Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
This entire decision - to try these enemy combatants in civilian courts - is going to be a national security disaster.
How so, a battalion of al-Qaeda fighters on landing craft invading Battery Park?

Quote:
First, by the government's own statistics, 1 in 5 of those released will return to fight against us. I personally think the ratio is MUCH higher...
The highest leaked percentage was 20%. I say leaked because it came from an undisclosed source the day after Obama ordered GITMO closed, curious that.

Quote:
Second, the trials will expose a lot of our interrogation and information gathering techniques, perhaps even put CIA operatives in jeopardy.

Third, when Kaleid Sheik Mohammed is tried - it will be a grand stage for him to spew his hatred of America and a call to arms for other jihadists. I for one expect a revenge attack(s) against NYC for the trial - with many civilian deaths as a result.
You obviously don't know or understand the criminal procedures of Federal Courts.

Quote:
Obama and Holder are DEAD WRONG about what they are doing.
I'll take Harvard Law over the Internet School of Jurisprudence.

Quote:
These terrorists should be tried in military tribunals.
A military tribunal where a Federal Appeals Court threw out evidence, the same military tribunal which forms the basis of this thread, military tribunals where defendants are afforded similar rights as those in criminal court, those military tribunal??

Quote:
We better start acting the part before WMDs start going off on US soil!!!
Don't worry they couldn't find them in Iraq either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They were under the jurisdiction of the military, until obama and holder decided it would be a fine idea to hold mock trials that will cost millions.
Yada, yada, yada. Spin much?

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
let Obama continue to have his way
too bad though as we are the ones that will pay with deaths here
out of all the attemped attacks since 9/11
41 of them has happened on Obama's watch
but hey~ let's just love everybody

Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I guess it's all fine when Bush tried people in civilian court....right?
For the GOP, you bet it was. Ahhhhh, how quickly they forget.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah, you're right. No matter what the outcome will be Obama will invoke national security and hold them indefinitely. So in other words all of this nonsense is just for show, show-trials.

who will pay the $$$$400 million in NY to bring these creeps in?
hint, we will

Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How so, a battalion of al-Qaeda fighters on landing craft invading Battery Park?

The highest leaked percentage was 20%. I say leaked because it came from an undisclosed source the day after Obama ordered GITMO closed, curious that.

You obviously don't know or understand the criminal procedures of Federal Courts.

A military tribunal where a Federal Appeals Court threw out evidence, the same military tribunal which forms the basis of this thread, military tribunals where defendants are afforded similar rights as those in criminal court, those military tribunal??

Indeed, I'll take Harvard Law over the Internet School..........too.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
who will pay the $$$$400 million in NY to bring these creeps in?
hint, we will
I want to see a line by line accounting of that estimate. Knowing N.Y. I think there is a lot of double billing going on.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 AM

5 posts, read 6,620 times
This is Bushes fault not Obama. You idiots are like telling the Americans GIs who liberated the Jews at the Nazi camps criminal because some may be real criminals. Maybe but the camps were outragous in the first place fools. I would bet my bottom dollar that 99% of you would be jumping up and down for the internment camps for the Japanese in 41

Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

It didn't take a battalion of jihadists to take down the World Trade Center complex and kill almost 3,000... so much for your silly analogies...

Let's agree to disagree - big time...

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
No.
Yes. Do you know the definition of a show trial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies