Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 PM

184 posts, read 511,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Of course he is a conservative. Liberals don't beat on women and call people "ni**ers".
We have no information on what his political views are. I think he is a piece of trash that no party will accept as a member except maybe the KKK.

Quote:
It is ALL a CRIME
Just because you think it should be a crime does not make it a crime.

Use of `N' word isn't against the law - DailyBulletin.com

Quote:
The person who did the beating was NOT a union guy. We were discussing this case which is totally different:
UPS Driver Delivers, Stopping Attacker - WSB News on wsbradio.com

The UPS driver SAVED a woman who was being attacked. But because he is union the conservatives don't want to give him much ados for it.
You are ridiculously prejudiced against conservatives. The conservative party is mainly made up of religious people who support helping their fellow man, regardless of race or political affiliation. There are millions of black conservatives, or are they all just puppets used by the real conservatives to hide their true agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
But my question is, if an area is unsafe for members of the US Military, shouldn't the BRAC consider that when deciding which bases to close

Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,874,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightfromatown View Post

So many people have been raised through media and at home to believe that offending someone should be against the law. There sure is a shortage of testicles in our society.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM

103 posts, read 148,062 times
[quote=straightfromatown;10792398]We have no information on what his political views are. I think he is a piece of trash that no party will accept as a member except maybe the KKK.
quote] the traditional ones don't take criminals

Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
nothing wrong with that but lets remember that every time a white K12 child is gooned ok?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;10791791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No, it's a sick, sexist, 19th century concept.

People shouldn't hit PEOPLE!

Doors should be held open for those who NEED the door held open for them.

Women don't need your seat....but if you were a 90 year old guy on a bus I would give YOU my seat.

Women curse and use foul language...there is a time and place for everything....NO one should use bad language as a matter of course or make it a habit.

When you say women are special that's very sexist...all women are not alike ...they're NOT cattle.

Everyone has their own definition of "lady"....men do NOT get to decide the "correct" definition anymore.

Not all women(actually not many at all) live to be judged a "lady" by men...it's really NOT their life goal

Real women don't give a damn what you think of them.
I agree with you on this, albeit on slightly different grounds. With rights come responsibilites. Women are equal to men and I treat them as such. Since they are entitled to the same rights that I am, I also expect them to live up to the same responsibilites. I hold the door open behind me as I go in for anyone as a matter of courtesy, but I will not step aside for a woman to go in front of me. I also expect my female coworkers to live up to the same standards as my male coworkers. No "sheltering" for women where I work, as that is unfair to both the men and women employees.

As for the beating, I see this as a worthless punk who beat a military officer. Race and gender matter little to me. Her status in the military matters a whole lot more in terms of my outrage at this crime.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistLibertarian View Post
Black kid? Ha he was 18 and it was statoury rape. Got what he deserved. Yeah here in Ga we know who is in charge aint that right. I love this state.

I am so tired of this biased Nazi bs.........They had no business charging him with anything.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightfromatown View Post
We have no information on what his political views are. I think he is a piece of trash that no party will accept as a member except maybe the KKK.

You are ridiculously prejudiced against conservatives. The conservative party is mainly made up of religious people who support helping their fellow man, regardless of race or political affiliation. There are millions of black conservatives, or are they all just puppets used by the real conservatives to hide their true agenda?

Where?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:12 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,372,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Wait a minute, if I want to commit a hate crime and not be charged with one all I have to do is not say any "racist slurs"? So I can beat the crap out of any minority I wish and not be cahrged with a hate crime as long as I keep my mouth shut? That's exactly whats wrong with the law.
It doesn't mean it isn't a hate crime, it just means there is no evidence it is a hate crime. Just like any other crime, if there is no evidence, then legally it isn't a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Now if a minority robs and beats me because whites present a potentially more lucrative target isn't that a race crime?
Why would it be, if the motive is to steal from anyone with money.

Basically a hate crime is one where the only required motive is hate of people that are different (skin color, sexual orientation, etc...). That makes them unpredictable and random, since no provocation is necessary (as opposed to say someone flashing lots of money, which would make them a target of thieves wanting money).

Old 09-17-2009, 12:12 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I saw this yesterday, sometime in the AJC. Wondered what on earth.

The accused alleges the woman spat upon him and the officials haven't completed a review of the security tapes. Onlookers didn't see the spit.

A stupid person with personal problems. That is what I think.

The man arrested for slapping a child in a Stone Mt Walmart was said to have interacted well with others--including children --had lost his job and I assume just snapped in the Walmart. Much can be made of such incidents but I would think economic factors play as much of a role as anything.

I can tell you if someone, anyone spit on me I would lose it! Far too many people have aids so I have no sympathy for someone that spits on someone. If this is true, both the spitter and the man that hit her should be charged.

The man that slapped the child has NO defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies