Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 07:33 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
1) He already has provided the information that requires him to be President by per our COTUS. The rest is not his problem, nor should it be.

2) Creating conspiracy theories or attacking silence is dishonest and should also be ignored. You only validate non sense when you answer it.
#1- Yes, he obviously has satisfied the COTUS requirements. And yes, he doesn't have to release any more information. But as far as it not being his problem, I believe it is. Because you never know, there may actually be people out there who simply have a problem with him because they truly think he really isn't eligible to be the president. I know that sounds crazy, but it is possible. And those are potential voters in the next election. So I'm just saying, it is a possibility and releasing this info. could possibly help him in the long run.

#2-While this statement is true, there are some "conspiracy theories" that prove to be correct. And thus, attacking the silence of the perpetrator of said crime or conspiracy is not dishonest. In some cases, it proves to be admirable when it yields results. However, I also agree with the last part of your statement. It's sort of like when you are accused of a crime you didn't commit. You will feel like you shouldn't have to say or do anything, since you didn't do anything. But then again, if you don't provide proof of your innocence, odds are you are going to get railroaded. So it's sort of a tricky situation you know. Either way, I do agree with your statements. I just think the road gets a bit more slippery when you are dealing with issues like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
If I were you, I'd keep dropping fake documents in people's hands all the way to the next election. Then, pull out your real BC to seal the deal for a second term. Play those politics my man, no one ever claimed you were stupid.
But he is most certifiably stupid or crazy. No doubts there.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Here we go folks, a new conspiracy theory spawned....OBAMA ACCUSED OF PUTTING OUT THE FAKE DOCUMENTS HIMSELF......
Just in case you guys are really serious, you do realize that was meant as a joke. If not, I think maybe we all need a nap.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
>snip<Just in case you guys are really serious, you do realize that was meant as a joke.
So was my post....I think you're right about the nap.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
#1- Yes, he obviously has satisfied the COTUS requirements. And yes, he doesn't have to release any more information. But as far as it not being his problem, I believe it is. Because you never know, there may actually be people out there who simply have a problem with him because they truly think he really isn't eligible to be the president. I know that sounds crazy, but it is possible. And those are potential voters in the next election. So I'm just saying, it is a possibility and releasing this info. could possibly help him in the long run.

#2-While this statement is true, there are some "conspiracy theories" that prove to be correct. And thus, attacking the silence of the perpetrator of said crime or conspiracy is not dishonest. In some cases, it proves to be admirable when it yields results. However, I also agree with the last part of your statement. It's sort of like when you are accused of a crime you didn't commit. You will feel like you shouldn't have to say or do anything, since you didn't do anything. But then again, if you don't provide proof of your innocence, odds are you are going to get railroaded. So it's sort of a tricky situation you know. Either way, I do agree with your statements. I just think the road gets a bit more slippery when you are dealing with issues like this.
1. It's not his problem because the people who believe this wouldn't vote for him in a million years anyway. Are there any Dems or potential voters here that are really being swayed by this?

2. There is nothing admirable about attacking silence. It would mean your claims are based upon ....nothing.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
1. It's not his problem because the people who believe this wouldn't vote for him in a million years anyway. Are there any Dems or potential voters here that are really being swayed by this?

2. There is nothing admirable about attacking silence. It would mean your claims are based upon ....nothing.
#1-You don't know that for sure. There is that chance. Stranger things have happened in this world of ours.

#2-There is if your attack yields results which incriminate your target or their accomplices. I am not just talking about the president here. Look through the history books, and you can find plenty of so called conspiracies that were eventually blown open by "conspiracy theorists" who just wouldn't quit searching for the truth. And the silence isn't the basis of the claim, it is the way Obama has chosen to handle the matter. The claim is he isn't eligible to be POTUS. And if the attack actually yielded incriminating results, that attack would indeed be admirable. I doubt that will be the case here, but it has certainly happened before.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:43 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Why has Obama retained three (3) law firms and spent $800,000+ to keep his past a secret? All he has to do is release his records, including [just] a COPY of his original long-form birth certificate to each state's Secretary of State for review and confirmation that Obama is eligible to serve as POTUS.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
Quote:
It would validate insanity. Obama has given the country all he is required by the Constitution to do. That's it.

The rest is for morons to fantasize about.
including those nasty middle of the night fantasies some can't share on this board, right?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
>snip<Why has Obama retained three (3) law firms and spent $800,000+ to keep his past a secret?
That's a lie, where's your proof?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,678,460 times
that $800,000 is the money that wnd claims obama has spent on lawyers, period. and i'm not even sure since when. there is no proof of how much of that was spent refuting birthers' lawsuits - the article just jumps to that conclusion. i'm not sure how much lawyers are even involved in lawsuits that are thrown out so quickly.

i'd be interested to see how that compares to other presidents' legal fees over comparable periods of time. that's information that wasn't mentioned in the wnd story that that number came from. wnd's not exactly big on journalistic rigor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies