Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharnen View Post
The military now is desperate for recruits, so they start accepting the lowest common denominator inbred criminal type. Not surprising.
Have you actually checked the recruiting standards or ar you just repeating what others may have said without checking it out?

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 PM

65 posts, read 120,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I am glad you are raising your sons to be that way. However, I will say my observation is that today young man do not even have to try hard because teenage girsl are becoming more and more agressive in chasing the boys. They are pretty good at later claiming inocense if a boy goes too far.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
And you have proof of this? What kinda expertise do you with teenage girls?

either way we're not talking about teenage boys or girls. we're talking about young men and women in the military.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
However, I will say my observation is that today young man do not even have to try hard because teenage girsl are becoming more and more agressive in chasing the boys. They are pretty good at later claiming inocense if a boy goes too far.
Claiming innocence if a boy goes too far? What the heck does that mean? By going to far, do you mean rape? Oh, right, she was asking for it.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:42 PM

65 posts, read 120,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.mona42 View Post
This cased didn't get enough national coverage. sad.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharnen View Post
women don't need to be protected by men. if that's the case then why have them in the military at all? those men need to learn how to keep their hands to themselves.

Women in the military need to learn how to protect themselves, what's the point of being in the military if you don't know how to fight?

Do they even teach self defense?

I did not mean it literally. I meant that if a man ever saw a women being hurt they would help not join in or cheer it on.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Maybe women shouldn't be allowed in the military at all. Only 100% heterosexual males should be allowed.

Opinions? Agree or disagree?
ALLOWED ?????

So sorry but women are EQUAL CITIZENS and do what they damn well please....no man "allows" them to do, or not do, anything anymore.

You think the victims should have "consequences", be punished???

How about those NOBLE RAPING SICK PIGS they're forced to work with?....why not throw them all in jail after their dishonorable discharge. Isn't RAPING your fellow soldiers an act of terrorism and treason????

HANG THEM! And hang the commanding officers who prefer to hide it.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Maybe the female soldiers should arm themselves.

Hain't they never heard of bobbitt knife.

I hear you can purchase them with a genuine Lorena Bobbit signature engraved right in the handle.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 PM

68 posts, read 65,168 times
"War is a young man's game" - an old saying, but so true.

Women should never have been integrated such that they have to worry about getting to a latrine in the middle of the night. What have we come to when soldiers can serve while pregnant? Where deployment means sending a mother off with her unit and leaving her children behind?

Political correctness will be the damnation of this country.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know I will catch a lot of flak for this, but the majority of women I knew in the military used that gender flag to get special treatment, to gain favors, to get excused from doing "the dirty jobs", and pretty much, whenever things got tough they were quick to find a way to use their gender to get preferential treatment.

I'm not excusing rape, that is never acceptable behavior. As to sexual harassment, many women used the most benign circumstances to claim sexual harassment where none existed.

A lot of the females in my unit are pretty tough, but it's a select few that do what you mention: try to get special treatment.

We're loading the LM's and they ask me if they have to help b/c some of the stuff is too heavy etc. pfft

As far as rape's concerned, I honestly don't know how the military can address but they better do something b/c the numbers ain't looking too good.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times
If there were no women in the US military the guys wiould just rape women on the streets near their bases. Sad but true.

Instead of dealing with the women and talking about taking the women away, we should be figuring out how to make the MEN in the military act with a little bit more dignity and common decency. Most US soldiers act completely disgraceful.

Especially overseas, the way they act gives the USA a bad name. It's probably a major reason why the world thinks the US is a bunch of violent, ignorant goons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies