Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

The country of Uganda is considering a law that will apply the death penalty to people who engage in acts of homosexuality. Many Republican Christians in this country are in favour of these laws.
One part of the new law states that, not only does it apply to all acts of homosexuality in Uganda itself, whether committed by a foreigner or a citizen BUT the law also applies to ALL citizens of Uganda no matter WHERE they reside in the world. The law says they shall be EXTRADITED to Uganda to face a possible death sentence. So if 2 homosexuals have a rump romp here in the USA and one of them is from Uganda and the government of Uganda request we extradite that homosexual to face possible death, should the United States honour that request?

Uganda considers death sentence for gay sex in bill before parliament | World news | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
This is just TERRIBLE and I doubt this will ever pass in the USA.

Muslims may kill someone for being gay but I do not believe anyone who calls themselves a Christian would.

Christ taught them to love each other. Not kill each other.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Creepy but it is to be expected from a fascist nation.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The country of Uganda is considering a law that will apply the death penalty to people who engage in acts of homosexuality. Many Republican Christians in this country are in favour of these laws.
One part of the new law states that, not only does it apply to all acts of homosexuality in Uganda itself, whether committed by a foreigner or a citizen BUT the law also applies to ALL citizens of Uganda no matter WHERE they reside in the world. The law says they shall be EXTRADITED to Uganda to face a possible death sentence. So if 2 homosexuals have a rump romp here in the USA and one of them is from Uganda and the government of Uganda request we extradite that homosexual to face possible death, should the United States honour that request?

Uganda considers death sentence for gay sex in bill before parliament | World news | The Guardian
god, i sure hope that we would let them stay here knowing that they would face certain death if they returned to uganda. this country lets in all kinds of riffraff from 3rd world countries for economic reasons. when one requests asylum to save his life, it should be accepted. yet, i would not want to see a scenario where all LGBT from such a country would flee to the uS. International pressure should be put on the ugandans to bring them into the 21st century.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,134 times
I'm all for this. I wish we can enact this law in the USA. Maybe then we would be less of a laughingstock

Old 12-01-2009, 10:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Last I checked the USA was in debt, has a weak dollar, and a bad economy. Nobody is laughing at the homosexuals. They are laughing at the politicians and the dim witted voters. It looks like people respect Canada, Spain and England....they don't have oppressive laws targeting gays. Now do they? I guess you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I'm all for this. I wish we can enact this law in the USA. Maybe then we would be less of a laughingstock

Last edited by artsyguy; 12-01-2009 at 10:49 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Yeah. We could be just like Nazi Germany. How admirable.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Last I checked the USA was in debt, has a weak dollar, and a bad economy. Nobody is laughing at the homosexuals. It looks like people respect Canada, Spain and England....they don't have oppressive laws targeting gays. Now do they? I guess you are wrong.
the OP is aking if the US should extradite gay ugandans bak to uganda, not whether the US should execute its own gays. the US has done some heinous things to its own citizens over its some 200+ years, but I can safely say that the US would never send gay folk off to death camps.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I can safely say that the US would never send gay folk off to death camps.
Unlikely, yes, but never say never. Germany had a thriving homosexual culture in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The Nazis put an end to that.

According to Gallup and Pew polls, about half of America believes that homosexuality is immoral. It's not hard at all to imagine a majority of voters in some states voting to make homosexuality illegal again.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies