Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is just as possible that you would read the links that started this thread but I think that possibility is much larger than you getting hit by lightning. Why don't you make a liar out of me by breaking the liberal rule and read them?
Roy, please don't name-call at me or insinuate that I a) posted without reading or b) have a liberal agenda because I disagree with you.

I read your links before I posted the first time. I was not impressed by the sources nor the arguments.

My point was that many things in this world COULD happen; whether they are LIKELY to happen is a different question. IMO, we have enough to worry about in this country that is happening or is likely to happen that I don't want to chase windmills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Connecting this article ( Things to watch for during a “Declared National Emergency” ) with the one below it should give pause for thought:

By Marion Valentine Saturday, October 24, 2009
As I predicted—though I was unsure whether it would be the H1N1 virus or the collapse of the dollar—the Communist Puppet would use something to cement his total control over every aspect of our lives.
From the day he took office, Obama and his puppet masters have been building a shadow Government with all power vested in them. The Czars he has appointed, who were not vetted and approved by Congress nor elected, now have the authority to control every aspect of American commerce.
I challenge you to look at the Executive Orders that have been signed over the last 30 years and are still in place. Also carefully read the provisions of the Violent Crime Control Act. They are listed here America In Peril and I include a partial list below.
You will see that with the Executive Orders already in place, combined with the provisions of the Violent Crime Control Act, with the stroke of a pen Obama can suspend the Constitution, the Judiciary, Elections and in effect declare himself president for life.
The next step In the wannabe dictators plan is to declare Martial Law, confiscate all privately owned firearms, round up all dissenters and move them to detention centers. Also there will be detention centers for those who have the H1N1 virus.

( Swine-flu emergency! What does that mean? )

Now this post is one I took from a friend at another forum but it so well speaks my way of thinking about this situation. Of course, if you don't read both links you won't be able to see the point of my question.
paranoia will destroy ya!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Roy, please don't name-call at me or insinuate that I a) posted without reading or b) have a liberal agenda because I disagree with you.

I read your links before I posted the first time. I was not impressed by the sources nor the arguments.

My point was that many things in this world COULD happen; whether they are LIKELY to happen is a different question. IMO, we have enough to worry about in this country that is happening or is likely to happen that I don't want to chase windmills.
Are you referring to early 20th century windmills or those of today that are being held up by many as the necessary replacement for coal and oil for electricity generation?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
paranoia will destroy ya!
Not being willing to take a peek at what is very possibly happening will do just as much damage to you.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Are you referring to early 20th century windmills or those of today that are being held up by many as the necessary replacement for coal and oil for electricity generation?
I was thinking of the Don Quixote kind of windmills.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Not at all misleading for those who read the links but terribly so for those who refuse to do so and that takes in a huge majority of those who have been writing in this thread.

Not misleading because all those orders could be construed in such a manner as to allow anyone in the position to assume much more power than he is given by the Constitution. We have allowed this to happen over the years and allowed those things to remain in force although unused.

Yep, very misleading to those who don't read links to know what is being discussed. I guess you could say that about that title to make those who refuse to read the links feel better about themselves.
You are saying things COULD happen...sure, anything can happen, but why is it different w/this president than other presidents? Why the hysteria & paranoia by you, huh? Are you going to live your life being suspicious of absolutely everything, even things that have been around for decades? Jeez, what a waste of a life.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You are saying things COULD happen...sure, anything can happen, but why is it different w/this president than other presidents? Why the hysteria & paranoia by you, huh? Are you going to live your life being suspicious of absolutely everything, even things that have been around for decades? Jeez, what a waste of a life.
Because this president is different. He's much farther to the left and more radical and more interested in power over everything than any other president. He's appointed people who are openly communist and supportive of dictators. Clinton looked moderate in comparison. O deserves far more scrutiny on issues such as this. Whether or not he will do something like this no one can know but he must be watched nonetheless.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Because this president is different. He's much farther to the left and more radical and more interested in power over everything than any other president. He's appointed people who are openly communist and supportive of dictators. Clinton looked moderate in comparison. O deserves far more scrutiny on issues such as this. Whether or not he will do something like this no one can know but he must be watched nonetheless.
Fine, keep an eye on him. But to sit here & spew lies & engage in frantic hand flapping, henny penny the sky is falling behavior is just weak.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I was thinking of the Don Quixote kind of windmills.
That was very obvious but I couldn't stand the temptation to get in a few licks for those of the present century. Sorry.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
And you weren't among those who feared the Bush - Cheney group? For some reason I really wonder about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies