Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It makes no difference how you feel when you hear about a great Christian family.

His parents have done more good for the poor than most of us could dream of.

Tim's mother graduated *** laude from the University of Florida with a degree in Journalism and Communications. She home schooled Tim and his 4 siblings. She is an excellent example of a focused dedicated caring woman of faith.

Tim's father's ministry continues to run an orphanage that takes care of 50+ orphans in the Philippines. He founded Uncle Dick's Home Uncle Dick's Home - The Orphanage of the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association which does incredible work for the orphans in the Philippines.

Tim's mother and father are also pioneers in the homeschooling movement. They have home schooled all their children and all have done excellent, all receiving college scholarships.

I know it is tough for some haters when such great caring people of faith are presented to the world but you really should investigate a little so you don't look so ignorant before you make stupid comments.
Funny, I didn't even mention "Christian" in my post about feeling barfy about these "perfect" families. You are the one who brought that in.

Good for his mom to have graduated c*u*m laude with a "fluff" degree. My daughter graduated summa c*u*m laude from St. Olaf College with a biology degree. That and a few dollars will get you a cup of coffee.

Remember these two sayings:

"If you dig under the family tree, you're going to find a little dirt"; and
"If you shake the family tree, you'll get a few nuts".

No family is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
[color=#000000]
Another sick, bigoted organization being given recognition they don't deserve. Just one more reason for gays and lesbians to not support homophobic, anti-gay professional sports, like football.
Well, I'm not a gay or lesbian, but I am a liberal, and to suggest that I or anyone stop watching football is absolutely ridiculous. I'll bet you wouldn't stop watching Gilmore Girls or Will and Gracee just because they have ads for the Lord's Prayer Cross during it.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Prolife is not anti woman. The purpose of abortion as envisioned by its Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger and supported by liberal Justice Ginsburg (even in an interview on TV) is to reduce the numbers of the disabled, poor, immigrant and black that eugenicists don't think we need too many of.

I think you'll find prolifers actually agreeing with Planned Parenthood ideals to provide education and contraception, and I personally applaud their efforts for that, but draw the line at abortion and using abortion as birth control. Eugenics--one of the three prongs of Planned Parenthood-- is not an "anti-woman" position, it's an anti-human/anti-poor/anti-race position.

I personally wish the education and contraception would be extended to the men. Man's thought and belief system in some foreign countries and even in the US as it relates to women and children is horrible. It should not just fall on the woman.
What pro-lifers do you hang around with?
Half the time they're the ones trumpeting for abstinence-only education and against teens having access to Plan B.
I'm sure if we ran the country their way there would be no condoms, no birth control pills, no IUDs, etc.

The purpose of abortion is to end a pregnancy. Nothing more, nothing less.

A small percentage of Planned Parenthood's revenue comes from abortions.
I personally find it funny when anti-choice people protest the Planned Parenthood in my area when the Planned Parenthood doesn't even perform abortions. They have an abortion pill but they don't perform abortions that most people think of.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:46 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
This doesn't bother me one way or the other. What I am sick and tired of is the sportscasters slurping Tebow with every breath. Him and Farve. the only up side to all that slurping is we have to listen to less about the Manning boys but then the worship of the Mannings now seems minor compared to Tebow and Farve.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Funny, I didn't even mention "Christian" in my post about feeling barfy about these "perfect" families. You are the one who brought that in.

Good for his mom to have graduated c*u*m laude with a "fluff" degree. My daughter graduated summa c*u*m laude from St. Olaf College with a biology degree. That and a few dollars will get you a cup of coffee.

Remember these two sayings:

"If you dig under the family tree, you're going to find a little dirt"; and
"If you shake the family tree, you'll get a few nuts".

No family is perfect.
They are a great family, something to work towards in your own family life. It is a shame that the little green monster (envy) has affected your life so severely. My condolences.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Focus on the Family will air a 30-second television spot featuring University of Florida star quarterback Tim Tebow and his mother Pam, during the Super Bowl Feb. 7.

The Colorado Springs-based media ministry shot the ad with the Tebows Tuesday in Orlando, Focus spokesman Gary Schneeberger said this morning. It is set to air before and then again during the CBS broadcast of the game from Dolphin Stadium near Miami, he said.

Tebow and his mother will share one of their many personal family-affirming stories, Schneeberger said, but he wouldn't reveal which one. One such story could be her decision to carry him to term despite a life-threatening pregnancy in the Philippines where she and her husband Bob were serving as Christian missionaries.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, known for being home-schooled, winning an NCAA championship and wearing Bible verse citations inscribed in his game-day eye black, agreed to appear in the ad because the issue of life is one he and his family feel strongly about, Schneeberger said.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14200240#ixzz0cntGgEOl

Another sick, bigoted organization being given recognition they don't deserve. Just one more reason for gays and lesbians to not support homophobic, anti-gay professional sports, like football.
Shouldn't they be feeding the people in Haiti instead?

Old 01-17-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
They are a great family, something to work towards in your own family life. It is a shame that the little green monster (envy) has affected your life so severely. My condolences.
Yeah, right, the only way to be a "great" family is to build an orphanage with your own name on it in the Phillippines, homeschool your kids, blah, blah. They aren't the only kids who ever got college scholarships. In fact, my own kids got scholarships at Christian colleges. Quit projecting your envy onto others.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So what's the problem?
The problem is that those who embrace religion don't seem happy without pushing their views on other people. That's the problem.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yeah, right, the only way to be a "great" family is to build an orphanage with your own name on it in the Phillippines, homeschool your kids, blah, blah. They aren't the only kids who ever got college scholarships. In fact, my own kids got scholarships at Christian colleges. Quit projecting your envy onto others.
The Orphanage is Uncle Dick's Home. Just some facts so you again look, well less that smart.

The orphanage was later named “Uncle Dick’s Home” after Richard Fowler, a neighbor of the Tebows, who became like a member of their family. They led him to Christ, and he supported the ministry in many ways through the years. Upon his death, he left BTEA a sum of money to be used to establish the orphanage.

It never amazes me how angry, ignorant people act on these forums. I have pity for those types of people. They must have very miserable lives and just like to spread the misery every chance the get. Those type of people have my sympathy, it must suck being them.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
The Orphanage is Uncle Dick's Home. Just some facts so you again look, well less that smart.

The orphanage was later named “Uncle Dick’s Home” after Richard Fowler, a neighbor of the Tebows, who became like a member of their family. They led him to Christ, and he supported the ministry in many ways through the years. Upon his death, he left BTEA a sum of money to be used to establish the orphanage.

It never amazes me how angry, ignorant people act on these forums. I have pity for those types of people. They must have very miserable lives and just like to spread the misery every chance the get. Those type of people have my sympathy, it must suck being them.
Are you referring to me? Don't waste your energy. I'm not particularly impressed by this showboat family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies