Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 PM

731 posts, read 776,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Let me guess, you're a secret CIA operative who defected and you want to get the "real" story out here on CD. No?
i prefer the taliban over the current government and here's why:

First of all the situation in Afghanistan was better under the Taliban, do you know why?

Well the crime rates were very very low in which afghans did not have for more than 20 years.

women were not prone to rape like they do now.

they only executed criminals and rapists in public from 1996-99 then they stopped doing it in public,

they didnt kill innocent people like the NATO forces do,

life expectancy for both genders was higher under the Taliban,

The unemployment rate under the Taleban was 8% and now its 40%. This occupation is not helping the Afghans in any way.

in July, 2000 the Taliban banned the growing of opium and the production went down by 91%, the ban was so effective that Helmend province recorded no poppy cultivation during the 2001 season

Taliban also knew how to keep the drug problem under control and crack down on drug addicts in Afghanistan, Today 2-4% of the Afghan population are drug addicts.

If you guys actulley want to know who the real murderers and corrupted officials are then you can find them in the current afghan government, your own government supports these criminals, for an example Hamid Karzai’s brother Ahmed Wali Karzai makes 90% from the Opium production in southern afghanistan and he still gets paid by the CIA. Yes i can agree with you people that the Taliban make money from the opium production today, but they only make 10% from it. So stop believing the lies you hear in the news.

Im not a supporter of the Taliban but in the last 30 years the Taliban was the best government the Afghans could ever have. I could tell you that they had stupid rules and thats true, but their positive impacts outweighed the current government’s positive impacts and the current government’s negative impacts outweighes the taliban’s negative impacts.

Before 1996 the afghans never expected to live a life with really low crime rates, they only dreamed to have a life like that.

The Northen alliance was brutal group that raped women and murdered anyone they saw on the streets, they didnt care who you were. They ruled afghanistan from 1992-96 and they were 10 times worse than the taliban. But guess what? the northen alliance are in the government now, do you know why? Because they supported the USA, this basically means that if you support the USA, you will be safe, even if you commit crimes.

During the Taliban days it was so safe that you go out in the middle of the night and walk on the streets with a bag full of money and no one would dare to steal it. Even some people left their stores open and no one woud steal anything

Even the Afghan hindus and sikhs had a better life under the taliban because they were not harrased by muslims and their lands were not taken by anyone. A lot of hindus and sikhs say now they feel more oppressed and isolated today than they did under the taliban, plus sometimes even their lands gets taken by powerful people. Today these sikhs and hindus dont even have a proper place for cremation!

For the women's rights i could agree with you people on some parts but there are some things i want to point out, first some girls were allowed to go to schools by 2000-2001, Women were allowed take study the medicine facility under the taliban which i know 90% percent dont know about. Eventually things were going to change and improve, but the U.S. ruined the country and im not surprised by that.

If you tell me the Taleban had no human rights then even the current government dosent have human rights too because they arrest and torture innocent Afghans without a reason.

Bagram Prison is a prison run by the U.S. in Afghanistan, this prison is similar to Guantanamo Bay, but this prison has Innocent Afghans who have been jailed and tortured without a charge, it even has inmates who are under 18. All of this happens in Afghanistan and this is one of the reasons why NATO will not win this war because they jail and torture innocent Afghans in their homeland. WHERE ARE THE HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS?!!

Sadly today the U.S. and NATO kill innocent Afghans all the time just because they think these innocents are the Taliban, and most of these afghans that die are women and children. So plz tell me, what did the afghan women and children gain since the invasion other than being bombed by the troops and raped by the local warlords who dont get arrested because of their connections with Karzai’s government.

Today if you go to Afghanistan and ask any random afghans about who they prefer to have as a government then they would tell you that they prefer the Taliban over the current government.

Today Afghanistan is in a better condition than before 1996 is because of the Taliban, if it wasn't for the Taliban, the situation in Afghanistan would be similar to Somalia or worse.

As of for the current war After Obama sent 20,000-30,000 troops to Afghanistan, the Taliban got stronger than ever and now they operate on 80% of the country.

Most Afghans are supporting the Taleban, there is only 25,000 Taleban and 105,000 NATO and they still cant eliminate the Taleban so now they're begging the Taleban to join the Afghan government. This clearly shows that U.S./NATO are losing this war and that most afghans are against this occupation. If the Afghans didnt support the Taleban then the Taleban would have been gone by 6 or 7 years ago.

The sad thing about NATO and the U.S. is that they're spending millions of dollars in Afghanistan to ensure its supply convoys get through – and it's the Taliban who profit. BTW thats how the Taleban make most of their money.

All i wanna say you people need to get your facts straight about the Taleban and stop listening to CNN and BBC News because they're bias and sadly a lot of people believe them.

The sad thing about this war is most people in the west think that these Afghans have their freedoms but what happens in that country is the opposite of what you guys think, there is still no HUMAN RIGHTS!! in Afghanistan.

I just wanted to add a couple more things,

Afghanistan's gross domestic product (GDP) by the year of 2000 when it was still under the Taliban was 18,231 and ranked 93rd.
As of now Afghanistan's gross domestic product by the year 2008 is 12,061 and its ranked 116.

Afghanistan's Per capita rate by the year of 2000 when it was still under the Taliban was 704 and ranked 183.
But as of now Afghanistan's Per Capita's rate by the year of 2008 is 700 and its ranked 184.

Afghanistan is not improving under this occupation in anyway, but sadly people think differently and there is no way Afghanistan would improve under Karzai's corrupted government.

Afghanistan was improving and becoming a better country under the Taliban and as i said before Afghanistan was going to change to the better over the coming years if the U.S. didn't invade the country.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:25 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
So its modernised?
No you are not understanding the differences between Christianity and Islam.

In Christianity, the violence was in the jewish bible, Jesus Christ was a jew. Christians just like jews and muslims are all religions "of the book" of moses. Which is why people always say that we all pray to the same god, the god of moses. Moses foretold that a prophet would come to earth. Christians believe the prophet was Jesus Christ, Muslims believe the prophet to be Muhammad.

What makes Christians a Christian and not a jew, is their belief that Jesus Christ lived and died for our sins, we follow his new laws he preached during his time here, like the sermon on the mount. To be a Christian is to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and that Christ was "perfect". The muslims also say that Christ did live and he was perfect, but they don't believe he was the son of god.

Jesus wanted us to do as he did, he did not cause wars, he did not judge others, he did not believe in killing anyone, he preached love thy enemy. He rejected any form of war as a method to spread Christianity.

On the other hand you have Islam. Which through the teachings of the Koran and Qu'ran believe in wars to spread Islam, they also believe in stonings, and forcing all other religions to submit to them and pay the jizyah tax. The goal of Islam is to take over the world and impose Sharia law on all humans.

If you believe Christianity has been "modernized", then you aren't referring to Christianity as being modernized Christianity, it would be modernized Judhaism. And Christianity predates Islam by about 600 years, wouldn't Islam be more "modernized"?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hounour killing is not allowed in Islam, this is a cultural thing that have been continuing for a long time but eventually it will go away because its against Islam. These things happen among hindus, sikh, etc too

Old 11-30-2009, 05:29 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:

First of all the situation in Afghanistan was better under the Taliban, do you know why?

Well the crime rates were very very low in which afghans did not have for more than 20 years.

they only executed criminals and rapists in public from 1996-99 then they stopped doing it in public,

The unemployment rate under the Taleban was 8% and now its 40%. This occupation is not helping the Afghans in any way.

in July, 2000 the Taliban banned the growing of opium and the production went down by 91%, the ban was so effective that Helmend province recorded no poppy cultivation during the 2001 season

Taliban also knew how to keep the drug problem under control and crack down on drug addicts in Afghanistan, Today 2-4% of the Afghan population are drug addicts.

If you guys actulley want to know who the real murderers and corrupted officials are then you can find them in the current afghan government, your own government supports these criminals, for an example Hamid Karzai’s brother Ahmed Wali Karzai makes 90% from the Opium production in southern afghanistan and he still gets paid by the CIA. Yes i can agree with you people that the Taliban make money from the opium production today, but they only make 10% from it. So stop believing the lies you hear in the news.

Im not a supporter of the Taliban but in the last 30 years the Taliban was the best government the Afghans could ever have. I could tell you that they had stupid rules and thats true, but their positive impacts outweighed the current government’s positive impacts and the current government’s negative impacts outweighes the taliban’s negative impacts.

Before 1996 the afghans never expected to live a life with really low crime rates, they only dreamed to have a life like that.

The Northen alliance was brutal group that raped women and murdered anyone they saw on the streets, they didnt care who you were. They ruled afghanistan from 1992-96 and they were 10 times worse than the taliban. But guess what? the northen alliance are in the government now, do you know why? Because they supported the USA, this basically means that if you support the USA, you will be safe, even if you commit crimes.

During the Taliban days it was so safe that you go out in the middle of the night and walk on the streets with a bag full of money and no one would dare to steal it. Even some people left their stores open and no one woud steal anything

Even the Afghan hindus and sikhs had a better life under the taliban because they were not harrased by muslims and their lands were not taken by anyone. A lot of hindus and sikhs say now they feel more oppressed and isolated today than they did under the taliban, plus sometimes even their lands gets taken by powerful people. Today these sikhs and hindus dont even have a proper place for cremation!

For the women's rights i could agree with you people on some parts but there are some things i want to point out, first some girls were allowed to go to schools by 2000-2001, Women were allowed take study the medicine facility under the taliban which i know 90% percent dont know about. Eventually things were going to change and improve, but the U.S. ruined the country and im not surprised by that.

If you tell me the Taleban had no human rights then even the current government dosent have human rights too because they arrest and torture innocent Afghans without a reason.

Bagram Prison is a prison run by the U.S. in Afghanistan, this prison is similar to Guantanamo Bay, but this prison has Innocent Afghans who have been jailed and tortured without a charge, it even has inmates who are under 18. All of this happens in Afghanistan and this is one of the reasons why NATO will not win this war because they jail and torture innocent Afghans in their homeland. WHERE ARE THE HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS?!!

Sadly today the U.S. and NATO kill innocent Afghans all the time just because they think these innocents are the Taliban, and most of these afghans that die are women and children. So plz tell me, what did the afghan women and children gain since the invasion other than being bombed by the troops and raped by the local warlords who dont get arrested because of their connections with Karzai’s government.

Today if you go to Afghanistan and ask any random afghans about who they prefer to have as a government then they would tell you that they prefer the Taliban over the current government.

Today Afghanistan is in a better condition than before 1996 is because of the Taliban, if it wasn't for the Taliban, the situation in Afghanistan would be similar to Somalia or worse.

As of for the current war After Obama sent 20,000-30,000 troops to Afghanistan, the Taliban got stronger than ever and now they operate on 80% of the country.

Most Afghans are supporting the Taleban, there is only 25,000 Taleban and 105,000 NATO and they still cant eliminate the Taleban so now they're begging the Taleban to join the Afghan government. This clearly shows that U.S./NATO are losing this war and that most afghans are against this occupation. If the Afghans didnt support the Taleban then the Taleban would have been gone by 6 or 7 years ago.

The sad thing about NATO and the U.S. is that they're spending millions of dollars in Afghanistan to ensure its supply convoys get through – and it's the Taliban who profit. BTW thats how the Taleban make most of their money.

All i wanna say you people need to get your facts straight about the Taleban and stop listening to CNN and BBC News because they're bias and sadly a lot of people believe them.

The sad thing about this war is most people in the west think that these Afghans have their freedoms but what happens in that country is the opposite of what you guys think, there is still no HUMAN RIGHTS!! in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan's gross domestic product (GDP) by the year of 2000 when it was still under the Taliban was 18,231 and ranked 93rd.
As of now Afghanistan's gross domestic product by the year 2008 is 12,061 and its ranked 116.

Afghanistan's Per capita rate by the year of 2000 when it was still under the Taliban was 704 and ranked 183.
But as of now Afghanistan's Per Capita's rate by the year of 2008 is 700 and its ranked 184.

Afghanistan is not improving under this occupation in anyway, but sadly people think differently and there is no way Afghanistan would improve under Karzai's corrupted government.

Afghanistan was improving and becoming a better country under the Taliban and as i said before Afghanistan was going to change to the better over the coming years if the U.S. didn't invade the country.
You are wasting your breath telling me why you like the Taliban. They kept law and order by fear and torture, if it was up to me Afghanistan would have white parking lines painted all across it. It's time they step into the modern world

Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:

Like I said......any woman with half a brain. She is obviously missing something.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?
Got to remember the audience that you have here.

Rightwing, American.
Low IQ, little or no awareness of the world.
Low attention span.
The site is populated by underemployed/unemployable posters.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Hounour killing is not allowed in Islam, this is a cultural thing that have been continuing for a long time but eventually it will go away because its against Islam. These things happen among hindus, sikh, etc too

Then why is this in Sharia Law?? Are you gonna say that Sharia is not Muslim either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Like I said......any woman with half a brain. She is obviously missing something.
20,000 americans convert to Islam annually, and the females outnumber the males.

1,519 posts, read 1,633,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelito View Post
Jesus is their prophet, not God.
Allah = God. Same.

I bet people don't realize that Jesus is mentioned in the Qu'ran as a prophet, just not THE prophet.
Jesus Christ is God according to Roman Catholic doctrine.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:37 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,435 times
Quote:

Are you their spokesmen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.