Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
There are churches and bibles inside the compounds because a lot of Christians when they come to work they stay in the compounds. BTW i lived in Saudi Arabia so i know what im talking about.
There are no legal and open churches in Saudi Arabia.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
There are churches and bibles inside the compounds because a lot of Christians when they come to work they stay in the compounds. BTW i lived in Saudi Arabia so i know what im talking about.
Bibles, Crucifixes Not Allowed into Saudi Arabia

Quote:
If you are planning a trip to Saudi Arabia as the summer days wind down, you may want to think twice before taking your Bible with you. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as it is officially called, reportedly bans foreigners from bringing in Bibles, crucifixes, Stars of David and other religious non-Islamic items.

snip
But you and I don't have any fight in this. I think we would both agree Saudi Arabia has a right to ban churches and keep bibles out... I don't see a problem with that. It is a sign of respect towards Islam.

I would just ask Muslims to show the same respect by not bringing Korans and build mosques in Europe or America showing the same respect towards Christianity as we show towards Islam.

Right?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:55 PM

731 posts, read 776,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Bibles, Crucifixes Not Allowed into Saudi Arabia

But you and I don't have any fight in this. I think we would both agree Saudi Arabia has a right to ban churches and keep bibles out... I don't see a problem with that. It is a sign of respect towards Islam.

I would just ask Muslims to show the same respect by not bringing Korans and build mosques in Europe or America showing the same respect towards Christianity as we show towards Islam.

Right?
Lol i lived in Saudi Arabia and this law is not enforced trust me i wouldn't lie about something like that. Also almost every muslim country have a church today.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:56 PM

You are wrong,for some reason you insist we believe you rather than the actual laws of Saudi Arabia.

It is illegal to openly practice Christianity.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Tough subject as I'am a christian,but I'll give it a whirl. Firstly, anyone who literally hate Islam are ignorant.
I am far from ignorant.

Muslims don't have a problem with any of this it is we Christians who have the problem.

Our big mistake, and I apologize to Muslims everywhere for this, is we believe in the cult of multiculturalism. We stupidly embrace "diversity" which reminds me of this quote from Thomas Sowell:

Quote:
"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."

— Thomas Sowell
Muslims, go home!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You are wrong,for some reason you insist we believe you rather than the actual laws of Saudi Arabia.

It is illegal to openly practice Christianity.
A lot of laws are not enforced in Saudi Arabia today, basically up to 35-40% the laws you hear today are not enforced.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Lol i lived in Saudi Arabia and this law is not enforced trust me i wouldn't lie about something like that. Also almost every muslim country have a church today.
Would a Muslim give his life so a Christian could worship God as he saw fit?

Of course not.

That is the difference between our two cultures.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Sorry if I believe the actual laws and events rather than your assertions...

Quote:
A 37-year-old American businesswoman and married mother of three is seeking justice after she was thrown in jail by Saudi Arabia's religious police for sitting with a male colleague at a Starbucks coffee shop in Riyadh.
Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man - Times Online

Quote:
[SIZE=2]Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers. [/SIZE]
BBC News | MIDDLE EAST | Saudi police 'stopped' fire rescue

Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 PM

Ummm, a question.

How many Synagogues in Saudi Arabia?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Would a Muslim give his life so a Christian could worship God as he saw fit?

Of course not.

That is the difference between our two cultures.
Well yah a muslim cant convert even if does it will happen secretly, but if you're talking about churches and bibles then yeah they're available with Christians who use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies