Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And if Nancy Pelosi had broken any laws when she voiced her OPINION then the right would have taken her to court, who are you trying to kid. Too much mud has been slung from both sides of the aisle so this 'tit for tat' is a wash. I don't undertand, however, how you have the guts to bring up Nancy using the term 'Nazis' when that has been such a constant drum roll coming out of the Teabaggers about Obama.
I have no guts. I'm gutless. However, if you want to discuss my guts, we can go to the health and wellness forum.

Back to topic: Honestly, you are mis-assessing my stance. I am certainly not justifying either side. I'm simply saying that the horse crap tends to flow from one side more than it does from the other side. And when it does flow from the other side, the reactions are far more hysterical. You have to understand that I am really anti-government, in general (at least what we've had in government since I've been old enough to think about it). I'd send us right back to square one: the constitution. We have too many agendas on both sides (but that's yet another topic). I'm just calling the hypocrisy first where I see it the most. It certainly doesn't mean the other side isn't almost just as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Exactly what do you think the honest dodo bird could accomplish with all those intelligent vipers just waiting around, ready to pounce??
Well, there you bring up an entirely different (and legitimate) point.

As in real life, the dodo would probably become extinct. But... at least the poor thing had some integrity.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You have to understand that I am really anti-government, in general.
Ahh, so you're a Libertarian? Well that would explain why you have you head planted firmly in your hind quarters.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,580,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
She has nothing to hide, bold, likable, smart, willing to drill, not into spending, lower taxes, more border patrol, bring all military home, and bring gold back to $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some people just can't stop dreaming !. Question ,Does any one really think that she would have been allowed to do the things she stated in her campaign, just as do you really think OBAMA is in controll ??

Old 12-26-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Ahh, so you're a Libertarian? Well that would explain why you have you head planted firmly in your hind quarters.
What explains your constant propensity to insult others? Did you get your ass kicked too many times as a lad? Rather than insulting, why don't you discuss the topics. I'm not being discussed. If you are so interested in me and want to discuss my anatomy, start a thread about it. ooIo

Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hell, yeah, it's funny. Considering the despot we have in office right now, a sea slug would make a better president. If it wasn't for our freedom being at stake, I'd laugh my ass off.
You are kidding...right.
Imagine a half wit like Palin flying a jumbo jet with your family on it or doing major surgery on you.......... FRIGHTENING thought.
Obama a Despot? Damn you really are stretching it now.
Palin would have us all Praying for salvation as a requirement to live in the USA.

Tell me how much experience Big O had before becoming president. How many actual work days at the federal level again??? True, he did have plenty of experience with the mafia types in Chicago and the domestic terrorist whackos from the sixties and seventies (who he now has in office right beside him). I guess that's experience, but it's not exactly the right kind of experience for the job.
Maybe you think not having any Parental Control or being corrupt or not having a clue about the World and politics or abandoning her voters half way through a term for personal gain good qualifications for President... If so then Palin is definately for you.

Last edited by geeoro; 12-26-2009 at 10:58 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 11:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Orly Taitz would kick Sarah Palin's butt in the intelligence department.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post

Imagine a half wit like Palin flying a jumbo jet with your family on it or doing major surgery on you.......... FRIGHTENING thought.
Obama a Despot? Damn you really are stretching it now.
Palin would have us all Praying for salvation as a requirement to live in the USA.

Maybe you think not having any Parental Control or being corrupt or not having a clue about the World and politics or abandoning her voters half way through a term for personal gain good qualifications for President... If so then Palin is definately for you
Do you honestly think Palin would have mandated prayer? You say I'm stretching it, but don't you think that is also stretching it? Look, I'm not saying Palin would have made a good president. But I'm very unhappy with the man in the seat right now. I do not agree with the direction he is taking the country; you do. We both have our views and the right to express them. But, seriously, your statement is stretching it just as far as I did. There is no way she could have mandated prayer in everyone's household, and I'd doubt she would really care to.

As far as you commenting on her 'morals' (the parental comment), look at the behavior of a certain past president and tell me his morals were stellar. I know it's tit-for-tat sort of thing, but the point is, neither side has any leverage when discussing morals. Most every politician is slimy in that regard--on both sides of the aisle.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,033,469 times
She's a nut. We've enough nutty politicians.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:33 PM

839 posts, read 982,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Maybe you think not having any Parental Control or being corrupt or not having a clue about the World and politics or abandoning her voters half way through a term for personal gain good qualifications for President... If so then Palin is definately for you.
This has nothing to do with the substance of your post but... could you not post with a big, blocky red font? It's hard on the eyes and it makes it harder to take you seriously (honestly, it looks like a fond a teenager would choose to use... no offense!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies