Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Which reformation ru talking about? why is your troops killing, toruring and raping innocent muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Where is your religion of peace, what happend to helping out the poor people istead of massacring them?
Just because they're from the USA or other countries doesn't mean their doing it out of religion. It's the idiot leaders of the countries and corporations that promote the wars.

Remember: Western nations are NOT run by religions, but rather, people, some of whom happen to be religious. Wars are not waged on religious grounds in the West. This is why we think your nations are backwards and stuck in the Medieval era.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Just because they're from the USA or other countries doesn't mean their doing it out of religion. It's the idiot leaders of the countries and corporations that promote the wars.

Remember: Western nations are NOT run by religions, but rather, people, some of whom happen to be religious. Wars are not waged on religious grounds in the West. This is why we think your nations are backwards and stuck in the Medieval era.
I want you to explain to me, why a lot of your soldiers are trying to lure muslims into converting to Christianity by giving them money, food, houses why cant they just help even if they're muslims. Why are your soldiers trying to spread bibles in Afghanistan and Iraq which worsens the situation even more.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:18 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Quote:
I want you to explain to me, why a lot of your soldiers are trying to lure muslims into converting to Christianity by giving them money, food, houses why cant they just help even if they're muslims. Why are your soldiers trying to spread bibles in Afghanistan and Iraq which worsens the situation even more.
Firstly they aren't trying to lure them to Christianity with money, food, houses, etc. They're doing so to rebuild the nations and give it back freely. Who is giving you this info? It is military policy NOT to force a religion on a people. The military leader's aren't stupid. If they want to win the fight, they have to allow the people in the areas they occupy to freely worship whatever they believe in.

If it's individuals giving out bibles ... that isn't good, but the Army cannot force every one of some 125,000 soldiers to not do this. Could you imagine spending the resources to do that? Some of them are overzealous Christians? They are acting as individuals.

This is the thing that most people in other parts of the non-Western world fail to realize. Individual freedoms and living with the consequences is part of what defines the West. Further, it is impossible to force 125,000 soldiers to not do this as some will find ways to smuggle it in.

One thing is for sure it is not the military policy to promote one religion over another.

Now that I've answered your question, how about you answer mine?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
assuming they do, in fact, understand it....
What? Nobody understands nuttin"?

Is that where your are?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
The only answer is to live apart.

I mean that.

We need to leave the middle east tomorrow pulling every troop out immediately. Let middle eastern countries do whatever the heck they want. They want to squander billions on military, building nuclear bombs? Let them, I really don't care.

Unfortunate for America our leaders didn't heed the words of George Washington in his farewell address.

Washington's Farewell Address 1796

Quote:
Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy to be useful must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests.
I will take the advice of Washington any day over the advice of leaders we're endured the last 100 years.

And while we are at it why do Muslims insist on building Mosques all over Europe? Hmmmm? When is the last time a Christian church has been built in say Saudi Arabia, Iran or even Iraq or Yemen?

We are a separate people with different ideals and beliefs and we would both be better off to just admit we will never be able to reconcile our differences.

I'll do you one better, we should never have gotten involved in Afghanistan in the 1980's and it was a mistake to get involved in 1992 when the peace loving Muslim or Iraq invaded Kuwait and would have continued into large parts of Saudi Arabia if the US wasn't there to bail out yet another corrupt regime.

So, my friend, you and I are in total agreement. How about that?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:26 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Extremism- You mean the images/perception that CNN and other news outlets want you to see?

Or are you speaking from a perspective of actually having been involved with the Muslim communities and lifestyle?

If you were to spend time with the Muslim communities you'd probably feel much different.
well, blowing up people doesn't help the image, but on a side note, there is extremism in all cultures. kinda why cultures and folks of different backgrounds shy away from each other. they think the worst because it's all they hear about.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladihawkae View Post
well, blowing up people does't help the image, but on a side note, there is extremism in all cultures. kinda why cultures and folks of different backgrounds shy away from each other. they think the worst because it's all they hear about.
Baloney!

When is the last time a Christian strapped on a bomb only to run into a crowded restaurant to detonate it?

When is the last time America gave the Muslim government of Indonesia hundreds of millions to rebuild after a Tsunami? Opps, sorry bout that.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
It has already bee stated but....what is there to like about Islam?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Firstly they aren't trying to lure them to Christianity with money, food, houses, etc. They're doing so to rebuild the nations and give it back freely. Who is giving you this info? It is military policy NOT to force a religion on a people. The military leader's aren't stupid. If they want to win the fight, they have to allow the people in the areas they occupy to freely worship whatever they believe in.

If it's individuals giving out bibles ... that isn't good, but the Army cannot force every one of some 125,000 soldiers to not do this. Could you imagine spending the resources to do that? Some of them are overzealous Christians? They are acting as individuals.

This is the thing that most people in other parts of the non-Western world fail to realize. Individual freedoms and living with the consequences is part of what defines the West. Further, it is impossible to force 125,000 soldiers to not do this as some will find ways to smuggle it in.

One thing is for sure it is not the military policy to promote one religion over another.

Now that I've answered your question, how about you answer mine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVGmbzDLq5c

Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Baloney!

When is the last time a Christian strapped on a bomb only to run into a crowded restaurant and detonate it?
i never said that. just that there are extremists. only put it in the same paragraph. sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies