Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 AM

64 posts, read 109,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
How do you feel President Obama has handled his first 10 months in office?
He (and the Democrats in congress) is trying to do far too much and seems to have this sort of new worldly safe attitude of just seeing a problem and deciding the solution is more government, even though we've already had large growths in government and all it seems to buy is a bit of time and a lot of debt.

He is delivering on ending the Iraq war, his attempts at school reform I actually like and so he deserves praise for that but that pales in comparison to the enormous spending/regulation increases or proposed increases we've seen just about everywhere else.

As a moderate in Ohio, I give him just 2 out of 10, Bush probably was about a 4. Both parties need to get back to what they were in the 90's with figuring out how best to further reduce government while enjoying the prosperity that came from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I think his total lack of experience is showing. He seems to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. As much as I wish we had a Republican in the office, I did want him to succeed. I don't see that happening..

Nita

Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times
I'd give him a 5/10. He hasn't really did anything remarkable yet, but hasn't ****ed up yet. He has had only 1 year so its kinda early to judge, but so far Obama has been a disappointment. Bush would have gotten a 2/10 and I am being generous to him. I cannot think of one good thing Bush did in 8 years as president. Seriously, my friend and I had this conversation and we really tried to think of something positive Bush did, but couldn't. Hope Obama does better than Bush.

Last edited by joejitsu; 11-18-2009 at 12:30 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 12:11 PM

563 posts, read 518,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
What has he done that is not Constitutional?

Tired of hearing this garbage without any support...

I often wonder how critics hide behind the Constitution when it's obvious that they've never read it...
Okay Rhett,

Let me make this easy for you. I agree, sometimes people on any topic will post something and not back it up. Here is my questions to you. This is about Obama being re-elected.

Name ONE thing Mr. Obama has done for this economy or country that was followed through with!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I kind of agree with ozzie679 except for the leaving the country part.

O'bama is doing a decent job considering the circumstances. I had hoped he would pull our troops out of the wars and use the money to rebuild our domestic defense and energy infrastructure. I am also disappointed that he did not propose a single payer health care system supported by a progressive tax system. Maybe he will in his next term.
lol - it changes daily

Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,307,373 times
I wouls give Obama a 3 out of 10 since just about anything he has done has been a failure:
  • Cap and Trade: What a great idea! Especially when we have an unemployment rate of 10.2%, all we need is more taxes and higher energy costs
  • Cash for Clunkers: Total failure! Program had to be discontinued
  • Health Care Reform: What a great idea! Especially when small businesses are hesitant to hire, all we need is more uncertainty as to how much health care reform would cost small business owners
  • Stimulus Package- Supposed to keep unemployment under 8%, we currently have an unemployment rate of 10.2% and we added 1 trillion dollars to the debt.
Accomplishments so far : 0

Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,171 times
It's not what he's done or not done, but what he has threatened to do. It's what he stands for that scares me.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,870 times
If we grade him on a scale of 1 to 10 is it permissible to use minus numbers?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:43 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I wouls give Obama a 3 out of 10 since just about anything he has done has been a failure:
  • Cap and Trade: What a great idea! Especially when we have an unemployment rate of 10.2%, all we need is more taxes and higher energy costs
  • Cash for Clunkers: Total failure! Program had to be discontinued
  • Health Care Reform: What a great idea! Especially when small businesses are hesitant to hire, all we need is more uncertainty as to how much health care reform would cost small business owners
  • Stimulus Package- Supposed to keep unemployment under 8%, we currently have an unemployment rate of 10.2% and we added 1 trillion dollars to the debt.
Accomplishments so far : 0
I disagree with you on your asessment of C4C. It was a boon for dealers. I know two fairly large dealers (Chrysler and Ford) Both of them said they didn't know what they were going to do if the gov didn't enact C4C. Through their eyes it was a smashing success. Looking at the larger picture, I can see how someone who's not in the industry felt it was too expensive for what we got in return.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
There is not one thing he has done or proposed that I agree with or is Constitutional. He should be impeached immediately along with Biden and Pelosi. I don't think the Country can wait untill 1012 for elections. At least Pelosi will probably be voted out in 2010.
Unfortunately for Americans, Nancy Pelosi just about owns her district and will be voted in by her mind numbed constituents. They have to be the dumbest bunch in CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies