Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

I think that bias is the reason but here are all the reasons according to them, both print and broadcast. Some very heavy words that mean nothing and are aimed at only making excuses for them not managing to report the fiasco sooner.

CBS and NBC Finally Catch Up to ACORN Scandal; Express Sympathy for the Left-Wing Group

In the first story on CBS since the scandal broke last week, on Tuesday’s Evening News, anchor Katie Couric reported: "The grassroots community organization called ACORN helps low-income Americans find affordable housing and gets tens of millions of dollars in government funding. But as Cynthia Bowers reports, that may be coming to an end after a scandal caught on tape."
[Mod edited for Copyright]
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-dr...eft-wing-group
I wonder why none of these people manage to ever say anything about the ACORN breakins at foreclosed houses in Houston of which maybe none of were ever owned by ACORN supported people. They broke locks on those foreclosed homes and turned them over to homeless people. How did that manage to be something that was really good for poor people. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Also, I don't think we should hold our collective breaths waiting on Bertha Lewis and her crowd to sue Fox or Breitbart. To do that she will have to suffer through discovery which would call for opening their books completely along with other things they would have to tell. She made lots of threats in the beginning and then started backing off.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
MSM loves the taste of its own excrement. Thus, the head up their arse.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Because ACORN is an arm of the democratic party, protected by democrats in the congress - the MSM is basically the same - a mouthpiece for the democrats.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Acorn is a pile of poop and the MSM are no better than poop eating files.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Why hasn't Fox done an investigation?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:45 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
All the liberal news was covering for their messiah. It must be their desire to continue the tingles up their legs. O BA MA O BA MA O BA MA ommmm

Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,841,439 times
The ACORN Obama knows

By Michelle Malkin • June 25, 2008 12:10 PM

My syndicated column today spotlights the whistleblower report on ACORN, which I’ve been blogging about (here) and which deserves more attention in the media and in Washington–especially in light of the radical activist group’s embrace of Barack Obama. The Consumer Rights League e-mailed to let me know that three GOP congressmen (Hensarling, Feeney, and Royce) have called on Barney Frank (D-Housing Boondoggle) to investigate ACORN’s taxpayer abuses. Snowball’s chance, I know, but conservatives ought to be turning up the heat and using every ounce of energy they have to, well, act like conservatives and push to de-fund the Left.

Michelle Malkin » The ACORN Obama knows

Support Big Government before Obama closes it down. http://www.biggovernment.com

Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
They wont cover anything that can be tracked back to Obama.

If it smells like Obama they wait until the leader Fox gains in the ratings from covering it then they are forced to say something.

Face it, liberal stations like CNN, MSNBC etc are all in Obama hip pocket.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:52 PM

145 posts, read 171,372 times
A self-proclaimed "whitest person ever" walked into acorn buildings dressed like this:

http://i29.tinypic.com/263zfb8.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2lbfajm.jpg

That is why the "MSM" was hesitant to run with the story. How on Earth does this clown manage to fool anybody? When it first "broke", it was much more likely this kid staged the whole thing.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,384 times
My memory is a bit hazy but if Im not mistaken those that called out ACORN before the election were strongly criticized. Am I mistaken?

This isn't new. ACORN was known to a bit fraudulent before the election. Anybody who is catching up on this chose to ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies