Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:12 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times

Advertisements

How come this is never publicized on t.v. or in the news? These increased risks to his life?

Obviously, 'their' attempts have failed thus far. A good thing for OBAMA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
We always see the real violence from the left that use bombs like some of hussein obama's friends. We have seen real hate in every liberal protest with violence, property damage, cops and tear gas.

Conclusion: the LEFT is MUCH more hateful and angry than the right and much quicker to threaten supreme violence over lesser issues.
SO true!!!!!! The left is WICKED mean when threatened, that is evident on this forum!!! Just read their posts! Filled with vitriol, personal attacks and so on!!!

Last edited by twowolves; 10-22-2009 at 07:18 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
SO true!!!!!! The left if WICKED mean when threatened, that is evident on this forum!!! Just read their posts! Filled with vitriol, personal attacks and so on!!!
neener

Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
SO true!!!!!! The left if WICKED mean when threatened, that is evident on this forum!!! Just read their posts! Filled with vitriol, personal attacks and so on!!!
No not true, from my neutral perspective ( I live in Europe and think this left/right nonsense very childish) I see mean attacks coming from BOTH sides. Some on the right are very quick to bash people just like some crazies on the left side.
And I mean attacks that are not necessary at all and furthermore pretty childish.
If you don't see that then you only pay attention to things YOU want to see and ignore the things you don't want to witness.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
neener
ok? neener? are we talking in gibberish?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. I never liked Byrd, and he was a disgrace, but he has changed his views over the years.
Ok fair enough.

Quote:
2. Carter never said everyone or all.
6 of one 1/2 dozen of another. You take it how you want I take how I want.

Quote:
3. Bush's #'s were FAR worse than Obama, and he was hated by many as well. To suggest racism isn't a factor in why we have a 400% increase is just nonsense. Perhaps it isn't the only reason why the increase is that large, but it is a major reason.
I did not say that it was not a PART of it but most certainly not 400% of it. so please stop suggesting that I said none of it was race based.
I do not believe that the majority is race based I think it is because Obama is pissing off a lot of people on both sides. You have conservatives that dislike his policies because they are to far left and you have libs that dislike his policies because they are not far enough left. With Bush it was never expected from the left that he would move that way at all but with Obama it was so I do believe that is the cause of the increase. Sure Bush pissed people off but mostly the left, Obama is pissing people off on the left, right and in the middle.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:55 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Are up 400% over threats to Bush's life. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts950 - broken link) I guarantee that these increased threats are all related to racism.

Bush had a lot of enemies on the left and the right as well, but his life was not in nearly as much danger as Obama's because his skin was/is white.

Anyone who denies that race plays a role in his increased danger is clearly delusional. The White Power Movement has seen an major increase in activity and recruitment since the Internet took hold on society, so it's only natural that some of them are becoming more bold and extreme.

As he was running, I feared for his safety, now I fear even more. I am actually surprised we've not had a legitimate threat to his life yet, which is a scary notion indeed.
I agree. My husband and I were talking about this yesterday as we mentioned that Bush's goons would not have let someone with a shirt they didn't approve of into a venue that Bush was at, yet armed nuts with assault rifles are allowed in while Obama is president. We have never in our lives EVER heard this happening until Obama came into office.

Additionally, hate groups have increased by at least 35% since Obama took office. I truly hope that the Secret Service is paying attention and averts a tragedy before it happens. I have no doubt that all the hate and fear-mongering that is being put out there by the right wing media pundits is stoking those flames; someone innocent is going to get hurt, someone who is at the wrong place at the wrong time. This will indeed be a tragedy for our country.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:03 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
I can't get too excited about death threats being up, in fact I think it's a natural reaction. Obama is a polarizing figure in difficult economic times. He created a lot of false expectations and people are angry. I'm way more worried about the home-grown Muslim jihadists the FBI is digging up.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Conservative crazies are the gasoline......and Conservative right wing rhetoric is the match.

Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Randall Terry and the scum that broadcast these idiot's hate speech are all partially responsible for the death threats and 7 right wing politically motivated murders that have occurred since Obama started his Presidential campaign.

* Three cops killed by gun nut who posted Glenn Beck videos about "FEMA Camps"

* Two Unititarian Church members shot dead by right wing loser who left suicide note blaming liberals.

* Doctor who perfomed abortions in Kansas

* Head of Arkansas Democratic Party shot dead in office by right winger who drove fifty miles and pretended to want to volunteer.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
are we talking in gibberish?

We? I'm not.

Let me just mention three names that might (or might not) register in your brain housing group.

Timothy McVeigh OK City 1995

Ted Kaczinsky unabomber

Eric Rudolph Atlanta Olympics 1996

You were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies