Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I will watch for the first tiem tonight. I can tell you if he lies I just will not return.
Does he get ratings good or bad ratings?
Why do you care about ratings?
Britney Spears has lots of Nr.1 hits, that doesn't mean she is a great musician.
Hitler's "Mein Kampf" is/was a book hit, doesn't mean it has good content.

Maybe some people rather read news than sit in front of the TV the whole day. That is what I keep asking myself anyways. Some people seem to watch Fox news 24/7. Don't these people have hobbies or some work to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,970 times
Default " Fox News" ..... Last Outlet Of Accurate Media Coverage" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is why the ratings are sky high..., but actually they make sense , so watch them...
Greetings,

The American People may well be rapidly approaching a period in their history when the entire conglomerate of National Media shall be effectively controlled by government directives ! Yes.... that dreaded day is perhaps only a few years away !

Now is the opportune time to take a close look at the outstanding Fox News Network ..... and their incredibly reliable and unbiased reporting on national as well as global events !!!

May we never forget the tremendous service Fox News folks like Glenn Beck, Bill O'Riley, Hannity and others rendered during their "Breaking News: segments regarding the " Nationally Disgraceful and
Embarrasing" ..... "Acorn Debacle" !!!

The few sadly inept folks whom continually "Whine & B*!#@" about the intense research and honest reporting by Fox News ..... most certainly have lost all contact with "Reality" and perhaps are possibly entirely oblivious of the great dangers that threaten the America People from within and without !

Keep on with your whining and complaining and maybe you'll get what you want .... A Chinese version of the media that went so far as to censure the American Presidents speech in their newspapers ..... "Sounds like a wonderful system does it not ???

Now is the time to take an extremely close look at Fox News and savor the fact that their does exist at least one last surviving reliable source of t.v. media news ! ... Publically support their efforts as they take a stand against those within the "Washington Political Circus" whom would willingly eliminate the "Freedom Of The Press".....

"Detractors of Fox News Beware" ..... Be extremely careful what you wish for in regards to todays media ..... you may just receive it and much more! Thanks / Lamar

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM

900 posts, read 672,742 times
Now that was funny! Nice one, Lamar!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM

900 posts, read 672,742 times
Quote:
So did you know if Oreilly gets good or bad ratings?

Compared to who or what? I'm guessing I'm as much in the dark about that as you are.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:58 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Now that was funny! Nice one, Lamar!
Greeting's

Thank you Angus !

Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM

340 posts, read 704,275 times
Quote:
No, he made up the bit about U.S. soldiers committing atrocities after Malmedy to cover his butt. I'm not sure why O'Reilly felt it necessary to trash and slander american G.I's, but he did. As a fan of his, perhaps you could explain it to me.

The lie he told was egregious. Anybody who knows even the basics about World War II is familiar with the Malmedy Massacre. Hell, you just had to watch 'Battle of the Bulge' with Henry Fonda to be aware of it.

He lied to make a point and got caught at it.

And he told the lie about massacred American Prisoners of War. Shameful.
Again, it was not a lie - he owned up to the fact that what he said was factually wrong then mentioned other atrocities committed by the US after Malmedy, see Dachau massacre - if you are a historian on WWII then you well know that atrocities occurred on all sides - before and after Malmedy and his statement is factually correct.

I say again - tell me in that statement where he 'lied' - should I define it for you again? or will you continue to cheapen the word by using it incorrectly?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Compared to who or what? I'm guessing I'm as much in the dark about that as you are.
I will watch and be weary of lies.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,555 times
Quote:
Does he get ratings good or bad ratings?
O'Reilly will often have better ratings than CNN,MSNBC and HL,the other three cable news networks,COMBINED.He absolutely destroys any opposition airing against him.This drives the left nuts,so they shriek and howl and make up excuses as to why this happens,or else they will just twist the numbers and completely deny it.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
If the left really thought they were liars and insignificant then wht rail on them everyday. If they are as you say why do you bother?
Good point. You'll get no answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and the like would ALL love to turn back the clock to the days when "happy negroes were in the fields picking cotton and singing spirituals and 'they' were on the front porch sipping mint juleps".
What rubbish. Clearly something you picked out of your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You are a person with an agenda, rather than an intelligent point.

I've seen hundreds of lies that the "gentlemen" you list have said, posted right here on C-D. You obviously don't care about facts, and only want to use a dumb talking point to score a point. Own goal.
Just because it's posted right here on C-D by liberals (hundreds of lies? hundreds?) doesn't mean it's true. Like the quote that brought race into this instead of offering an intelligent post - it's not true, and it's quite obvious that it isn't, and shows a lack of caring about facts.

It's also quite obvious that liberals love the word "lie" but don't know the meaning of it.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
I have never listened to these guys and would on some issues be labeled a right wing nut job.
having never really listened to them except clips here, I find the pure hate and character assassination the left does to these guys make me much more intrigued to start to listen to them. I see people call them liars but they never put down what they lied about.

I am starting to think that the left really has fear of them, otherwise they would not be the topic of attacks.
Might push me to wards watching them and see what they have to say.
Watch Beck one time and then spend the rest of your life kicking yourself in the butt for not doing it sooner.

The lefties here claim they watch Beck but they see only the same clips you mentioned and really don't know chit about him.

I never miss a day of him unless I have to spend the day on those long trips to a doctor or something like that. In fact, I am getting ready right now and he is over an hour away. Hell, he got three communists thrown out of the White House group and is working on the union leaders now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies