Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:33 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,762 times

Advertisements

I just now opened this thread. I heard about the attack on the news, but didn't remember the guy's name. I thought this was just some dead congressman or something.

I'm against the man as much as the next guy, but to make this guy a hero? Big thumbs down for Joe Stack. He's basically Timothy McVeigh without the bomb making capability.

All I can say about his supporters is wow, that's pretty brazen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,762 times
I gotta add, any of you supporters heard of an IP address? Yeah they can find out who's typing what no matter how clever your name is. And to the guy who keeps saying the gov't is too broken to track people, well tracking people is about the one thing the gov't spares no expense for and can do, very well.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
zox

344 posts, read 479,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Just as diverse in the political spectrum is the contrarian viewpoint, that the kneejerk "domestic terrorist; isn't spewed like a cheap sound bite worth as much as a 6 piece McNuggets.
Why do you feel the domestic terrorist label doesn't apply? If you examine this incident and compare it to the action of an Islamic terrorist, they have much in common. Both groups commit violence with the intent to strike fear and send a political message. Stack was trying to create fear within IRS with the hope that the IRS would behave differently. He commited an act of violence with the intent of killing people including innocents. Stack justified the killing of innocents as collateral damage much like Islamic terrorists. And like Islamic terrorists, Stack took credit for the deed. The knee jerk reaction seems to be getting defensive about Stack being labeled a domestic terrorist and not the other way around.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 AM

938 posts, read 1,230,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Yeeeeees but I still would not kill an innocent man because I was pissed off at the IRS.

The IRS is a money steeling agency that wields to much power and I would be thrilled to be rid of it but I am not thrilled to be rid of Mr. Hunter, he did not deserve to die because the government is corrupt.
Soooooo...why not join the fight of those trying to rid America of this 'money steeling agency'(stealing btw), so incidents like Joe Stack's don't happen again instead of badgering over the collateral damage brought by Joe Stack's outrage?

You people act like this is the first time somebody had beef with the IRS.

It WILL happen again. dreamers.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zox View Post
Why do you feel the domestic terrorist label doesn't apply? If you examine this incident and compare it to the action of an Islamic terrorist, they have much in common. Both groups commit violence with the intent to strike fear and send a political message. Stack was trying to create fear within IRS with the hope that the IRS would behave differently. He commited an act of violence with the intent of killing people including innocents. Stack justified the killing of innocents as collateral damage much like Islamic terrorists. And like Islamic terrorists, Stack took credit for the deed. The knee jerk reaction seems to be getting defensive about Stack being labeled a domestic terrorist and not the other way around.
Actually, no one sympathizing with Stack's problems was initially labeling the IRS or its employee Mr. Hunter as a terrorist. The first blows came to those posting that Stack was a terrorist.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post

All I can say about his supporters is wow, that's pretty brazen.
Not brazen, more like completely deluded & leaning towards vigilantism & terrorist sympathizing. Of course, the people supporting him tend to lean to the right, notice that?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Not brazen, more like completely deluded & leaning towards vigilantism & terrorist sympathizing. Of course, the people supporting him tend to lean to the right, notice that?
Actually, like I mentioned above, several pro-Obama liberals on this thread, while stopping short of supporting him, are understanding why he may have done this and aren't resorting to childish kneejerk "domestic terrorist" or "lunatic" sound bites. You lose. My own pro-Obama liberal fiancee is grown up enough not to use such silly rhetoric also.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Soooooo...why not join the fight of those trying to rid America of this 'money steeling agency'(stealing btw), so incidents like Joe Stack's don't happen again instead of badgering over the collateral damage brought by Joe Stack's outrage?

You people act like this is the first time somebody had beef with the IRS.

It WILL happen again. dreamers.
Classic example of treating the symptoms and not the disease.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
talk sure is cheap from you as well. why not put a rifle on your shoulder and stand across from your mirror and have him watch you as well.

dont know what a mirror is, then ask a soldier who stood post on a wall or on a border, like me. I dont have anything to prove, to you or anyone else.

what I was trying to say was that just because the feds go out and murder people, it does not mean it is legal. no matter who they think they are.

Just to remind you what you posted. You challenged me to take up a rifle and guard the border. I spent a career in the Military and live where I can see Mexico from my Living Room. Your imagined greivances hold no weight with me and don't wrap yourself in the flag to rally others to your imaginary cause. My taxes went down $1532 this year, I'm just fine with the IRS. Every day I read posts about how bad America is and how "we" should take up arms. As far as i am concerned they would be traitors if they had the backbone to do something but whine

Old 02-26-2010, 08:17 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, like I mentioned above, several pro-Obama liberals on this thread, while stopping short of supporting him, are understanding why he may have done this and aren't resorting to childish kneejerk "domestic terrorist" or "lunatic" sound bites. You lose. My own pro-Obama liberal fiancee is grown up enough not to use such silly rhetoric also.
I lose nothing, I'm simply responding to someone who was amazed at anyone who would support someone such as that person. I also have not used any labels that you deem inappropriate so I guess it's you who lose since you seem to be trying to paint me into a corner w/others on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies