Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 11:13 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
True love is and should be colorblind. I can understand somewhat (not necessarily agree) about the carrying on tradition as other racial groups feel the same way about staying within their race. I just view this as limiting because your son could find that special lady who just happens to not be black. Should he turn his back on true love because the lady lacks melatin in her skin? What if she is only half black as our current president is? Would that be out of the question? I am posing these questions because I'd like you to seriously think about this because if he were to fall in love with someone outside of the black race, this really isn't something that should cause strife between you and the son that you love.
Not only is it tradition for me, but it also has much to do with the work that I do advocating for black marriages and black healthy families. I would not ultimately disapprove of a mixed/interracial marriage, but it is not what I personally would prefer for him. He has to live by his own decision and it does not necessarily mean that it would be one that I would have to approve of or one that I would personally choose for him if given that opportunity. Of course we know that our offspring will choose their own mate, yet there are many parents who do not approve of the mates that their children select for marriage. Once again this is why I asked would I be considered racist or prejudice because I approve firstly and highly recommend that my son marry a black woman?

Our views are varied, yet it could imply that I could be racist or prejudice due to my desire for my son. For me it is not important what others think, but for the masses and their overall opinion or perception it may be for this thread. Overall I am happy and comfortable with my desire-this is why I will not debate with anyone concerning it, but I do believe that it makes for an interesting analysis when we speak of racist or prejudice attitudes and behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
Hi, are you 12????

Perhaps there are many more people like you and reelist on these boards. I am not here to accumulate points. Also the majority of your posts are on an extremely controversial 9/11 thread. Grow up
My post was meant to show that most people don't seem to agree with you.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Black people never went around the world slaughtering and enslaving populations they deemed "inferior" to themselves. Indeed white people invented the concept of "race" therefore they invented racism. Any sort of black racial sentiment is a defense mechanism against the white racist power structure, racism is about power therefore it goes one way.
Modern AfricaSlavery persists in Africa more than in all other continents. Slavery in Mauritania was legally abolished by laws passed in 1905, 1961, and 1981, but several human rights organizations are reporting that the practice continues there.
The trading of children has been reported in modern Nigeria and Benin.
In parts of Ghana, a family may be punished for an offense by having to turn over a virgin female to serve as a sex slave within the offended family. In this instance, the woman does not gain the title of "wife".
In parts of Ghana, Togo, and Benin, shrine slavery persists, despite being illegal in Ghana since 1998. In this system of slavery, sometimes called trokosi (in Ghana) or voodoosi in Togo and Benin, or ritual servitude, young virgin girls are given as slaves in traditional shrines and are used sexually by the priests in addition to providing free labor for the shrine.
In the Sudan, slavery continues as part of an ongoing civil war. Evidence emerged in the late 1990s of systematic slavery in cacao plantations in West Africa.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
just because you can't comprehend a complicated concept does not mean you should resort to insults because you have no real response.
Okay, I resorted to a cheap shot sorry, but I've seen you post over and over with the same logical fallacies, chiefly the whole only whites can be racist claptrap. These kinds of psuedo-arguments really irk me so I lost my cool.

Have a nice day!

Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
the amsters was on purpose get it? you also used welded several times. just saying. means nothing really.

You have still not provided one concrete example of blacks being "superior" though.
Nice tap dance around the issue but make sure your own typing is perfect before you start questioning other poster's mistakes or else you will be made to look foolish.

What does blacks actually being in positions of superiority have to do with a belief that their race is superior to others? Beliefs are not always based in reality. Any educated person knows this.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Not only is it tradition for me, but it also has much to do with the work that I do advocating for black marriages and black healthy families. I would not ultimately disapprove of a mixed/interracial marriage, but it is not what I personally would prefer for him. He has to live by his own decision and it does not necessarily mean that it would be one that I would have to approve of or one that I would personally choose for him if given that opportunity. Of course we know that our offspring will choose their own mate, yet there are many parents who do not approve of the mates that their children select for marriage. Once again this is why I asked would I be considered racist or prejudice because I approve firstly and highly recommend that my son marry a black woman?

Our views are varied, yet it could imply that I could be racist or prejudice due to my desire for my son. For me it is not important what others think, but for the masses and their overall opinion or perception it may be for this thread. Overall I am happy and comfortable with my desire-this is why I will not debate with anyone concerning it, but I do believe that it makes for an interesting analysis when we speak of racist or prejudice attitudes and behaviors.
I admire the fact that you are working to advocate for healthier black families and marriages as healthy marriages and families are causes I also strongly believe in. Our children need positive role models within the home and stability to develop into emotionally healthy adults. I don't think your desire for your son to marry within the black race is an example of racism as other cultures adopt this practice as well. I just feel that you are limiting your sons options by requiring him to marry only within the black race. How do you feel about a woman who is half-black such as our president? Would she be an acceptable mate for your son?

Also, I don't quite see how your son being in an interracial marriage would have an adverse affect on the work you do unless your work specifically advocate against interracial relationships. Does your organization advocate against interracial relationships?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:

Funny that you say this. Al Sharpton has advocated the opposite probably a million times already...literally. Of course he just slams Tiger woods for not having enough black mistresses. Probably would never do the opposite. If blacks were serious about equality, then this wouldn't be happening. Practise what you preach.

Quote:
I admire the fact that you are working to advocate for healthier black families and marriages as healthy marriages and families are causes I also strongly believe in. Our children need positive role models within the home and stability to develop into emotionally healthy adults. I don't think your desire for your son to marry within the black race is an example of racism as other cultures adopt this practice as well. I just feel that you are limiting your sons options by requiring him to marry only within the black race. How do you feel about a woman who is half-black such as our president? Would she be an acceptable mate for your son?

Also, I don't quite see how your son being in an interracial marriage would have an adverse affect on the work you do unless your work specifically advocate against interracial relationships. Does your organization advocate against interracial relationships?
Obama is a man.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:

It is volunteer work I do for the community, and we do not promote it either way. We never speak on that topic and have no plans to. We speak to black people in the community about their relationships, host black marriage and relationship events, and try to ensure that our children are raised by healthy black males and females who demonstrate what a good marriage and family should be. Like I mentioned earlier I am not going to debate my beliefs regarding my son marrying a black woman. With the black woman being the one who will least likely get married, I would hope that my son will choose one who has the desire to be wed and raise a healthy black family.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Funny that you say this. Al Sharpton has advocated the opposite probably a million times already...literally. Of course he just slams Tiger woods for not having enough black mistresses. Probably would never do the opposite. If blacks were serious about equality, then this wouldn't be happening. Practise what you preach.

Obama is a man.
I have no difficulties practicing what I preach. I am self-assured in my beliefs, I have my own identity and I do not look unto others to assist me in forming my beliefs or living by them. Not sure what you actually meant, but either way it would not dismiss nor allow me to question my beliefs. As an American I am free to believe and promote what I want based on my own experiences and understanding about the world and how we form our own identities to live by and not by those dictated by others and their beliefs. I hope that you are doing the same.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
It is volunteer work I do for the community, and we do not promote it either way. We never speak on that topic and have no plans to. We speak to black people in the community about their relationships, host black marriage and relationship events, and try to ensure that our children are raised by healthy black males and females who demonstrate what a good marriage and family should be. Like I mentioned earlier I am not going to debate my beliefs regarding my son marrying a black woman. With the black woman being the one who will least likely get married, I would hope that my son will choose one who has the desire to be wed and raise a healthy black family.
I understand your desire not to debate something so personal and that is your right. Just remember in a forum; but when you bring up something, expect other posters to question and debate it as that is the nature of political and controversial forums.

By the way, I really admire the objectives of this community organization and wish that I could do some work also in this area as building stronger marriages and healthier families are causes I strongly believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies