Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Saying youd rather be a serial killer than a murderer is like saying youd rather rape kiddies than women...both are equally horrible, and its just silly to try and place one above the other.
sarcasm - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,311 times
Point taken, sir. Cheers!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:40 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,361,486 times
Should Black Males be Mad When Whites Stereotype Them Because of Their Higher Crime Statistics?

I think for many whites it's not that simple. Many Whites will respond to Black males similar to how they will to white males based on if they know or don't know them,their appearance,public behavior etc.

If a strange Black man wearing a business suit is seen walking in a mostly upper income white neighborhood how would whites respond to him in comparison to those same whites seeing a strange,rough,unclean looking white guy walking around?

Also,this depends on who these whites are that are doing the stereotyping and what the situation is. Are these whites in positions to hire and promote people for jobs? Well I'd hope these whites when dealing with a Black male applicant would take into account that Black applicant's job history,wether or not they have a criminal record,their apperance and not soley judge him negativly based on his race. If these whites do view him negatively anyway then those whites were already racist.

I think this stereotyping issue can be a bigger issue with Black males and the police. Many Black males have been stopped driving expensive cars simply because the white officers were uncomfortable seeing a Black man driving the car. Even Black actors like Will Smith have been stopped by police for this reason.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
OMG so that is what happened, quoting stats until black and blue.
thats the answer stop quoting stats.
its not about crime and behavior, its about quoting stats.
excellent great post.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:55 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
Yes it is a lie.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,550,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Should Black Males be Mad When Whites Stereotype Them Because of Their Higher Crime Statistics? The black crime statistics are what they are. Yet we can quote statistics until we are all black and blue, but the reality of the matter is that, me being a black male, and there are millions of blacks like me who have never committed a crime, who have never been arrested, who have never been on parole, who are bascially law abiding citizens, and yet no one addresses that statistic as well----HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM?...
Yes, it's a reason for EXTREME anger. The black community, especially black males, should do something about it.

Perhaps the first thing is by giving back to your community & mentoring young black males. Who else will do it? No one. Who will lead the way for children who usually grow up in unfairly derelict areas (I hold the lack of code enforcement responsible for ghetto areas: all cities & neighborhoods should be safe for children - I believe gov't corruption is responsible for ghettoization, not race)???

Second: I'm not sure what else. People are so backwards in this country. I know second hand how hard it is for a black person to get a job in a white dominated country. It's ridiculous & plain stupid.This is a young country & not very evolved philosophically or socially.

I had a friend who was a coworker of my late husband. They were both construction superintendents working for a tiny company. It turned out the company was what I'll call a "vanity company." They were a small start up with the ubiquitous loans available in the early 2000's.

The company did a few projects & made alot of money then folded up after a year & a half, laying everyone off. This pattern happened 2x for my husband when he was a super. The coworker was part black. Very qualified & actually quite a beautiful person inwardly & outwardly, to boot - a former model. He was a married man, married to a model & they had a baby on the way & he, like everyone else in the company, was suddenly laid off.

He would submit his resumes, talk to potential employers on the phone, then see the interviewers' faces change when they met. The interviewers didn't want a black man. They couldn't tell he was black until meeting face to face. And somehow it mattered enough to not hire him. BTW: not all employers are held to EOE standards. Small companies can do whatever they want, as far as I know.

This routine our friend experienced: BS, right? But that's the reality of the black man (or woman). He (or she) seems untrustworthy or somehow not worthy of hiring. This was in So. Cal! Not like the deep South! Or whatever. I've never been to the deep South (I'm wildly guessing sorry) but this routine makes me sick.

I don't know what happened to him after that (February '04), as my husband passed away shortly (April '04) after that & everyone went separate ways.

I really have a heart for minority Americans who have paid the price of America's growing pains. I believe they should be able to have a chance to work as equals (not a good way to put it but you know what I mean?) but America is slow to allow it.

Kate

Old 11-06-2009, 01:01 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
It appears to me that when white males commit crimes, there's a clear reason or explanation for why they commit their crimes.
Yea, they're criminals.

Quote:
Either they are serial killers, pedophiles, cleptomanics, where as black males who commit the same type of crimes aren't labelled as such...hummmmmmmmmmmm?
Serial killers and pedofiles are criminals, last time I looked.

I was unaware that Bernie Madoff claimed to be a clepto. Was Michael Jackson a pedofile?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
Yes. They take statistics out of context and try to slander black people as a race.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes. They take statistics out of context and try to slander black people as a race.
So true. I hate when famous, influential people do it:

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery--then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

----Reverend Jesse Jackson

Old 11-06-2009, 06:31 PM

257 posts, read 619,269 times
Obey the law? What the f--- is that? Respect your neighbors, bud. The law is written by the same crooked pols we've been trying to get tossed out of office. The political class steals far more from the American people than "disadvantaged minorities" ever did.

Who sends us into unnecessary wars? Who lies to us about where our tax money is going? Who tells us that every new tax, levy, fee, and toll "is just temporary"? Who uses eminent domain to take from land owners and give to politically connected developers who could never prosper in a truly competitive marketplace? Who spends their time trying to convince those of us in the know that we have no chance voting out crooked incumbents?

Is is really some disgruntled black guy who has to settle for the graveyard shift at the local Gulp n' Blow?

Ask the biggest, most hateful racist anywhere if he'd rather see all blacks in prison or all politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies