Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I was alluding to both parties delusianne.
The left drool over any Huffington Post article like it was the bible.

Take an article for what it is and where it comes from.
Find the other side and read that.
Make up your own mind on how you feel.

The constant bashing of left vs right "biased" news gets old.
We all know which way certain MSM sites lean.
Instead of bashing..just find an equivalent story from "YOUR" news site and post. That will get both sides of the story shown.
Lol, I dont know of anyone who drools over HuffPo, but HuffPo has news AND blogs, and most people, at least LW types, can tell the difference between editorializing and reporting.

There are two websites, newshounds.us which I think follows only Faux, and mediamatters which follows all RW media sources, which do nothing but call out lies, misstatements, misleading statements and graphics etc. They´re busy night and day as you can imagine. I dont know of any RW websites that do the same re ¨LW media¨. If there are some let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
There are plenty. Newsbusters, Newsmax and many more. They have been very busy keeping up with all the lies and distortions.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There are plenty. Newsbusters, Newsmax and many more. They have been very busy keeping up with all the lies and distortions.
Sanrene, I know you´re a smart girl because you had that horse. Therefore I know that YOU know perfectly well that Newsbusters and Newsmax do the distorting, egregiously and with glee. Anyone can look up those names in this very forum and find out the facts for themselves, or even could venture out onto the internet to check.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, I dont know of anyone who drools over HuffPo, but HuffPo has news AND blogs, and most people, at least LW types, can tell the difference between editorializing and reporting.

There are two websites, newshounds.us which I think follows only Faux, and mediamatters which follows all RW media sources, which do nothing but call out lies, misstatements, misleading statements and graphics etc. They´re busy night and day as you can imagine. I dont know of any RW websites that do the same re ¨LW media¨. If there are some let me know!
I've not heard of that one; I have heard of MSLSD though.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I've not heard of that one; I have heard of MSLSD though.
MSLSD, how clever.

"That one" is this: "We watch Fox so you don't have to"

Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
MSLSD, how clever.
A lot more clever than the worn-out, overused (about 1 million times) word you people like to use. I guess some people get their jollies using that word... kind of like a 5-year-old would.

Quote:
"That one" is this: "We watch Fox so you don't have to"
Please don't post biased websites!

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Sanrene, I know you´re a smart girl because you had that horse. Therefore I know that YOU know perfectly well that Newsbusters and Newsmax do the distorting, egregiously and with glee. Anyone can look up those names in this very forum and find out the facts for themselves, or even could venture out onto the internet to check.
Oh, that must be it. And of course, YOUR list of websites that "bust" the other side are perfectly unbiased and objective.

Okey-dokey.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babby pueblo View Post
A self-proclaimed "whitest person ever" walked into acorn buildings dressed like this:

http://i29.tinypic.com/263zfb8.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2lbfajm.jpg

That is why the "MSM" was hesitant to run with the story. How on Earth does this clown manage to fool anybody? When it first "broke", it was much more likely this kid staged the whole thing.
So not only corrupt their none too bright.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A lot more clever than the worn-out, overused (about 1 million times) word you people like to use. I guess some people get their jollies using that word... kind of like a 5-year-old would.

Please don't post biased websites!
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, that must be it. And of course, YOUR list of websites that "bust" the other side are perfectly unbiased and objective.

Okey-dokey.
? Biased sites like Faux?

It's not my fault they picked the name and the approach that they did.

Meanwhile, pick a piece at either of those sites and refute it.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,469,184 times
Simply put, Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, NewsMax, NewsBusters, WordNetDaily, Investors Business Daily, The Examiner, and the like qualify collectively as little more than the National Enquirer of the news, civics, and political worlds. Lies, innuendo, and rumor are treated by these sources as fact, and deliberate fraud and deceit as some higher form of reason. There is no a priori reason at all for any serious and self-respecting person or organization to be paying any actual attention to the rot and drivel that is regularly circulated within and between such media. Indeed, the most significant thing that one could honestly write about them would concern the shocking degree of willful ignorance that the popularity of these media in some quarters goes to document.

The Post in the current instance is merely contributing to authorship of yet another episode in the ongoing soap-opera of "liberal media bias", the general theme of which is that it is "biased" to report more about what is the best that can presently be known about a given subject, and less on what is plainly a bunch of invented tripe over the matter, if that tripe is in fact being put forward by those of a particular (and in this case, right-wing) political view. The thesis is of course garbage. Tripe does not deserve equal time with the best that can be known about something, regardless of the politics behind the scenes. The Noise Machine wishes of course to suppress this latter notion, and its little pawns on internet chat boards work daily to advance such suppression as best they can...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies