Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
But there's a massacre that happend in only 1 week that killed more than 8,000 muslims at the hands of Christians.

So which one is worse? I would say killing more than 8,000 people in 1 week is not a joke.
Where? When?

If the Taliban and Al Queda are against "true Islam" why aren't there thousands and thousands of Muslims in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan teaching them Taliban and "foreign fighters" what Islam is supposed to be? Instead, the borders have to be guarded against "foreign fighters" from entering to fight the "crusaders" who rape Muslim women.

Dude, go back to your Mosque. Dream up an issue with some substance.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Quote:
Which reformation ru talking about? why are your troops killing, torturing and raping innocent muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Where is your religion of peace, what happend to helping out the poor people instead of massacring them?

Dont talk like you know what your talking about, because your soldiers are making their lives a living hell right now. Which muslim country are your troops going to head to next to commit the same evil acts?

Sadly a lot of muslims suffered enough in the hands of your troops, a lot of muslims in Afghanistan, and Iraq think about Christianity the same why you guys think about Islam.
There's a huge flipside to this coin. Sure, Muslims have indeed 'suffered' at the hands of US soldiers.

BUT

Muslims themselves have also suffered at the hands of EXTREMISTS (in which they wholly align themselves with their hardcore interpretation of Islam)

Additionally, Iraq under Saddam, while most of its population was Islamic, held a widely secular government. The wars are not based on religious pretexts

Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times
Quote:
Thats not about Rwanda, its about bosnia.
Opps.

Still in regards to Bosnia, I already mentioned: (a huge porportion of Bosnia fighters) were mujahedeen, Al-Qaeda and other foreign born muslim jiahdists who were fighting as allies on the side of Bosnia against Yugoslavia/Serbs.

Here are some other reasons the West is disdainful of muslims:

Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM

731 posts, read 776,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Because of a lack of education combined with high birth rates.
So you're saying people who convert to Islam lack education lol, do you know what you're Christian missionaries in Africa to Muslims, half of these missionaires groups you see when they go to Africa they only help the Christians they dont help any muslims, some muslims starve to death and they dont even offer them anything, so thats why sometimes you would find some Muslims convert just because of the things they would from the missionaries if they convert to christianity.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times
Quote:
Ok and what did these innocent people do to get killed?
Why were Chechens, Arabs, Afghans, Al-Qeada, Jiahdists, other islamic fundalmentalists, and various other foreign born muslims doing in Bosnia? Leading "innocent lives" and buidling families I'm sure. HAAHAHAHAHA.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Where? When?

If the Taliban and Al Queda are against "true Islam" why aren't there thousands and thousands of Muslims in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan teaching them Taliban and "foreign fighters" what Islam is supposed to be? Instead, the borders have to be guarded against "foreign fighters" from entering to fight the "crusaders" who rape Muslim women.

Dude, go back to your Mosque. Dream up an issue with some substance.
Taliban is diffrent than Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda screwed the Taliban over, the Taliban helped and improved Afghanistan in a lot of ways.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Why were Chechens, Arabs, Afghans, Al-Qeada, Jiahdists, other islamic fundalmentalists, and various other foreign born muslims doing in Bosnia? Leading "innocent lives" and buidling families I'm sure. HAAHAHAHAHA.
What about the 200,000 people were killed, 12,000 of them children, up to 50,000 women were raped, and 2.2 million were forced to flee their homes. This was a veritable genocide and sociocide? Oh so ru going to tell me that they these were with Al-Qaeda too?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Possibly. Look at My Lai. Our troops are good at killing innocent unarmed people.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:17 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
What about the 200,000 people were killed, 12,000 of them children, up to 50,000 women were raped, and 2.2 million were forced to flee their homes. This was a veritable genocide and sociocide? Oh so ru going to tell me that they these were with Al-Qaeda too?
Mrhman, you just fail to understand the concepts of war. Do you know anything about Bosnia or Kosovo? The ridiculous double standard associated with these two entities is astounding.

In Bosnia the country has been split in two, one of the areas is called Republika Sprska. This area right after the Bosnian war was about 96% ethnic serbs, today it is still almost 90% ethnic serbs. It has been calling for independence ever since the war, but the international community is forcing Bosnia to stay together even though the country is torn apart religiously and ethnically.

On the other hand you have Kosovo which was a part of Serbia, but is dominated by muslims. Kosovo is now in almost all ways independent, with most of the EU recognizing it as its own country.

The war broke out after Yugoslavia dissolved when the Soviet Union collapsed. It was a fight for control of the country. The Serbs were already in Bosnia, as were the Croatians. It wasn't a takeover of a country by outsiders, it was a move to seize control of a country who was already populated by Serbs.

As for the ethnic cleansing, it was a relatively isolated incident and it didn't come from Milosevic himself. But there was a genuine desire for the "removal" of bosniaks from the region that the serbs felt like should be theirs. The problem was, many muslims from outside the country did come to Bosnia to "defend" their brethren, and the city in question where the genocide occured had swelled in population as a move by the muslims to hold the city that they felt like was theirs.

What I always think is funny about the situation is how Americans tend to believe we were trying to help the muslims, but we weren't. We actually supported the Croatians who were allied with the Bosniaks against the Serbs. Because the Croatians were Roman catholic, the Serbs are Eastern Orthodox(like the Russians). Helping the muslims was just a part of helping the croatians.

As for the mounting death toll from the war, you have to put it into perspective, IT WAS A WAR. I fail to remember any wars where people of all ages didn't get killed, all wars women get raped, and people become refugees from the violence. Its a sad truth of war.

Could the war have been prevented? Maybe. But it wasn't like the Bosniaks then or now have done anything to prevent it. Bosnia which was mostly Muslim, wanted to keep the country together instead of breaking it apart, because they(being the majority) would have control of the country. They still today are fighting to hold the country together because Sarajevo is the capitol and it is in a Bosniak controlled area. Like I mentioned before, Kosovo wants to break off because it is muslims in a Serb controlled country. Honestly, I don't blame the people of Kosovo for wanting to break off, I know I would also. But I also think its fair that Republika Sprska should also be able to break off.

The only way the war could have been avoided, was by mutually deciding to break Bosnia up, or ceding parts of Bosnia to Serbia and parts to Croatia. But the Bosniaks wouldn't give up anything and still won't.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 11-30-2009 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies