Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM

459 posts, read 804,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2My3 View Post
What would you say if I said I am just a Democrat who knows the wrong person is in office?
I am not as angry as you make me out to be. I am passionate about people being sucked into the ideas of this president. He is not this glorious being so many voters made/make him out to be. He is a speaker...nothing more.

But your not saying anything original. Your just spewing the right wing nicknames for Obama. Alot of democrats do listen to Rush Limbaugh. Of course he's not a glorious being. He's a politician, I think politician and glorious being in the same sentance is the definition of an oxymoron. The guy has been in office for 9 months, and has had more crap to clean up then any other first term president in this countries history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
....opposition to specific policies, and a belief that on certain critical issues, America has acted unilaterally, without regard for the interests of others. This has fed an almost reflexive anti-Americanism
I believe this is where he DID apologize!!! He said he would never apologize in the interest of his nation, but a paragraph before....HE DID!!!!
Really look at his speech....he is not a real leader. He wants us to lie down with all the others.
Yes, and some of the actions we have taken haven't been in our best interests. This isn't apologizing to our enemies, but the simple realization that we have made mistakes regarding foreign policy in our past.

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
....opposition to specific policies, and a belief that on certain critical issues, America has acted unilaterally, without regard for the interests of others. This has fed an almost reflexive anti-Americanism
I believe this is where he DID apologize!!! He said he would never apologize in the interest of his nation, but a paragraph before....HE DID!!!!
Really look at his speech....he is not a real leader. He wants us to lie down with all the others.
Clearly not an apology. An honest admission of reality. We most defintely have run roughshod over people in other nations. The lack of Diplomacy and the pre-emptive war style of the previous administration has not been in the best interest of The United States. Do you have any knowledge or understanding of what some of the awful foreign policies have done to our reputation as a democratic society. You obviously do not. It is so easy to google the articles and e-books on the subject that there is no excuse for such ignorance!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Why don't you listen to some real soliders and some real families....other than Cindy Sheehan on MSNBC. They know what they are fighting for!! DO you?

Then say it. What exactly is the fight in Iraq about?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Then say it. What exactly is the fight in Iraq about?
No wrong question. Where are the WMD's? Why did we lose 4K soldiers?

Last edited by blackandproud; 09-23-2009 at 05:19 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Did anyone hear Gaddafi's speech - where he endorsed Obama? WOW!

It was Bush who endorsed Qaddafi when he let him BUY his way free from the guilt of sponsoring the mass murder of Americans. How'd ya feel about THAT?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Why don't you listen to some real soliders and some real families....other than Cindy Sheehan on MSNBC. They know what they are fighting for!! DO you?

How about Pat Tillman?

Is HE 'real' enough for you?

Why don't YOU listen to what his thoughts were when after enlisting to go to Afghanistan he found he'd be sent to Iraq?

Why don't YOU look at some FACTS?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM

459 posts, read 804,730 times
Quote:

I live in Hawaii and have many friends and family that have served in Iraq. They all feel fortunate to be alive and hate the Bush administration for all the lies they have told. So yes I have listened to real soliders, and they all agree that invading Iraq is the biggest embarrassment in our countries history. And guess what they all voted for Obama!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Terror warnings, after eight years of relative safety. Obama is perceived as weak. Our enemies are moving against us once again.

We are no longer safe. The Obama administration is weakening our defenses, and not committed to fighting terrorism. Victory is a word he is "uncomfortable with" (his words).

Expect another attack on America. Only the next one, as promised, will be worse than 9/11. And you can thank Obama.
Apparently some suffered from 8 years of amnesia.

As mentioned in the thread, we had numerous terror alerts, arrests, elevated threat levels, etc after 9/11 and before Obama.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,546,602 times
If I join the Republican party in a year, I don't have to become a liar do I?

I don't want to become corrupt and corrupt kids before the world wide net
of international people. This is asking to much of a decent person...

wooowww.... disappointed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies