Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,002,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'd guess it's another pack of LIES, just like the hogwash about the "MSM" not covering the 912 morons.
MSNBC has been aiding the smear since at least last Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you saying that all 14 of those states have backed down? It sure sounds like that. Where did you hear that? Kos or ACORN Facts or something like that?
No, I'm saying you have not a clue of what you speak.

What we are seeing are potential investigations that have ZERO to do with voter fraud, which is what the fascist fringe wants everyone to believe that- somehow- this is related to.

The schemtic (Note pun) is so simple in such affairs:

The media, freed from the "burden" of telling the truth by a Fla court ruling in 2003, starts a smear for financial reasons.

See, if the voters are allowed to vote, the GOP will lose- that is the paradigm at this point in our history. The corporate media (if you are watching/listening/reading it in the US, then it's corporate- 95% chance) wants the GOP to win- for financial reasons.

Just like the Viacom's CEO (CBS's former owner said) just before they fired Rather for telling the truth.

Hence, the original story/smear.

Then the smear/story goes out and the fascists and related fringe dutifully pass it along to the "Low Information" population- the Birthers, Townhallers, etc.

And a big hype happens because Akre V Fox News removed ALL sanctions against the media for outright lies.

So, it's necessary to point out the truth. Because people will believe what is true, as long as truth is on the menu. That has also been proven.

Now, the second point:

Tradition said that DA's did not get into "political qiuestions". But that was before the fascists (Dixiecrats) took over the GOP in the late 60's.

Before Karl Rove.

Today, they not only inject themselves into politics, they bring bogus cases (at specific times in the electoral cycle- like now) to sway said elections.

Case in point:
Steven M. Biskupic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In a stunning reversal, a federal court of appeals struck down a state worker's fraud conviction that Wisconsin Republicans used in efforts to paint Gov. Jim Doyle's administration as corrupt."

Investigations do not mean what they once did; neither do some convictions.

Yes, DA's have THAT much power.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
No, I'm saying you have not a clue of what you speak.

What we are seeing are potential investigations that have ZERO to do with voter fraud, which is what the fascist fringe wants everyone to believe that- somehow- this is related to.

The schemtic (Note pun) is so simple in such affairs:

The media, freed from the "burden" of telling the truth by a Fla court ruling in 2003, starts a smear for financial reasons.

See, if the voters are allowed to vote, the GOP will lose- that is the paradigm at this point in our history. The corporate media (if you are watching/listening/reading it in the US, then it's corporate- 95% chance) wants the GOP to win- for financial reasons.

Just like the Viacom's CEO (CBS's former owner said) just before they fired Rather for telling the truth.

Hence, the original story/smear.

Then the smear/story goes out and the fascists and related fringe dutifully pass it along to the "Low Information" population- the Birthers, Townhallers, etc.

And a big hype happens because Akre V Fox News removed ALL sanctions against the media for outright lies.

So, it's necessary to point out the truth. Because people will believe what is true, as long as truth is on the menu. That has also been proven.

Now, the second point:

Tradition said that DA's did not get into "political qiuestions". But that was before the fascists (Dixiecrats) took over the GOP in the late 60's.

Before Karl Rove.

Today, they not only inject themselves into politics, they bring bogus cases (at specific times in the electoral cycle- like now) to sway said elections.

Case in point:
Steven M. Biskupic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In a stunning reversal, a federal court of appeals struck down a state worker's fraud conviction that Wisconsin Republicans used in efforts to paint Gov. Jim Doyle's administration as corrupt."

Investigations do not mean what they once did; neither do some convictions.

Yes, DA's have THAT much power.
So you think Dan Rather told the truth? I don't think we can agree about that but too much of what you said is what I can agree with.

Is there a chance that the AG of the US who was appointed by Obama and the Senate can pull off anything he wants to with Obama having no power to slow him or stop him? I would say that you aren't able to support Obama about that part. Huh?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
So you think Dan Rather told the truth? I don't think we can agree about that but too much of what you said is what I can agree with.

Is there a chance that the AG of the US who was appointed by Obama and the Senate can pull off anything he wants to with Obama having no power to slow him or stop him? I would say that you aren't able to support Obama about that part. Huh?
WE can digress about Rather, but the person still alive who was closest to the original story (e.g., Bush's derelction of duty in TANG) said the Rather/Mapes version was the correct one.

From the past actions of AG's, one would say that since (A) of all those who held the offcie ONLY Alberto Gonzalez had been both on the Prez campaign and in the legal machinery of the USA, and (B) Gonzalez had the full support of Dubya (Via Rove) to run his phony "investigations", then no, it has to be a team effort within the Executive Branch.

But that is a hypothetical non-related situation to what we see with the current ACORN smear, for as evidenced from the Biskupic caper, the actions are comenced at the state/local level.

Last edited by Geechie North; 09-20-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
I wonder how many people here know that they get their government money from Americorps. I think that not many know that but all that money that goes to all the groups like ACORN comes through Americorps. Now that shows me that at least one Bush and Clinton were in cahoots about all that.
It's a single government. The two party system is in name only.
They both have the same powers behind them pulling the strings.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
WE can digress about Rather, but the person still alive who was closest to the original story (e.g., Bush's derelction of duty in TANG) said the Rather/Mapes version was the correct one.

From the past actions of AG's, one would say that since (A) of all those who held the offcie ONLY Alberto Gonzalez had been both on the Prez campaign and in the legal machinery of the USA, and (B) Gonzalez had the full support of Dubya (Via Rove) to run his phony "investigations", then no, it has to be a team effort within the Executive Branch.

But that is a hypothetical non-related situation to what we see with the current ACORN smear, for as evidenced from the Biskupic caper, the actions are comenced at the state/local level.
I don't know what you mean by the ACORN smear since no part of what is being said now is untrue. I suppose you think that a couple of kids doing the job of the media for them since they won't do it is a smear. Sorry but even Ms. Lewis knows better than this although in the early days of last week she used the word.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying there. The two party system is in name only right now in that the Dems have control of two of the elements of that government and will soon have the third part.

Now if you are talking about the two party system being make believe then I have to not agree. Yes, both parties have someone pulling strings but it is not the same power at all. The Dems are being jerked around by Soros through his Moveon group and nobody is jerking the Republicans these days but that may change soon.

If we throw away the parties the government will become an anarchy and I don't want to see that. That is not what the founders intended but it could happen, anyway.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by the ACORN smear since no part of what is being said now is untrue. I suppose you think that a couple of kids doing the job of the media for them since they won't do it is a smear. Sorry but even Ms. Lewis knows better than this although in the early days of last week she used the word.
The "kids" we paid by Fox.

The tapes are spliced; the woman whom Fox said had, "Killed her husband.", did no such thing.

She thought the two bozos asking the crazy questions were that-crazy.

While she was right, she did not know in all probability that even crazier people would try to make the bogus "info" into a story; would cover it as if it were real.

because now nothing says they can't.

Are you familiar with the holding in Akre V Fox??

It says the media can LIE for financial reasons.

That's what all this nonsense is about.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM

FindLaw for Legal Professionals - Case Law, Federal and State Resources, Forms, and Code

Here's the case.

Note it's at the appeals court level, Fox having lost in the trial court action.

Note that Fox does not dispute the fact that it lied in the newscast.

Note that it "convinces" a crooked Fla Court (six other courts had previously- in other cases- rejected the argument Fox advances here) that nothing in the FCC Rules say that it cannot lie in its newscasts.

That is what this is all about.

Last edited by Geechie North; 09-20-2009 at 10:00 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Somewhat true, although the 72 Progressives in the Congress (65 House, 7 Senate) and some state parties of the former Democratic Party still have the now antiquated notion that this is a governmnet of people, and not corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies