Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:52 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post

Another sick, bigoted organization being given recognition they don't deserve. Just one more reason for gays and lesbians to not support homophobic, anti-gay professional sports, like football.
I am sure the NFL is quaking in fear at the thought of being boycotted by the GBLT community members who don't watch anyway. The ones that watch will be more interested in the game than your political delusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
They want to restrict the freedoms of women and demonize them for controlling their own bodies. They also want to discourage gays and lesbians from seeking marriage by advocating against their humanity and their relationships.

They are a fundamentalist hate group, plain and simple.
You are 100 percent spot on as usual!

Don't forget "pathetic" also. Fake. They just prey off the religious peoples fears. "OMFG! THE UNBORN! THE BABIES" SARAH PALIN!!!!! SAVE US!

Some of them just cannot stand the fact that women work and can control their bodies.

They just cannot accept things other than their version of "traditional values".

Gays and lesbians are NEVER going to go away. Abortion will NEVER go away. Deal with it the right way instead of crying "wahhhhh the unborn" or "wahhh if we let gays get married, my marriage wont mean much!"

Old 01-16-2010, 03:58 PM

981 posts, read 806,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I am sure the NFL is quaking in fear at the thought of being boycotted by the GBLT community.
I never suggested anything about boycotting the NFL. Professional sports, in general, exalt homophobia and heterosexual male masculinity, as if it's the only kind of masculinity. Openly gay players are not respected, and thus remain closeted for most, if not all of their careers. They are devalued if they are open about who they are.

The fact that this ad will be running, and that this conservative stance on abortion by a known hate group is being endorsed by a player, is unsurprising, given that it is the NFL, but despicable nonetheless.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
I never suggested anything about boycotting the NFL. Professional sports, in general, exalt homophobia and heterosexual male masculinity, as if it's the only kind of masculinity. Openly gay players are not respected, and thus remain closeted for most, if not all of their careers. They are devalued if they are open about who they are.

The fact that this ad will be running, at that this conservative stance on abortion by a known hate group is being endorsed by a player, is unsurprising, given that it is the NFL, but despicable nonetheless.
have you seen this ad to know it is about abortion?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You are 100 percent spot on as usual!

Don't forget "pathetic" also. Fake. They just prey off the religious peoples fears. "OMFG! THE UNBORN! THE BABIES" SARAH PALIN!!!!! SAVE US!

Some of them just cannot stand the fact that women work and can control their bodies.

They just cannot accept things other than their version of "traditional values".

Gays and lesbians are NEVER going to go away. Abortion will NEVER go away. Deal with it the right way instead of crying "wahhhhh the unborn" or "wahhh if we let gays get married, my marriage wont mean much!"
Uhhhh? The only people crying appear to be those unhappy about the commercial being shown during the SB.

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
The fact that this ad will be running, at that this conservative stance on abortion by a known hate group is being endorsed by a player, is unsurprising, given that it is the NFL, but despicable nonetheless.
My stance is that pro abortionist groups and their supporters are hate groups. You have your own opinion. Whats the difference?

981 posts, read 806,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
have you seen this ad to know it is about abortion?
Did you read the article? Do you know what this group stands for?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Uhhhh? The only people crying appear to be those unhappy about the commercial being shown during the SB.
I think the "prolife" group is horribly pathetic and disgusting but I am not crying about it or calling for a boycott. Why? Because they have the right to air whatever garbage they want.

The real whiners are the people who cannot stand that I (as a woman) have RIGHTS to MY body and life.

Quote:
Did you read the article? Do you know what this group stands for?
Why do you even ask? It stands for women controlling/hating. What else?

The only issue that I could never compromise on is this one. "Prolife" is anti woman simply in my eyes.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why do you even ask? It stands for women controlling/hating. What else?
You have the right to "control" your body.

At the same time, other women, who feel totally opposite than you, who oppose abortion, have exactly the same right as you to express their opposition.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have the right to "control" your body.

At the same time, other women, who feel totally opposite than you, who oppose abortion, have exactly the same right as you to express their opposition.
Why put control in quotes?

And why do you even bother trying to tell me that?I know they have the same rights as me. I don't CARE that they do. I think those women are stupid as hell but whatever. They have the right to oppose freedom and be anti American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies