Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
So your saying because of that Muslims are bad, ok what about the genocide that happend in Rawanda that killed up to 800,000 in the early 1990s, wasn't it commited by Christians?
Rwanda had nothing to do with religion.

It was all tribal the Hutu and Tutsi go read about it.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM

731 posts, read 776,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
No. You asked why we dislike Muslims and I provided you an example why we do. There's no reported kidnapping of Muslims by a Christian and who repeatedly raped the muslim for two years while waiting on a ransom payment all based and because of ideology.
But there's a massacre that happend in only 1 week that killed more than 8,000 muslims at the hands of Christians.

So which one is worse? I would say killing more than 8,000 people in 1 week is not a joke.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And so you believe it's a Christian against Muslim war.

So typical.
No not really, im just giving you true facts.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
What about the ethic cleansing that happend in 1995 in Bosnia that killed more than 8,000 muslims by Christians in 1 week.
You mean mujahedeen, Al-Qaeda and other foreign born muslim fighters who were fighting as allies on the side of Bosnia against Yugoslavia/Serbs? You KNOW mujahedeen were involved in that war.

"Many members of the Kosovo Liberation Army were sent for training in terrorist camps in Afghanistan," said James Bissett, former Canadian ambassador to Yugoslavia and an expert on the Balkans.

The arrival in the Balkans of the so-called Afghan Arabs, who are from various Middle Eastern states and linked to al-Qaeda, began in 1992 soon after the war in Bosnia. According to Lenard Cohen, professor of political science at Simon Fraser University, mujahedeen fighters who travelled to Afghanistan to resist the Soviet occupation in the 1980s later "migrated to Bosnia hoping to assist their Islamic brethren in a struggle against Serbian [and for a time] Croatian forces."

The Bosnian Muslims welcomed their assistance. After the Bosnian war, "hundreds of Bosnian passports were provided to the mujahedeen by the Muslim-controlled government in Sarajevo," said Prof. Cohen in a recent article titled Bin Laden and the war in the Balkans. Many al-Qaeda members decided to stay in the region after marrying local Muslim women, he said.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world?
Because of a lack of education combined with high birth rates.

Last edited by mossomo; 11-30-2009 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Dont talk about Muslims, when Hitler who was a christian massacred 6,000,000 JEWS!!, so does that make me hate Christians? NO, what about the KKK who murdered blacks and jews, did that make me hate Christians? NO.

Now Al-qaeda is a terrorist organization they killed a lot of people, does that make me thing wrong about muslims in general? NO
Are most muslims murderers or terrorists? No. I never said that they were.

However, countries like Saudia Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran have their religion (Islam) completely intertwined with their politics and their culture. And that is not a good thing and that is something that I fear happening in the US whether it be Islam or Christianity, I really don't care.

The point I was trying to make was that there is a difference betweening murderers who are christian and murderers who kill in christs name. Just like there is a difference between murderers who are muslim and murderers who kill in the name of allah. True, people end up just as dead --- but it is the motivation I am talking about. The KKK killed out of racist hatred. Al Quada killed out of religious intolerance. Also, no pastor/reverend/pope whitewashed the evil done by the KKK or by skinheads or by rudolph. There were many imams who completely agreed with 9/11 and other terrorist bombings. They teach it --- there was a story recently about an imam in the UK who was preaching terrorism in the mosque. Why? Because he said it was the duty of every muslim man. Does that sound familiar to you? You are muslim -- if you went to a mosque and an imam was preaching that, what would you do? Ignore it, confront the imam, or believe it?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
No not really, im just giving you true facts.
I think Muslims are looking to fight a religious war with Christians to save face for losing the crusades.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
200,000 people were killed, 12,000 of them children, up to 50,000 women were raped, and 2.2 million were forced to flee their homes... These were all Muslims who were murdered, raped, and forced to flee their homes at the hands of Christians.
Not true!

Tutsi Religion: Predominantly Roman Catholicism, Minority Islam

Wapedia - Wiki: Tutsi

Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Not true!

Tutsi Religion: Predominantly Roman Catholicism, Minority Islam

Wapedia - Wiki: Tutsi
Thats not about Rwanda, its about bosnia.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
You mean mujahedeen, Al-Qaeda and other foreign born muslim fighters who were fighting as allies on the side of Bosnia against Yugoslavia/Serbs? You KNOW mujahedeen were involved in that war.

"Many members of the Kosovo Liberation Army were sent for training in terrorist camps in Afghanistan," said James Bissett, former Canadian ambassador to Yugoslavia and an expert on the Balkans.

The arrival in the Balkans of the so-called Afghan Arabs, who are from various Middle Eastern states and linked to al-Qaeda, began in 1992 soon after the war in Bosnia. According to Lenard Cohen, professor of political science at Simon Fraser University, mujahedeen fighters who travelled to Afghanistan to resist the Soviet occupation in the 1980s later "migrated to Bosnia hoping to assist their Islamic brethren in a struggle against Serbian [and for a time] Croatian forces."

The Bosnian Muslims welcomed their assistance. After the Bosnian war, "hundreds of Bosnian passports were provided to the mujahedeen by the Muslim-controlled government in Sarajevo," said Prof. Cohen in a recent article titled Bin Laden and the war in the Balkans. Many al-Qaeda members decided to stay in the region after marrying local Muslim women, he said.
Ok and what did these innocent people do to get killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.