Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times

Advertisements

I think they will find that not having a employment record hurts them degree or not. The middle class has just not keep ahead of the curve and the world has in many instances just caught and surpassed american younger poeple. This has gone on in europe for deacdes where the unemployemnt for people under 30 averages abut 25% with some better and some worse depending on the country. Home ownership is a impossiblity for many since taxes and other fees are so high.Basically when the cost rises on entitlements they have tpo turn to lower classes to tax once they taxout teh rich;who often move out of country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Manual labor is dissappearing and the jobs have been replaced by higher tech work. I don't know a lot of people in the 50s that were sitting in front of a computer for 40 hours a week writing code. At a very basic level the younger workforce needs to be smarter than the workforce from 50 years ago in order to survive."
Prove me wrong and find a study.

"Houston3" would be at the micro level (which is pretty much worthless information in a discussion like this), a study reflecting what jobs were in the economy in the 50s would be at a macro level (which would be useful information). I'm not clear on what's so hard to understand about this. Not everything is about you.

Quote:
And I don't think you were talking about the working force of 50 years ago...You were talking about people my age.
If this entire discussion is based on what you think I'm talking about instead of what I'm talking about, there isn't really any point in continuing with you.

Last edited by FinkieMcGee; 09-04-2009 at 05:45 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
All you have to do is look at what jobs are disapearing.don't need a study.Lok at the icoe differnce between those in demand and labor.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Quote:
I'd like a little of the credit of how my kids turned out...LOL..But their mother gets more credit...
Rightfully so lol

Old 09-04-2009, 05:49 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
The old people are the ones that have crafted the system that us young people have to work in.

If you have problems with the system and the high cost of living that is making things difficult for the rest of us you only have yourself to blame.
Well you just keep blaming the older generation for your troubles, I'm sure that will fix everything.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Rightfully so lol
Thank You...LOL

Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
Quote:
Well you just keep blaming the older generation for your troubles, I'm sure that will fix everything.
First step in dealing with a problem is admitting one exists.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
RUn the numbers. It is completely doable to "make it" and live on your own even on minimum wage. The problem is the parents are letting them move back in. My parents kicked me out right after college and I'm so glad they did. I'd probably still be there because the rent was cheap!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think they will find that not having a employment record hurts them degree or not. The middle class has just not keep ahead of the curve and the world has in many instances just caught and surpassed american younger poeple. This has gone on in europe for deacdes where the unemployemnt for people under 30 averages abut 25% with some better and some worse depending on the country. Home ownership is a impossiblity for many since taxes and other fees are so high.Basically when the cost rises on entitlements they have tpo turn to lower classes to tax once they taxout teh rich;who often move out of country.
texdav, My son and daughter in law are looking at a new 4 bedroom home now..They own 4 year old town home in downtown Houston...My daughter bought a 4 bed room home with a pool a ago year and they both seem to be doing fine. Their taxes aren't any higher than mine.

Last edited by Houston3; 09-04-2009 at 06:11 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
First step in dealing with a problem is admitting one exists.
So your generation is the first one with problems...I have no idea how old you are but you may want to go home and talk to mom and dad about some of the problems they went thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies