Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 AM

558 posts, read 818,894 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of loud mouths in the world, but I sincerely hope noone follows through with any of these threats. What do you suppose are the real reasons people are so full of hate against him? I just can't believe it's nothing more than the color of his skin.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:14 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
What do you suppose are the real reasons people are so full of hate against him?
The fact that it wasn't McCain/Palin who got elected. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:29 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
There are a lot of loud mouths in the world, but I sincerely hope noone follows through with any of these threats. What do you suppose are the real reasons people are so full of hate against him? I just can't believe it's nothing more than the color of his skin.
I suspect only a small percentage of people hate him because of his skin color. Most people are beyond that craziness. The issue with Obama is what the man stands for, and what he does. That said, there is an ever-growing number of people that think the scumbag is inexperienced, and probably a fraud usurper, that is intent and duty-bound on destroying America. He's well on his way! It won't surprise me if some crazy person takes it upon himself to try to stop him sooner or later. He does need to be stopped [somehow] before it's too late, but that's definitely not the way to do it.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
I suspect only a small percentage of people hate him because of his skin color.
Agreed, but the people that do have a race problem with him are always played up as being typical of whites, when without an overwhelming percent of the white vote Obama would not be president.

What is disturbing to most whites is being labeled a racist just for disagreeing with his policies...this is ugly and divisive stuff.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Agreed, but the people that do have a race problem with him are always played up as being typical of whites, when without an overwhelming percent of the white vote Obama would not be president.

What is disturbing to most whites is being labeled a racist just for disagreeing with his policies...this is ugly and divisive stuff.
Another interesting observation of mine lately;

There are a lot of blacks in my area that can't stand the guy.

I just somehow thought that since Obama was himself, a black man, that blacks would be totally delighted over the fact that he is the President .. I couldn't have been more mistaken in my assumption, as over the past few months, I've run into black folks that aren't quite as "delighted" as I might have thought in the beginning.

As a white guy, I think that having a black man for a President, is a very good thing .. it sends a very pronounced and positive message to the world about just how far we've come over the years.

I think that Obama's race is really the only thing going for him though .. because his proposed policies sort-a suck .. And that's putting it mildly .. I'd be censored if I were to write what blacks around here have been saying about him.

A question;

If a black man disagrees with Obama, and rails constantly against his policies ... Does this make the black man prejudice too?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Another interesting observation of mine lately;

There are a lot of blacks in my area that can't stand the guy.

I just somehow thought that since Obama was himself, a black man, that blacks would be totally delighted over the fact that he is the President .. I couldn't have been more mistaken in my assumption, as over the past few months, I've run into black folks that aren't quite as "delighted" as I might have thought in the beginning.
You may have run into a handful of blacks that don't like what Obama is doing, but I believe 99% of blacks support him simply because he's a black man...which shows how stupid the majority of them are. On the other hand - if someone could show me that blacks follow the same approve/disapprove percentages as whites have for Obama I would have a different view.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:

Nothing to do with skin color...people feel this is a fight for their liberty and the survival of the US of America..Obama is threatening our very existance..that is what is driving people..and perhaps will drive one person to do something really stupid...

Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Nothing to do with skin color...people feel this is a fight for their liberty and the survival of the US of America..Obama is threatening our very existance..that is what is driving people..and perhaps will drive one person to do something really stupid...
LOL, you really should be in the theater. Such a drama queen!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:36 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
You may have run into a handful of blacks that don't like what Obama is doing, but I believe 99% of blacks support him simply because he's a black man...which shows how stupid the majority of them are. On the other hand - if someone could show me that blacks follow the same approve/disapprove percentages as whites have for Obama I would have a different view.
I travel extensively .. From Washington state thru to Montana, to Kansas and into Texas ...

Where should I start?

The two states that rail the most against Obama in the black community, are Texas and Washington state ... both states are opposite in their political views ..

Between Texas and Washington state ... I find the extreme liberal left to be about the only group that fully supports Obama. The rest either didn't vote for Obama, or are now sorry that they did.

The only blacks that I've found (not that I'm looking) that might be in full support of Obama, are the single gangsta type males.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:36 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
You may have run into a handful of blacks that don't like what Obama is doing, but I believe 99% of blacks support him simply because he's a black man...which shows how stupid the majority of them are.
That says more about you than them....

Quote:
On the other hand - if someone could show me that blacks follow the same approve/disapprove percentages as whites have for Obama I would have a different view.
I doubt that, your post clearly demonstrates your hatred of blacks. It is because of people like you that the threats against Obama are up by 400%, people like you place blacks in a category equal to morons.....you couldn't be more wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies