Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Acorn does the dirty deeds for the Democrats and keeps their party numbers high.
Congress only cut off their funding because of the outrage. Once it dies down you can bet Acorn will get money flowing again.

At least they are OUT for the Census.
I wonder how many people here know that they get their government money from Americorps. I think that not many know that but all that money that goes to all the groups like ACORN comes through Americorps. Now that shows me that at least one Bush and Clinton were in cahoots about all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,002,135 times
If as I have so often have asked here, voter fraud cases are so common- so easy to find- on ACORN or anyone, perhaps you can point to a single proven case of systemic voter fraud??

I have found that this is an education issue as much as anything else, with people not knowing the difference between allegation and verdict; between fraud perpetrated against ACORN and fraud that is said (but never proven) that ACORN has committed fraud.

Very provable proposition IF said cases/fraud exixts.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babby pueblo View Post
People understand that democrats aren't a bunch of righteous do-gooders, they simply are the lesser evil. You have to be insane to have voted for Mr. "I am a foreign policy expert" *totally bungles the Georgia skirmish* McCain and Mrs. "darn tootin" Palin.
I live about 80 miles from one of those asylums and will turn myself in tomorrow or the next day. I voted for what I considered the lesser of the two evils and you don't agree with me about that. I don't think they will allow me to stay but I will tell them that you determined me to be insane.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't worry. Once all the hoopla dies down the Acorn money funnel to the government will start flowing again. I'm sure there's too many connections in DC for them to really be done with.
I see.

So you also are a McCarthyite.

Wrong side of History, ya know?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,678,460 times
i dunno, why was the msm so late on the valerie plame story? and the joseph wilson (the ambassador, not the congressman) story? the fact that bush misrepresented intelligence in his push for war, and joseph wilson could prove it, was published in the nation in january of 2003, right after bush made exaggerated claims in the state of the union address, but didn't get any mainstream media coverage until well after the war had started. and the fact that a member of the bush administration leaked the identity of wilson's cia operative wife came out long before the 2004 election, in july of 2003, but wasn't covered by the mainstream media until after bush was re-elected.

that darn liberal media!

compared to that stuff, a delay of a few days seems like nothing, eh?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
If as I have so often have asked here, voter fraud cases are so common- so easy to find- on ACORN or anyone, perhaps you can point to a single proven case of systemic voter fraud??

I have found that this is an education issue as much as anything else, with people not knowing the difference between allegation and verdict; between fraud perpetrated against ACORN and fraud that is said (but never proven) that ACORN has committed fraud.

Very provable proposition IF said cases/fraud exixts.
I thought only investigations had been done but the trials will soon begin and then you can tone down a bit.

Can you tell me how many of those 14 or more states have been proven wrong? It takes a trial for that to happen.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought only investigations had been done but the trials will soon begin and then you can tone down a bit.

Can you tell me how many of those 14 or more states have been proven wrong? It takes a trial for that to happen.
I see you are clueless as to news facts as well as what powers a DA has to bring indictments.

Still waiting for the case to prove what has been taken for granted by the uninformed, the racists, and the fringe.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Wew;; the attorney general hw says that he is thinking of investiagtion. in my view there needs to be a specail procecutor named. I watched the head of acorn acknowledge that the people involved were fired ;so I dopubt she satnds by that conservative conspiracy of a smear. She how has the line that they were a few bad apples.I say investiagte and lets the shopw drop where it lands. Acornagte looks around the croner .
I guess you have never heard of the ACORN 8. That is a group of what were high ranking ACORN employees who demanded that the group call for an audit of its books. I wonder why they are ex-employees. No, really I know why.

Now try to hear me when I say that Bertha Lewis, their CEO, said on Fox this morning that she would begin an audit tomorrow. She will pick the auditing firm, if she does that, but I don't think she will do that. Firing those people is just what ACORN has always done with those who screw up and cause the group problems. It is easy to throw anyone under the bus when he/she causes the group any problems. That was just standard operating procedure for ACORN and all its subsidiaries. You do know there are more than 270 of them, I take it.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
I see you are clueless as to news facts as well as what powers a DA has to bring indictments.

Still waiting for the case to prove what has been taken for granted by the uninformed, the racists, and the fringe.
Are you saying that all 14 of those states have backed down? It sure sounds like that. Where did you hear that? Kos or ACORN Facts or something like that?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that bias is the reason but here are all the reasons according to them, both print and broadcast. Some very heavy words that mean nothing and are aimed at only making excuses for them not managing to report the fiasco sooner.

CBS and NBC Finally Catch Up to ACORN Scandal; Express Sympathy for the Left-Wing Group

In the first story on CBS since the scandal broke last week, on Tuesday’s Evening News, anchor Katie Couric reported: "The grassroots community organization called ACORN helps low-income Americans find affordable housing and gets tens of millions of dollars in government funding. But as Cynthia Bowers reports, that may be coming to an end after a scandal caught on tape."
[Mod edited for Copyright]
CBS and NBC Finally Catch Up to ACORN Scandal; Express Sympathy for the Left-Wing Group | NewsBusters.org
I wonder why none of these people manage to ever say anything about the ACORN breakins at foreclosed houses in Houston of which maybe none of were ever owned by ACORN supported people. They broke locks on those foreclosed homes and turned them over to homeless people. How did that manage to be something that was really good for poor people. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Also, I don't think we should hold our collective breaths waiting on Bertha Lewis and her crowd to sue Fox or Breitbart. To do that she will have to suffer through discovery which would call for opening their books completely along with other things they would have to tell. She made lots of threats in the beginning and then started backing off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies