Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You said the gov wont take anything away and it appears you are wrong.

Name the gov program that is not short on cash? That is running with a surplus.
Government run programs are "not for profit"..A surplus isn't required unlike the private industry where "surplus" is the purpose not service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Nah..Don't want to ruin my Friday.
Always much easier just to stick with one side of something.
Not more enlightening but easier.
God forbid you might learn something or overtax your brain having to examine both sides of an issue.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:27 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Are you on medicare, do you use the VA? If not I suggest that you do before you speak again.... I use both and they both suck...
My suggestion is that you drop BOTH and see if sucks any less to have neither. After you do that, at least you can come back and post as you'll actually have a comparison of (1) what it's like to have both and (2) what it's like to have neither. Maybe we'll be surprised, maybe not. Otherwise, it sounds more like "I have both and it sucks, but at least I have it if I want it."

Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Think of all the people who will not have major health problems because the screenings caught things early. It's amazing how we can shoot rockets and people into space, but can't even set up free clinics or mobile health vans free. We don't need to be in outer space. Space comes to us.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
I'd rather have the private insurance I had before, I know that... No it was not perfect but still better than medicare or the VA.

The VA is NOT "socialized medicine", it's something a Veteran earns...

Try getting an appointment at the VA because you are feeling bad one morning when you wake up...It's NOT going to happen.. You have to go in and be on sort of a stand by to see a doctor if you do get to see one at all. and If you don't see one that day you can come back in tomorrow and start the wait all over.
Been there done that.....
From what I understand, it might be something a veteran earns (and I have nothing against that), still we are all paying taxes for it (and I don't mind - to make that clear). You're saying htat you wake up one bad and don't feel good so you have to go on stand-by to see a doctor. Well, what is he/she supposed to do? What do you think happens in private industry? The doctor comes to your house or something or cancels all of their appointments to fit you in? If it's something bad, go to the ER. And what do you think happens for people who have NO insurance? They're not on stand-by at all. They can wait until the cows come home and still there will be no doctor to see them. It makes me really upset reading how you have to wait to see a doctor while there are people who will NEVER see a doctor because they have nothing at all. Why can't you see the difference? And why would you want them to live like that???? I don't understand that. I'm not saying that your situation is easy, but geez, have a little heart, please.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 AM

674 posts, read 1,620,579 times
Quote:
I'd rather have the private insurance I had before, I know that... No it was not perfect but still better than medicare or the VA.
The VA is NOT "socialized medicine", it's something a Veteran earns...
Try getting an appointment at the VA because you are feeling bad one morning when you wake up...It's NOT going to happen..

VA is basically almost like medical care in communist nations; the very basic. The government has to improve this service. Its amazing that people pelt on the UK, when they have worse options for the vets in this very country!

Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
My suggestion is that you drop BOTH and see if sucks any less to have neither. After you do that, at least you can come back and post as you'll actually have a comparison of (1) what it's like to have both and (2) what it's like to have neither. Maybe we'll be surprised, maybe not. Otherwise, it sounds more like "I have both and it sucks, but at least I have it if I want it."
I earned one, I paid for the other. so it's none of your business. But if I had a choice I'd like to have my private insurance back it was much better...

And I've been without before, but I didn't ask you to buy it for me, now did I?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
VA is basically almost like medical care in communist nations; the very basic. The government has to improve this service. Its amazing that people pelt on the UK, when they have worse options for the vets in this very country!
Most of these people on here seem to think a plan like the VA is a good answer, but yet they have never had to use it them self. True it's better than nothing but far from being what one would choose if they had a different choice.

Added:
"communist nations" No, I even think the VA is better than that..

Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Will obamycare lower a doctors bill......NO
will obamycare make waits shorter.....NO just the oposite
will obamycare make for better QUALITY care.....nope
will obamycare give everyone access to health care.....nope, you already have it, open the phonebook
will obamycare cut malpractice insurance.......nope obamy and 2/3 of congress ARE LAWYERS
will obamycare prevent people from aging (older people are more costly)......nope, unless the death counseling is real
will obamycare prevent obesity......nope
will obamycare cut the cost of RUNNING a hospital (ie they USE about 350,000 dollars worth of ELECTRICITY a MONTH..........nope, in fact with cap and trade there costs will GO UP

and for the people who use the WHO's biased ratings:
will obamycare prevent the high percent of vehicular deaths in america
will obamycare prevent the high crime deaths in america

these EFFECT our mortality rate, and if the WHO figured THESE (and otherthings such as EATING and exersise habits of americans) into their BIASED rating, we would have been much higher

this health bill, is nothing but a FUTILE attempt to continue going after coporate america, and will do NOTHING for the general population except give them ADDED TAXES

Old 08-28-2009, 11:54 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,868 times
American idiots hired Obama.....you can bet they'll be stupid enough to let the government shove this $hit sandwich down their throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies