their actions energize Russia and other countries to attack, because they'll view the US as weak. You may not like the current leadership, but should this worst case scenario ever play out, the new leaders we get will certainly be the worst we've ever had!

These people don't think they're stupid. They think they're fighting for freedom, but they'll soon find, resorting to violence quickly ends all the great freedoms they have come to enjoy!

In reality i do not think it will go that far, but should they turn this into an us vs them sort of thing, they will end up on the short end. Hickory Bill America is going to find themselves extremely outnumbered and with a lot of falling support. I'll be damned if a bunch of people that cannot even graduate from high school decide to destroy this country and hurt innocent children and families. I'd suit up for the national guard and I'd be more than happy to take a few of them out.

If they really wanted to revolt they'd have much more success aligning themselves with other poor people from all different backgrounds as opposed to alienating themselves, but that would require the ability to think and reason.

Last edited by dorock99; 08-12-2009 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Sigh... you miss the point entirely in your knee jerk response.

Hitler was elected,he was a rather bad person all round,however using your position as he was elected he was the leader of the German people,even those who did not support him.
Hitler was not elected by popular election, he was constitutionally chosen to be the Chancellor of Germany, an office which was not filled by popular election.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with Bush. I never thought I would say anything nice about Bush and his terrorism policies but he has put forth the legal framework for us to deal with the right wing kooks and militia types as well as the mouthpieces who use the public airwaves to egg them on. The legal framework is already in place and all the government has to do is use it to shut the right wing kooks, mouthpieces and militias down cold! So while we protested things such as warrantless searches and wiretaps and black list, perhaps we were wrong. Perhaps President Bush and now President Obama were right in that these can be useful tools to rid ourselves of terrorist- both foreign and domestic.
And it will be used for people like you who egg on the other side as well. I don't know where you think you're going with any of this, but if you think this is some kind of joke, you're going to end up finding out it's not the hard way if something ever does go down. This is very, very serious stuff here, the liberals need to understand that and not under estimate it. By fanning the flames, liberals will be responsible for whatever happens. We are approaching very dangerous times in our country.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:
This country is a democracy. You lost the last election. We won. If you wish to deal with it, you can try to win elections in 2010 and 2012. But for now winners=keepers and losers=weepers. You can try to convince the American voters to put you back in power again. Good luck with that. But for now we are running the show and we are going to do what we want to do just like Bush did when you ran the show.
You bawl and cry at being "demonized" not recalling how YOU people treated US over the WAR? I guess you forgot the assualts and threats to the lives of people who dared oppose you stupid war in Iraq? So do us a favour and go run over some Dixie Chicks records or something!
Does anyone else see the childishness in this response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies