Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Name me one person who is pro choice that does not support the right to use abortion.

Pro-choice=pro abortion
Here is the problem. You are unable to see that people may have varying opinions. Everything has to be black and white to make your argument work.

I am pro-choice. That means I support peoples rights to make a decision as they see fit for their individual situation. I don't agree with it in some situations, but I support the freedom of choice that allows others to make that decision.

I am anti-abortion. I would never advocate MY OWN baby to be aborted nor would I advocate someobody using abortion as a means of birth control.

See, the world is all colors of grey. You are trying to take two extreme points of view, and telling people that they have to lay their stake on one side or the other. Because you deal in extremes, your expectation is that everybody views situations as black and white, or that everybody can be this or that. That is the problem with our politics and this forum.

Most people in America are moderates. They don't want to stake through the foot on one side of the line or the other. We don't want to be extreme radicals, conforming to the two standards somebody else created. Your inability to acknowledge that is astounding.

Keep living in radical extremes, I like most people in America will view things objectivily and in a moderate light...

I am pro-choice yet wouldn't advocate abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
You're wrong.

I am pro-choice for others but anti-abortion for myself.
It does not matter who you are pro choice for. If you are pro choice you are pro using abortions. Who you are in favor of using abortions it is not material as to who uses them.
If you are pro choice you endorse the use of abortions. Pro life is against abortions. Pro Choice is for abortions.
Playing semantic games with yourself is just silly.
Pro choice people favor the the use of abortions , no matter who uses them, you still favor the use of them.
Pro choice =pro abortion get over it and stop playing semantic games

Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Here is the problem. You are unable to see that people may have varying opinions. Everything has to be black and white to make your argument work.

I am pro-choice. That means I support peoples rights to make a decision as they see fit for their individual situation. I don't agree with it in some situations, but I support the freedom of choice that allows others to make that decision.

I am anti-abortion. I would never advocate MY OWN baby to be aborted nor would I advocate someobody using abortion as a means of birth control.

See, the world is all colors of grey. You are trying to take two extreme points of view, and telling people that they have to lay their stake on one side or the other. Because you deal in extremes, your expectation is that everybody views situations as black and white, or that everybody can be this or that. That is the problem with our politics and this forum.

Most people in America are moderates. They don't want to stake through the foot on one side of the line or the other. We don't want to be extreme radicals, conforming to the two standards somebody else created. Your inability to acknowledge that is astounding.

Keep living in radical extremes, I like most people in America will view things objectivily and in a moderate light...

May I suggest something? If I were you, I would concentrate on responding to other posts. That poster has no interest in anything anyone but himself has to say. As you may have noticed, he has no interest in even switching up what he has to say, it's the same post replayed over & over again. Quite a waste of time if you ask me. Anyway, back to the OP. As I've said, those pictures are obnoxious but really, why should I care if they display them? Why make a scene? That's exactly what those people are looking for, a reaction. Don't give it to them. Then, they have failed in their mission.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:

You are pro choice who does approve the use of abortion.
There is no grey area in life or death of a fetus.
if you claim to be pro choice you must accept you are pro abortion.
otherwise you would be pro life

Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
May I suggest something? If I were you, I would concentrate on responding to other posts. That poster has no interest in anything anyone but himself has to say. As you may have noticed, he has no interest in even switching up what he has to say, it's the same post replayed over & over again. Quite a waste of time if you ask me. Anyway, back to the OP. As I've said, those pictures are obnoxious but really, why should I care if they display them? Why make a scene? That's exactly what those people are looking for, a reaction. Don't give it to them. Then, they have failed in their mission.
Empirical truths do not need to be changed up or twisted or changed up as you choose to do

Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Empirical truths do not need to be changed up or twisted or changed up as you choose to do
That's interesting, you just repeated yourself twice in one sentence.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
It does not matter who you are pro choice for. If you are pro choice you are pro using abortions. Who you are in favor of using abortions it is not material as to who uses them.
If you are pro choice you endorse the use of abortions. Pro life is against abortions. Pro Choice is for abortions.
Playing semantic games with yourself is just silly.
Pro choice people favor the the use of abortions , no matter who uses them, you still favor the use of them.
Pro choice =pro abortion get over it and stop playing semantic games
Yeah for "either you with us or against us"

I support the choice of women who through complications may die as a result of pregnancy. I support the choice of young girls who are in no way capable of taking care of another life the ability to have an abortion. I support abortion of the pregnancy is a result of rape.

That makes me say "All abortions are ok"? I think not.

Your blinders and one track mind have you deprived you the ability to see things in an objective manner. I feel sorry for you. You can continue to say that anybody that doesn't tow the black and white line developed by the same people that came up with the "pro-x" terminology in an effort to simplify the debate all you want. That doesn't change the fact that yes, people may sit in the middle of the debate.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
That's interesting, you just repeated yourself twice in one sentence.
And the truth of what i have said is intact.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
One more try, then I'm done. Let's talk gun ownership. I am absolutely and completely sure that I will never own a gun. Don't like them, don't want one, grew up with them, and they scare me to death. Do I oppose other people having guns? No. I don't think some people need them or should have them because they are not responsible, but that is my opinion. If you want a gun, and you meet the criteria, and you are responsible, etc, then knock your socks off, or blow them off, or whatever. Am I pro-gun, absolutely not. Am I anti-gun, no.

Do I have a right to tell anyone else what to do with their body? No. Do I have the right to tell a woman how to deal with her pregnancy? No. Am I going to like decisions other people make about their bodies, and their pregnancies? Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't metter, because it's their decision, not mine.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
You are pro choice who does approve the use of abortion.
There is no grey area in life or death of a fetus.
if you claim to be pro choice you must accept you are pro abortion.
otherwise you would be pro life
Im not claiming that there is a grey area in life or death. I am claiming that their is a grey area in peoples reaction to the procedure has there is an infinite amount of possibilities of WHY that procedure is or is not inline with my morality.

That is something that you just can't get through your head.

As the other posted suggested, I am done with this conversation. You are completely closed minded to the possibility that there are extenuating circumstances which could lead people to support one aspect of the topic yet not support another.

You are the one with blinders on, the one playing semantics with token phrases. From this moderate, I ain't buyin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies