Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Agreed!!
even Jane Roe chnaged her mind about abortion. Im off to eat sorry to drop out of this chat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Pro-life is not inherently anti-woman, but imposing that as if it's the way it should be, and not giving women a choice, is what is anti-woman.

Being pro-life, and framing that stance using words such as "life," paints a false scenario where women (or anyone) who is for the choice of a woman having control over her body is seen as a murderer. It is divisive rhetoric.

Imposing a pro-life stance on all women is decidedly anti-woman because it reinforces the antiquated, patriarchal view that women are supposed to be baby carriers without a say in how they determine the fate of their own lives and bodies. That is completely unacceptable.

It doesn't matter if the "Right to Life" movement was founded by a woman - she has no authority to speak for all women (A), and (B) she was, like all women, a product of a society that encourages and commands women to be incubators for children. Just because she accepted that role doesn't mean all other women have to agree with her, and it doesn't qualify her perspective on the issue moreso than any other woman.
I ONLY do this with posts I REALLY REALLY like. This is the third one to win this honor!

Oh yeah! I approve!

Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
I don't know what it is with you and the "turns you on" comments - Again, a purely emotional response from you.

I, and a majority of Americans, oppose abortions because we believe LIFE begins at conception. We believe that that it is a human life growing within the female.

Liberals do not like the word majority of people unless they can use it to their advantage. If you use it they tell you it means nothing.

You do know that a majority of Americans oppose abortions, don't you?

They will not accept that. They hate facts. When I posted that the huge majority of Americans are conservative they went bonkers on here. Even the indys have more then the libs by a large margin.
They are a small minority mainly because the way they think.

So, trying knocking off with the "turn you on" rhetoric - the emotionalism.

Let's try discussing the issues unemotionally.

People can disagree - without being disagreeable. I love to watch and listen to James Carville and Mary Matlin - who take the disagreeing without being disagreeable to new heights.

BTW - if you ever get a chance to see these two in person - go see them. They are truly great together.

I am sick of the liberal use of religion to make a point.

The goofy non believers have so many issues they cannot surely know what most people believe.

You all need to stop using religion as a tool to make a point because how could one non believer know what it is like when you have little to no moral values to make a good decision?

+1 rep for you GD, he left is full of hypocrites.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You are usually halfway reasonable in your posts. But this is utter garbage and one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. If, however, you must create such a ridiculously absurd assertion to make you feel better about your stance, that is your "choice".

Pro-choice is anti-baby. There, how does that work for you?
Just because YOU think it is garbage does not mean it is.

And yes, as I said. I am usually reasonable and can see where the right comes from in their stances. I even agree with some conservative stances. Like spending and illegal immigration. But abortion is something I will NEVER EVER EVER budge from.

"Prolife" is anti woman. Simple as that.

Pro choice is anti baby? Except no babies dies. It is a fetus. But if you like it, fine. Pro choice is anti baby. Makes you happy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I am sick of the liberal use of religion to make a point.

The goofy non believers have so many issues they cannot surely know what most people believe.

You all need to stop using religion as a tool to make a point because how could one non believer know what it is like when you have little to no moral values to make a good decision?

+1 rep for you GD, he left is full of hypocrites.
Blah blah! Says you who comes in here and spouts so much nonsense. When proven wrong, won't come back. Typical of you. I am glad you don't speak for the vast majority on the right.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Pro-life is not inherently anti-woman, but imposing that as if it's the way it should be, and not giving women a choice, is what is anti-woman.

Being pro-life, and framing that stance using words such as "life," paints a false scenario where women - or anyone - who is for the choice of a woman having control over her body is seen as a murderer. It is divisive rhetoric.

Imposing a pro-life stance on all women is decidedly anti-woman because it reinforces the antiquated, patriarchal view that women are supposed to be baby carriers without a say in how they determine the fate of their own lives and bodies. That is completely unacceptable.

It doesn't matter if the "Right to Life" movement was founded by a woman - she has no authority to speak for all women (A), and (B) she was, like all women, a product of a society that encourages and commands women to be incubators for children. Just because she accepted that role doesn't mean all other women have to agree with her, and it doesn't qualify her perspective on the issue moreso than any other woman.

As a woman, you do have a choice.

You just screwed it up or something.

You had control of your body and emotions then lost it.

I like the crowd who loves someone who makes a mistake and then kills off someone to get rid of their mistake.

People who make mistakes are not suppose to be rewarded for making it in the first place.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
As a woman, you do have a choice.

You just screwed it up or something.

You had control of your body and emotions then lost it.

I like the crowd who loves someone who makes a mistake and then kills off someone to get rid of their mistake.

People who make mistakes are not suppose to be rewarded for making it in the first place.
Oh I agree. Women should be more careful and have access to birth control.

But nooooooo!!!!!!!!!! We only want to teach abstinence. Ohhh and birth control denies potential life! As if we don't have enough starving people here.

The "prolife" movement is hypocritical and a JOKE at the best.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Just because YOU think it is garbage does not mean it is.

And yes, as I said. I am usually reasonable and can see where the right comes from in their stances. I even agree with some conservative stances. Like spending and illegal immigration. But abortion is something I will NEVER EVER EVER budge from.

"Prolife" is anti woman. Simple as that.

Pro choice is anti baby? Except no babies dies. It is a fetus. But if you like it, fine. Pro choice is anti baby. Makes you happy?

Blah blah! Says you who comes in here and spouts so much nonsense. When proven wrong, won't come back. Typical of you. I am glad you don't speak for the vast majority on the right.
Prove me wrong then big boy. I will be waiting.

I don't come back?

If you have been reading my post I have hammered the libs so much this week that they never come back to my postings.

And I do speak for the huge majority that do not believe in killing a baby.

You are the one who is on the minority side on every issue except illegals.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
How about a National Referendum - either a ballot issue or a Constitutional Amendment regarding abortion.

How about letting the American people decide?

I'm up for it

Anyone else?

Old 01-16-2010, 05:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
"He" is a "She"

Old 01-16-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
How about a National Referendum - either a ballot issue or a Constitutional Amendment regarding abortion.

How about letting the American people decide?

I'm up for it

Anyone else?
Nope! Because we do not vote on other peoples right.

Quote:

I don't come back?

If you have been reading my post I have hammered the libs so much this week that they never come back to my postings.

And I do speak for the huge majority that do not believe in killing a baby.

You are the one who is on the minority side on every issue except illegals.
You do not know all of my stances. You would be surprised that I believe in conservative values as well.

I am a girl first of all. Nope. You don't come back. I know I have posted to you many times but you dont reply. Liberals do not reply because your posts have no intention of debating. All you want to say is "Obamie the commie" and liberal this and that.

Why am I wasting my time? I Know your mentality.

Oh a "baby". (fetus) Wahhhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies