Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I must have missed where you 'called me out'...
What I DID do was post a question....

What pray tell ARE my 'true colors'???
Your spin, your attempt (and subsequent failure) to put words in my mouth.

Your unwillingness to admit that right-wing terrorists who murder people are still terrorists.

All I needed to do was give you a little piece of string, and you kept pulling and pulling and you exposed your self.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
So waht do you call all the blacks that kill pother blacks making murder the leading cause of death in young balck men. culturalcide?Seems a much bigger problem .

Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,104,718 times
To the true Obamabot (at least 15 of them on this thread alone).....

Racist means that you are angry about minority gangs destroying the inner cities for the decent and hard working minorities in those cities

Racist means you are angry that there are minorities that abuse the welfare system and are getting a free ride

Racist means pointing out that there are higher % of minorities that have single parent children and violent crime rates (truth = racist)

Racist means that you are angry that immigration laws are not being enforced

Racist means that you say something negative against Obama's policies

Racist means that you say something regarding that the 9/11 hijackers were middle eastern

Basically, Liberals exhibit crazy behavior and hate everything that goes against what they have been brainwahed to believe

(waiting to be called a racist by some liberal that does not like the truth being told )

Old 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
I am not sure how much white nationalism is playing, but there is still plenty of ignorance and xenophobia in America.

This is why other people around the world think Americans are idiots

YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08

Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Biggest threat to almost any nation is from within. With our massive military, the threat of any foreign invasion or occupation is less than nil. In fact, our huge military budget alone is enough to bankrupt us -- from WITHIN, a SELF-INFLICTED wound.

The extreme left wing hardly exists anymore, been a long time since I've seen any welfare liberals trying to get elected on a platform of unlimited food stamps, endless welfare, pulling all troops back from all overseas bases in scores of countries, etc.

But it is the extreme right wing in our nation that is wacky to the point of being certifiable and presents a real danger. The EXTREME religious right wants to force a theocracy on all of us. The EXTREME gun loonies are sure they see a government conspiracy behind every pile of leaves to take away all the guns; lots of people have been fed this bucket of fear for so long they really believe it, and when millions of morons believe a lie, look out. The problem is NOT the moderates in the church going public or the responsible hunters, sport shooters and collectors who want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, mental cases and terrorists.

What to do? Ignore them! Don't play along! Let them run around with their "sky is falling" nonsense. Let them go broke sending all their money to the NRA, or to the televangelists who keep saying that the end is near if we let gays get married, etc. Don't vote for anyone who panders to the NRA or to whack job televangelists. Do vote for moderates and progressives who stick to valid facts, common sense, science, and the rule of law.

Sinclair Lewis said it best: "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times

Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I am not sure how much white nationalism is playing, but there is still plenty of ignorance and xenophobia in America.

This is why other people around the world think Americans are idiots

YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08
Even Obamas supporters have misconceptions about him. Like the lady that said she does not have to worry about her car payment or rent anymore because 'Obamas gonna take care of' her. Misconceptions like that are OK then? People like her could not possibly be contributing to the rest of the world viewing Americans as idiots. Gee, Obama himself is doing a pretty good job of portraying us as being a bit...slow.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I did find this motto from a racist group:

"For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing."

Or in their own language:
For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."
What do you have against La Raza, South Carolina?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:39 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Even Obamas supporters have misconceptions about him. Like the lady that said she does not have to worry about her car payment or rent anymore because 'Obamas gonna take care of' her. Misconceptions like that are OK then?
Do you have a link to that quote??? I've heard the same thing said over and over about a woman saying she didn't have to make her car payment or pay rent anymore because...yada, yada, yada. I'd just like to see the quote.

thanks.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:49 PM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Even Obamas supporters have misconceptions about him. Like the lady that said she does not have to worry about her car payment or rent anymore because 'Obamas gonna take care of' her. Misconceptions like that are OK then?
No, they are not ok, but I didn't think that was suitable for this thread. I do find that there is a degree of xenophobia among certain Americans that is just based on ignorance.

Quote:
People like her could not possibly be contributing to the rest of the world viewing Americans as idiots. Gee, Obama himself is doing a pretty good job of portraying us as being a bit...slow.
She is certainly helping out the cause to make Americans look like idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13
Do you have a link to that quote??? I've heard the same thing said over and over about a woman saying she didn't have to make her car payment or pay rent anymore because...yada, yada, yada. I'd just like to see the quote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies