Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Very lame.

The settlers robbed the land from the Native Americans.
Thus breaking their own "christian" rules.

Nice try though.
First, not what you claimed. You lose.

Second, the settlers never gave a thought to their own "christian rules" except to assume that they were superior to those already here. Typical christians. Again, you lose.

Thanks for playing. Next time try to bring some facts and truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
[quote=Indurain;11647944]
Quote:
Some geneticists suggest that criminality is inherited.

Names and credentials of these "geneticists"? Or are you making stuff up again?

Quote:
Highly controversial point though.

I think the spawn of the settler and their behaviour, would support the conclusion that criminality is transferred by genetics.
What you think, or that you think it, does not make it fact. As a matter of fact, it would appear to be bigotted and possibly racist.

Does that describe you?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
First, not what you claimed. You lose.
It was what I claimed.

Quote:
Second, the settlers never gave a thought to their own "christian rules" except to assume that they were superior to those already here. Typical christians. Again, you lose.
Fact is they took property (land) that did not belong to them.
It's called theft.

Quote:

Thanks for playing. Next time try to bring some facts and truth.
Bit rich coming from the likes of you.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Names and credentials of these "geneticists"? Or are you making stuff up again?
Laughlin
Davenport
To name but two.
Bohman has written extensively about genetic inheritance of deviant behaviour such as criminality.

Quote:

What you think, or that you think it, does not make it fact. As a matter of fact, it would appear to be bigotted and possibly racist.

Does that describe you?
Eh?

Try posting in english to this forum the next time. Ok?

And no, I'm not racist.
I am the one defending the indigenous Native American, remember?

You're trying to defend/justify the settler actions of theft/murder etc.

Run along now.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Very lame.

The settlers robbed the land from the Native Americans.
Thus breaking their own "christian" rules.

Nice try though.

You do realize that the native americans were not a monolithic society? That they in fact warred against each other over land, horses and resources? That the lakota/dakota road west displacing those that were there before them? As did most if not all of the various tribes.

I feel you suffer from this bizarre european opinion that native americans had lived in a peaceful bucolic existence prior to the Columbus. Not so.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You do realize that the native americans were not a monolithic society? That they in fact warred against each other over land, horses and resources? That the lakota/dakota road west displacing those that were there before them? As did most if not all of the various tribes.

I feel you suffer from this bizarre european opinion that native americans had lived in a peaceful bucolic existence prior to the Columbus. Not so.
I am well aware that the Native American tribes had disputes between one another.

That is their perogative of course, given the fact that they were there before any foreigners arrived.

All of which is beside the point anyhow.

The fact of the matter is that no one currently in USA can/should be shouting the odds about immigration.

Given that most the whingers here about emigration, are the spawn of immigrants (land grabbers/thieves/murderers/quitters from their native land - take your pick as required).

Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
I am well aware that the Native American tribes had disputes between one another.

That is their perogative of course, given the fact that they were there before any foreigners arrived.

All of which is beside the point anyhow.

The fact of the matter is that no one currently in USA can/should be shouting the odds about immigration.

Given that most the whingers here about emigration, are the spawn of immigrants (land grabbers/thieves/murderers/quitters from their native land - take your pick as required).
So what's your point? You use enough Brittish slang to choke a horse so I am going to assume that you are not American (or are trying very hard to lend that impression). So what is it to you? And what noble country do you come from that has no immigration laws? That enjoys an open border to the world?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:

That's a pretty hateful description. Unless you are a native American Indian, which one of the categories that you listed do you belong to?

Besides, you never did respond to my earlier post about LEGAL immigrants. I don't believe anyone is against legal immigration where people wait in line and follow the laws for entry to this country. The issue is ILLEGAL immigration. You do understand the difference, do you not?

Last edited by swbtoo; 11-16-2009 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 11-16-2009, 02:47 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Not familiar enough with Native American law to provide an informed answer.

However : See the Commandments :

Theft of Native American land by settlers (Thou shalt not steal).
Murder of Native Americans by settlers while robbing those lands (Thou shalt not kill).

Two for starters.
I suspect the NA were not advanced enough to have codes or laws in place at the time. So it seems no illegal act was committed in coming to America.

No reason to bring religion into the discussion.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So what's your point? You use enough Brittish slang to choke a horse so I am going to assume that you are not American (or are trying very hard to lend that impression). So what is it to you? And what noble country do you come from that has no immigration laws? That enjoys an open border to the world?
You must be describing Fantasyland. It's located somewhere in the territory of Anaheim. I heard they charge a fee but all are welcome who can cough up the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies