Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
One, for the driver to continue to let this happen without doing anything is wrong and he needs to be punished.
The bus drivers job is to drive the bus foremost, maybe he's on the highway? Maybe he's on back country road with no where to pull over? Lots of possible reasons there is nothing he could. this incident only took place over a very short time. Then to top it all off if does do something the headline is bus driver beats up black student... He also has to conside his own safety, certainly most grown man could handle themselves against two three teenagers but with such a large group you have no chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 AM

145 posts, read 301,772 times
No way .That driver had a choice and I would not care if I going down a street or a highway the more people see me make a stand the more adult back up i would have but formost if i was that scared to do my job I would find a diffrent one. No way would i want that kind of driver for any one i cared about.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarris View Post
No way .That driver had a choice and I would not care if I going down a street or a highway the more people see me make a stand..
So you'd pull a bus full of kids over on a highway endangering everyone's lives? Last thing you'd want is someone driving a bus to make such a stupid decision to put it bluntly.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
IMO this looks racially provoked.
Can't say about the video itself, but this thread is for sure. The incident is disgusting, but to label it racially motivated without proof would either naive or self-justification.

Regardless, the attackers deserve to be handled appropriately.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:13 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Sorry to disappoint you:

"A student on a Belleville West High School bus was beaten for his choice of seat, not because he was white, according to a witness and police.

'The incident appears now to be more about a couple of bullies on a bus dictating where people sit,' said Belleville Police Capt. Don Sax, who originally said Monday's attack may have been racially motivated."
Dispute over seat sparked attack on school bus, student says - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/60D37B6EC5FF4711862576320011605B?OpenDocument - broken link)
A witness? haha if by witness you mean one of those thugs on the bus or a scared bystander I think you can hardly consider him credible.

I understand beat-downs happen all the time, I was in more than a few fights growing up. What is worthy of attention is the lack of an uproar when a whites are attacked by a group of blacks while people like Jackson and Sharpton would be outraged if the opposite had happened.

I don't want to bring up the Jena6 or make a claim about the "black community" but I have no way else to phrase it. After the Jena6 incident many black people at my university wore t-shirts that demanded justice for the "victims" that attacked that kid. They didn't know the kid or all the details, all they knew was that Sharpton and Jackson had found another civil rights cause., even though they hadn't. Thankfully the black community as a whole isn't gullible enough to go along with those two knuckleheads, my point is those men are still relevant unfortunately.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
The amount of racism on that bus is more disgusting.

It's not shocking to anyone, most of us are just tired of having black-on-white crimes downplayed.

So you're saying those poor kids couldn't help themselves because mom and dad back home (both City data posters of course) tell them white people are evil?

Have you calculated the amount of racism on the bus?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Blacks have been getting a pass in the media when they commit crimes. The media will only mention race if it is a white that commits a crime.

What media have you been watching? I'm assuming you don't read all that much.........

Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
And latest word is that review by the law enforcement officials says the beating of a white kid on an all black bus with all the kids cheering it on was NOT racially motivated. So there you go.
Because it is politically correct these days to give Blacks a pass.....

Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Because it is politically correct these days to give Blacks a pass.....

Will you, or someone, please define "politically correct" for me?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Will you, or someone, please define "politically correct" for me?
In vogue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies