Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 09:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Consent, the problem here is an act of terrorism is not heroic.

If you accept this as heroism, then by rote, you accept every suicide bomber's act as heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Constant, the problem here is an act of terrorism is not herioc.

each and everytime the federal goverment sends out the IRS, BATFE, FBI, DEA, EPA, FAA and loads of others agencies it is an act of terrorism.

terrorism upon the people they are supposed to serve, not subjucate.

not all of us are sheep, wish the feds would stop acting like they are above the law.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
each and everytime the federal goverment sends out the IRS, BATFE, FBI, DEA, EPA, FAA and loads of others agencies it is an act of terrorism.

not all of us are sheep, wish the feds would stop acting like they are above the law.

Again, an act of terrorism is not heroic.

Are suicide bombers heroic? Are the terrorists who killed over 3,000 people on 9/11 heroic?

Think about what you are saying here.

Sheep? I think not.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Again, an act of terrorism is not heroic.

Are suicide bombers heroic? Are the terrorists who killed over 3,000 people on 9/11 heroic?

Think about what you are saying here.

Sheep? I think not.

no act of terrorism is heroic, just criminal. but at the same time, the acts of the federal agencies that murder and cannot be or wont be prosecuted for their crimes are just as criminal.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Well monkey then strap on some explosives, grab your gun and go do something """Heroic""" If you don't die in your attempt I'll be glad to hold the rope when they string you up. Talk is cheap

Old 02-25-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Well monkey then strap on some explosives, grab your gun and go do something """Heroic""" If you don't die in your attempt I'll be glad to hold the rope when they string you up. Talk is cheap

talk sure is cheap from you as well. why not put a rifle on your shoulder and stand across from your mirror and have him watch you as well.

dont know what a mirror is, then ask a soldier who stood post on a wall or on a border, like me. I dont have anything to prove, to you or anyone else.

what I was trying to say was that just because the feds go out and murder people, it does not mean it is legal. no matter who they think they are.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:

This is just bull. We need agencies like these and most people don't feel terrorize by them.

By the way, my husband was audited by the IRS and ended up getting a HUGE refund. We love the IRS. Was he scared to go to their office? Sure he was, but he also knew he wasn't purposely trying to cheat the government. He also knew that any error on his part could have been corrected and paid off. He made an error alright but a good one---in our favor---as it turned out.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 AM

no act of terrorism is heroic, just criminal.

Exactly, and that's why this guy is absolutely no hero. To put this kind of behavior up as an example of heroism is wrong.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 AM

768 posts, read 1,088,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And Stack had no intention of dealing with the consequences of his action, he knew he would die, and that is the nature of his cowardice.
What some view as cowardice, others see as martyrdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Civil disobedience was in Stack identifying the specific tax laws he disagreed with, and then deliberately breaking those laws, not with the intention of getting away with breaking the law, but with the intention of being punished for breaking the law, but also with the intention of drawing public attention to the injustice of the laws.
I think he got the public's attention.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:32 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
talk sure is cheap from you as well. why not put a rifle on your shoulder and stand across from your mirror and have him watch you as well.

dont know what a mirror is, then ask a soldier who stood post on a wall or on a border, like me. I dont have anything to prove, to you or anyone else.

what I was trying to say was that just because the feds go out and murder people, it does not mean it is legal. no matter who they think they are.
Do TWO tours in Vietnam and three on the Korean DMZ count? I am retired Army. Don't wrap yourself in my flag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies