Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This Republican would say no such thing to either of the examples you posted. And your stereotyping is not appreciated.

That said, your examples are not typical scenarios of women who have abortions any more than pictures of fetuses aborted at 24 weeks are what typical aborted fetuses look like, since most abortions are performed at 12 weeks or earlier.
Typical schmipical!

It happens.

I see one repub who says abortion is wrong no matter what so that 11 year old MUST have that baby (very sick idea and the ultimate control of a woman by a man..sick, sick sick).

I have asked before and gotten no answer from those who say abortion is wrong except in the case of rape or incest.......and I asked why.

At least , someone finally answered my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default See how you feel when that "precious life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Fetuses feel pain after the 4th week, I believe. No one's life is worth more than yours. Your life is a precious gift from God, so is the pre born baby's.
can kill YOU, AND has no hope of making it past a few couple of weeks before EXPLODING your fallopian tube. See how you feel when you have the misfortune to go into a "religous" hospital where you are told "we don't do abortions here", and they make you WAIT for 24 hours for so much as an IV or a songram because they don't WANT to know that this "baby" is DEAD. See how you feel when the last thing you hear is your 3 year old CRYING her eyes out that "Mommy is going to DIE". Think she cares about a baby brother or sister? See how you feel when they FINALLY do that sonogram and you look at the sonogram YOURSELF and see nothing but MUSH. No little baby. No little 5 week old head, arms, or legs. See how you feel when the good "christian" doctors JOKE that it took 20 minutes with all the gore to find your BLADDER. Tell me. If you cannot find an adult BLADDER, how are you going to find a 5 week old EMBRYO????? No, they did not BURY that "baby". They would have had to bury all the BLOOD too. You know what? I WISH I had asked for that sonogram and kept it. I would like to POST it here now and ask all of you PEOPLE to FIND that 5 week old "baby" in all that gore. It was thrown out with all the medical waste.

Care about the people ALREADY HERE. I cared, far, far more for my living and breathing 3 year daughter than a bloody, mess of cells.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
can kill YOU, AND has no hope of making it past a few couple of weeks before EXPLODING your fallopian tube. See how you feel when you have the misfortune to go into a "religous" hospital where you are told "we don't do abortions here", and they make you WAIT for 24 hours for so much as an IV or a songram because they don't WANT to know that this "baby" is DEAD. See how you feel when the last thing you hear is your 3 year old CRYING her eyes out that "Mommy is going to DIE". Think she cares about a baby brother or sister? See how you feel when they FINALLY do that sonogram and you look at the sonogram YOURSELF and see nothing but MUSH. No little baby. No little 5 week old head, arms, or legs. See how you feel when the good "christian" doctors JOKE that it took 20 minutes with all the gore to find your BLADDER. Tell me. If you cannot find an adult BLADDER, how are you going to find a 5 week old EMBRYO????? No, they did not BURY that "baby". They would have had to bury all the BLOOD too. You know what? I WISH I had asked for that sonogram and kept it. I would like to POST it here now and ask all of you PEOPLE to FIND that 5 week old "baby" in all that gore. It was thrown out with all the medical waste.

Care about the people ALREADY HERE. I cared, far, far more for my living and breathing 3 year daughter than a bloody, mess of cells.
I'm sorry -- ectopic pregnancy is so frightening and you're right, IT KILLS. People are just so ignorant of the medical facts and all the things that can go wrong with a pregnancy. I have heard horror stories of women with suspected ectopic going into a Catholic hospital for "care." It should chill anyone's blood.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:

I agree. Especially with the part that the woman is ALREADY HERE. If the woman dies, she may leave behind children, husband, parents, friends, etc etc.

It is not right. I wish we could save both. If there is ever a way, I hope we find it. Until then, there is no doubt in my mind that the woman comes first.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:

I don't think that anyone here said that when the mother's life is in danger there isn't a gray area. Nobody said that at all. Of course your life is valuable and should be saved. Absolutely.

This is a rare thing and the abortion industry isn't thriving because of such a pregnancy or because an 11 year old was raped by her father.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I don't think that anyone here said that when the mother's life is in danger there isn't a gray area. Nobody said that at all. Of course your life is valuable and should be saved. Absolutely.

This is a rare thing and the abortion industry isn't thriving because of such a pregnancy or because an 11 year old was raped by her father.
I am glad you have more sense than others.

There are other people who expect the mother to give up her life for the fetus and that abortion should not be allowed despite that. It makes my blood boil when I read or hear that I should just die because the pregnancy got complicated. Sure, just leave me there to die on the operating table.

Those kinds of people have no respect from me.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:

Due to endometriosis, I too had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured; by the time my ex got me to the ER (then left to play tennis) I couldn't walk and had a rigid abdomen. All I could think about was not living to raise my
son. Fortunately, he was spared the trauma that your precious daughter knew...I'm so sorry, and so empathetic. We are lucky to be here.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post

The abortions that Dr. Tiller preformed were late term (meaning after 20 weeks) on mothers who had progressing heart failure stressed by pregnancy or some other life threatening condition. These mothers would not live to see their infant become viable outside of their womb.

Dr. Tiller saved the lives of many women yet he was murdered for this!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The abortions that Dr. Tiller preformed were late term (meaning after 20 weeks) on mothers who had progressing heart failure stressed by pregnancy or some other life threatening condition. These mothers would not live to see their infant become viable outside of their womb.

Dr. Tiller saved the lives of many women yet he was murdered for this!
Tiller was murdered by a mad man. Nobody I know condones murder, be it of an unborn child or a doctor. There were probably a few cases like that, but our medical technology has progressed to such a point where those cases are few and far between. Tiller took MANY more lives than he saved.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Fetuses feel pain after the 4th week, I believe. No one's life is worth more than yours. Your life is a precious gift from God, so is the pre born baby's.
You are sorely incorrect, you're about 18-20 weeks off. Fetuses cannot feel pain until the late second trimester, early third trimester according to all reputable sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies