Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,644,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Geeee, is that all it takes to "make your day"?

That's all. And....get off your high horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:12 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Well, enjoy.
Why Thank you. I will enjoy

And the world now has one less animal. Something else to be happy about

Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,217,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
That's all. And....get off your high horse.
Well, maybe, if you're lucky, there'll be a high-profile shooting every day, and then you can have an endless succession of immediate gratification days/moments.

Maybe I'm just different; for some reason, shootings in the street and multiple killings just don't make me all that happy.

Perhaps you would do well to find a "high horse"........to take you to a different level of emotion and you wouldn't need those high-profile shootings and killings to make your day.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,730 times
I'm in no way pro-cop but this guy got what he deserved. And let's all face it even if the cops kicked the door in and he was there with his hands up, he was going to get it. Can't say I blame them.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why Thank you. I will enjoy

And the world now has one less animal. Something else to be happy about
You know, I think extinction of species in the animal kingdom is actually a problem.

Does it make you happier to classify people as "animals".......does that make you feel more justified at your delight in so much death?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I'm in no way pro-cop but this guy got what he deserved. And let's all face it even if the cops kicked the door in and he was there with his hands up, he was going to get it. Can't say I blame them.
But I still see absolutely no reason for people to be "rejoicing" at 5 killings. I just like to see the legal system work. However, I never expected that that guy would be arrested.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You know, I think extinction of species in the animal kingdom is actually a problem.

Does it make you happier to classify people as "animals".......does that make you feel more justified at your delight in so much death?
This individual WAS (past tense) an ANIMAL.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
But I still see absolutely no reason for people to be "rejoicing" at 5 killings. .

You have it very wrong.

"We" are rejoicing at only ONE (1) Death - that of the scumbag cop killer.

It IS something to rejoice.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
This individual WAS (past tense) an ANIMAL.
Whatever you say...........whatever you need to justify your delight in death.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
You have it very wrong.

"We" are rejoicing at only ONE (1) Death - that of the scumbag cop killer.

It IS something to rejoice.
Oh, does it add to your delight to depersonalize?

There were 5 DEATHS. I find it interesting that there has been next to no demonstration of respect for the deaths of the four police officers......just cheering like at a football game touchdown for the killing of the one person. Not really that rational. Just emotion talking. Did killing that man bring those dead officers back to life? Did anyone ever stop to think that there are people out there who were family members of the killer? Why do they deserve to pay such a painful price for him now?

Like I said, for some reason death just doesn't make me all that happy. And if I look at the postings on this board, it would certainly seem that something must be wrong with me because I just can't get all worked up and happy about death. Hmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies