Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,790 times

Advertisements

I find it very interesting that whenever a white person states a well know fact that is negative about blacks they are labeled a racist. In fact most of these people are realists and not racist.

The OP mentions the post about black tippers. In my early days I drove a cab part time in Philadelphia. I was warned by more senior drivers to do my best to stay out of black neighborhoods for two very good reasons, no tips and robbery. (Cabbies depend on tips for decent earnings). I worked Friday and Saturday nights trying to supplement my income. Every now and then I would end up in a black neighborhood and I never got a tip. In fact, the only people who beat me out of a fare were black. I speak with authority and experience when I make the statement 'in my experience blacks not only are bad tippers but have the tendency to skip out without paying their bill.' That is not racism it is the reality of the situation. I am a realist.

Every time I hear a black person complain about the way they are treated I am reminded of an great old song sung by a black group called the Coasters. The song is Charlie Brown and I call the act of repeatedly complaining about crap, otherwise known as whining, the Charlie Brown Syndrome, "whys everybody always pickin on me?"

YouTube - The Coasters - Charlie Brown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Consider that 80% of these threads and posts are made by left leaning closet skulking race baiters trying to create racial unrest where none exists and you have the real threat.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
lol,

I agree with the 'race baiting' threads', but taking a look at some of the posts, like

Are you scared of black men??
Author: Ron. Race: black

This thread references a monologue on a blog called "o hell, o nawl" which is a blog for the African American community.

Not even a thread about race

This is actually a race neutral, worthy conversation

Another good conversation about unfairness perpetrated by a judge in Louisiana.

Quote:
Theres definitely race baiting, but it CERTAINLY isnt being done by blacks, and probably not liberals either. Unless they are self hating blacks/liberals...which I concede is possible, but not really likely.

I do find it laughable that you feel that posts such as the ones I just linked amount to 'meaningful debate'. More like meaningless buffoonery.
You really should have read the threads you posted.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Consider that 80% of these threads and posts are made by left leaning closet skulking race baiters trying to create racial unrest where none exists and you have the real threat.

Yea!!

Someone gets it.

The "REAL" racist can be found easily on CD.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 AM

871 posts, read 1,630,273 times
some of the racists are liberals and some are conservatives but most will be conservatives of all races. stop fooling yourselves.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
I do not , personally, see this supposed massive uptick of "white nationalist' and 'reactionary Christian' activity. They have always been here, lately the spotlight is on them ,certainly, but I do not see them being emboldened and projecting any more than they always have. The scrutiny that they are under may be lending an illusion of sudden growth. Nevertheless, it's not like these groups are rioting in the streets, and causing general mayhem.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:18 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
What IS 'New America' anyway????

Also could the OP provide any proof of their assertions?

Thanks ever so much.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 AM

484 posts, read 1,216,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I do not , personally, see this supposed massive uptick of "white nationalist' and 'reactionary Christian' activity. They have always been here, lately the spotlight is on them ,certainly, but I do not see them being emboldened and projecting any more than they always have. The scrutiny that they are under may be lending an illusion of sudden growth. Nevertheless, it's not like these groups are rioting in the streets, and causing general mayhem.
While I agree that these groups and individuals have always been here, no one can doubt that there has been a dramatic increase in activity over the last year. Furthermore, these groups are involving themselves in more mainstream ways under the guise of "anti government" and "anti Obama" movements. Just ask the Secret Service what their caseload is like and where they see the most activity coming from....

Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
While I agree that these groups and individuals have always been here, no one can doubt that there has been a dramatic increase in activity over the last year. Furthermore, these groups are involving themselves in more mainstream ways under the guise of "anti government" and "anti Obama" movements. Just ask the Secret Service what their caseload is like and where they see the most activity coming from....
What dramatic increase?
Could you provide some evidence of this?

Unless you consider anything that doesn't support Obama to be 'racist'....

Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
I have to go with Oz on this. What 'dramatic increases'? From my point of view this increase is, as I said earlier, an illusion, caused by closer scrutiny of these groups. Higher profile= seeing more than is really there. Anti government and anti Obama does not equate to White nationalist or reactionary Christian either. I am neither one of these things, and I do not agree with Obamas agenda, nor do the vast majority of my friends and aquaintences, does this qualify us as a racist reactionary group? Under this criteria, yea, LMAO, there HAS been an uptick of ....activity. Just not the type we are being led to believe is running rampant in our countryside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies