Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
No wonder the conservatives keep saying that "everybody who disagrees with Obama is called a racist!" They keep seeing it where it isn't happening.

The OP said that the huge increase in death threats was racist in nature.

Or are you making the asinine point that everyone who dislikes Obama wants to kill him? That's the only way your comment makes any sense at all.

No clue what you are talking about. I think it is ridiculous for the OP to think that the increase is race based. It is ridiculous that everyone that disagrees with Obama is seen as a raciest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Very amusing how the racists try to divert attention from their primitive hatred.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Very amusing how the racists try to divert attention from their primitive hatred.

It is the racist that always see race. We all know the left wingers AWAYS see race and use race as a weapon.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
If the extremists are such a small percentage of the population, why do they all come here to post? It is certainly primitive hatred, and embarrassing to know that the rest of the world sees it as such, too. Diversion is the preferred tactic...no messy questions to answer. The decent and thoughtful
Republicans are under the bus and are seldom heard.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
You're doing it again. Who said "that everyone that disagrees with Obama is seen as a raciest (sic)?"

Point me to one person, in this thread or in any other, that backs up your stupid claim. I've seen your claim made a dozen times here on CD, and never seen a single example of it.

Perhaps if you don't want to be known as a liar, you can produce one example? Can you?
Excellent question...the results will be interesting.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Threads about threats against the President don't seem appropriate to me because it will only inspire whacko homicidal haters.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
As usual there is another agenda. Read from the story:

With over 200 million users, online bigots have to date outpaced efforts to remove them. Some sites have thousands of friends, thus enabling the message of hate to spread virally...This user-generated material increases the viral spread of extremism online and aids in increasing the social acceptability of hate in mainstream discourse. By creating an environment where users are equal participants in the Web, all editorial functions are removed and expressions of hate can easily flow unchallenged.

The underlying message here is that the Democrats will use the issue as the precursor for net censorship. Expect new legislation from the Left to counter this new threat. Never let a crisis go to waste, 'eh Rahm?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who makes a threat against the POTUS should be punished severely. A real Republican respects Obama's right to be wrong in his policies.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You're doing it again. Who said "that everyone that disagrees with Obama is seen as a raciest (sic)?"
Here just one of many people that have said it oh and I did not say anyone here I said in general!

Carter again cites racism as factor in Obama's treatment - CNN.com

Quote:
"I think people who are guilty of that kind of personal attack against Obama have been influenced to a major degree by a belief that he should not be president because he happens to be African American.
"It's a racist attitude, and my hope is and my expectation is that in the future both Democratic leaders and Republican leaders will take the initiative in condemning that kind of unprecedented attack on the president of the United States," Carter said.
Quote:
Point me to one person, in this thread or in any other, that backs up your stupid claim. I've seen your claim made a dozen times here on CD, and never seen a single example of it.
NO you have not seen this claim from me a dozen times. PROVE it! I want you to provide 12 links where I have said this before!!! You are so big on proof, let's go find them!

Quote:
Perhaps if you don't want to be known as a liar, you can produce one example? Can you?
Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
No clue what you are talking about. I think it is ridiculous for the OP to think that the increase is race based. It is ridiculous that everyone that disagrees with Obama is seen as a raciest.

No one other than right wingers have made the claim that everyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. Its only the righties that have said that.

As far as the increase being race based being ridiculous, are you really that delusional?? Is that the only reason? Of course not, but to think race isn't a factor in why Obama is receiving more threats is just plain stupid.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No one other than right wingers have made the claim that everyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist. Its only the righties that have said that.
Really only right wingers, huh funny cause I am pretty sure that Jimmy Carter is NOT a right winger.

Quote:
As far as the increase being race based being ridiculous, are you really that delusional?? Is that the only reason? Of course not, but to think race isn't a factor in why Obama is receiving more threats is just plain stupid.

I did not say it was not a part of it but it is most certainly not 400% worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies