Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:04 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Europe is full of usurpers who stole land. Just ask any Cro-Magnon.
Plastic,unlike the likes of yerself and ancestery who could not cut it in their native land, those here in Europe can trace their roots back to the region in which they currently live for centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes but I honestly do not believe that we try hard enough to secure the border. I remember reading this article once where there are like 2 border security people who are protecting their section of the border.

Instead of investing so much into our military why not even take a fraction of that and invest it border security?

I honestly do think this would work. Our politicians are just not serious about it.
As I stated in the thread over in elections, if politicians think that the only way to deal with illegal immigrants is to not enforce the law but change it, they have failed. They deserve to be tossed out and replaced with someone who values the law. Regardless of political affiliation.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:20 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Plastic,unlike the likes of yerself and ancestery who could not cut it in their native land, those here in Europe can trace their roots back to the region in which they currently live for centuries.
"Centuries" does not a legal deed make.

Concentrate your own efforts at "cutting it", since you will have to learn Arabic extremely soon.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:22 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Here is my input-

Trust me. I am not just some typical liberal who wants illegals to come and live here BUT I think that the smartest thing for us to do is go ahead and give the illegals in this country now legal status. ONLY BECAUSE they can pay back into our system and it would cost wayyy too much to gather them all and deport them.

Make them legal (I hate it too-TRUST me) AND THEN make border security so tight that even a cricket cannot go through with the tax money THEY will start paying.
Tell it to the people here in Michigan who are losing their homes and filing bankruptcy in record numbers because we have a 15.3% unemployment rate.

When will you kool-aid drinkers on the left realize that the Democrats only care about themselves and winning the next election? The only reason they want to do this when so many Americans are losing everything is to create a new Democratic voting block.

Border security?

File that away with Medicare savings under Magic Unicorns.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO OPPOSE IMMIGRATION - UNLESS YOU'RE NATIVE AMERICAN - YOU TOO ARE THE SPAWN OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

You're in position to judge others.

I was born here. I'm an anchor baby.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
"Centuries" does not a legal deed make.
I didn't claim that it did, did I?

fact of the matter is those people in Europe have been their for centuries.
Unlike your ilk.

Quote:

Concentrate your own efforts at "cutting it", since you will have to learn Arabic extremely soon.
Plastic - thats a bot rich from your kind after your lot quit their native land.
If you and your ilk were any use, you'd have cut it in your native land.
Instead your lot quit.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I was born here. I'm an anchor baby.
But the question is where are your ancestors from?

Unless one is the descendant of the indigenous Native American, no one here can afford to be criticise immigrants.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
First off, NOTHing will happen with illegals entering this nation until we go after the source of the problem, those that hire illegals. That does not seem to be an option for either Repub or Demo lawmakers.
Here's an idea, bring Mexico into the Union. we get their natural resources, including oil, gold, silver and uranium. We get new states along with their citzens that increase the size of our nation and shorten our southern border by thousands of miles. WEe get Millions of new tax payers. We would be able to put an end to the fighting by the drug cartels, simply because our agents are not dirty. We would end the days of Mexico being a third world country and add their hard work ethic to our economy There are a lot of pluses, and yes some down sides also, but look at it this way, we have not stopped them from coming here and I see little possibility of that happening, forget fences they are nothing more than expensive symbols of our failure. Think on it, it would change any things for the better and at least we would be in control.
Casper

Old 11-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You miss my point - unless you're Native American, the fact is that you're all the spawn of illegal immigrants.

American settlers were illegal immigrants.
People who cut not cut it in their own countries too.

OK, I'll play.

What law was broken when Europeans landed here?

How could we have violated a law that didn't exist?

The Europeans took the land because they were able. We traveled here because we had ocean going ships. We subdued the native populations because we had the firearms with which to do so. We did nothing the Asians who crossed the Bering land bridge didn't also do. All of those people entered a populated continent and either lived peacefully with those already here, or they tried to displace those who came before them. The strongest tribes became numerous while the weaker ones faded away.

In 1776 we became a sovereign nation. We did this because we were able. The Native American tribes who sided with the British during the Revolutionary War had intended to, with the help of the British, subdue and displace us, but they failed. So now it's our nation. It's ours because we were able to hold it. The illegal immigrants who break our laws to come here are attempting to displace us economically. We shall see if they are strong enough to do so.

Last edited by momonkey; 11-14-2009 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
bush amnesty plan - Google Search

Short memories around here.
I'd be amazed if you can respond to a topic without bringing Bush into it.

I think the weed is finally getting to your brain after all these years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies